Incredible Journey Mapping/Screenshot Contest

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score

Spring time is upon us, and it's time to go traveling! Let's celebrate this adventuring spirit with a brand new contest.

This time, we want you to challenge yourself. Create a new and unique map of the place your project's characters would visit to take a break from their current adventure. Don't have a project yet? Our poor overworked RTP guys and gals would sure love a holiday!

RULES:

- Only one entry map per person.

- Maps must be 17x13 (i.e. 544x416 pixels in size) and in screenshot format.

- Edits are allowed, but please make it easier on our judges and mark which map is your final entry.

- You can use editor mapping or parallax mapping.

- You may use the RTP, any of the resource packs we have for sale, as well as any content posted on the forums prior to today - NOTE: The resource itself must be posted, links that link to an offsite blog/page do not qualify. You must provide credits and links to the threads where the material is found (use spoilers if necessary).

- Please include a brief explanation about why you chose the location in your map.

NOTE: Make sure you check out our sale, too. ;) http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/announcements/spring-journey-sale/

JUDGING:

- Judging will be done by a few of our wonderful staff members.

- Judges will be looking for creativity, functionality and good use of resources.

PRIZES:

- 3rd place will receive a choice of any of the resource packs we have for sale.

- 2nd place will receive the RPG Maker of their choice*, plus two resource packs.

- 1st place will receive the RPG Maker of their choice*, three resource packs AND the opportunity to send a gift to any other participant.

* If you already own all RPG Maker software, it may be switched out for another resource pack.

Lastly, there will be a random draw and 5 lucky participants will receive 10$ in forum store credit.

DEADLINE:

- All entries must be in by Thursday, May 22nd @ 11PM GMT.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
It's so nice to see these contests! I had a lot of fun with the previous mapping contest so I'll make sure to try and put up a entry for this one as well! :)

I Havn't thought about giving my characters a brief vacation! Maybe they need it just as much as I do haha. Now I just need to come up wtih something interesting! Might as well come up with something related to my game and use that as a inspiration for the holiday location! :D

Is there a specific deadline for the map, or maybe we will hear about that later on?

I also like the spice up on the prizes! Giving the winner a chance to send a gift to any other participant is a sweet and interesting concept! I like that! :)

Good luck to everyone!

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm clear, do the resources have to be available on THIS forum?

Is it allowed to use materials from other sites? (Still with credits, naturally) 

I'm assuming the restaff packs and Members+ resources are fair game.

Also, are full custom resources (like things you've drawn yourself) allowed? Also, if so, do they still need to match the style of RTP (or one of the other styles of the official packs available) 

I'm probably over-thinking it, but I'd prefer to be 100% sure of the rules. 

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
This forum only, and they must have been available prior to the contest announcement (so, no sneaky people going and posting a resource they want to use :p ).

Restaff and M+ are fair game.

You are most welcome to include completely custom resources, and they don't need to match anything else. :)

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
so we just make a random map? or s there a specific theme, well I get that the theme is "Incredible Journey" but what does that mean?

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Create a new and unique map of the place your project's characters would visit to take a break from their current adventure. Don't have a project yet? Our poor overworked RTP guys and gals would sure love a holiday!
It could be anything, from a market town to shop in, to deserted island, to ruins to explore and so on and so on. Get creative and have fun. :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Going to the beach and playing some poker.

A map I made for the rmw map thing. But totally applies here too!

Credits to celianna for the huts, star fish, small green rock and multicoloured things.

Credit to me for the floating log and wood.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
FOUR possible resource packs for the winner? Wow. Nice prizes! I'll carefully make one over the next few days :)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
possibility to win some free pack....hehe....but sadly i am not good at mapping ;_;'!

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sure, I'll enter this. 

Ain't nothin' VX heroes enjoy more than a cold one by the pool.

Credit:  Enterbrain and Momope (I believe).

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I can finally enter one of these! :D

Well, heroes  jobs are never done need to rest when they can, so they use the train to travel when they're tired.

Credit to Celianna

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, that's a huge train. Reminds me of one of the tourist boats in Norway.

I was trying to think of a non-cliche tropical island, but the submissions so far have given me some non-cliche ideas!

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mmmm, love me a good map making contest. Gives everyone a chance to see what you're working on and share it with everyone.

This is actually an area in a game I'm working on. The players are on the run from powers bigger and more powerful then them. Thanks to the team hacker, they can spend a couple of hours resting in a luxury apartment.

--Credits--

-Enterbrain for providing the resources an a awesome system for hosting them.

-Celianna for her beautiful Futuristic Tileset, which can be found here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/futuristic-tiles

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can I use RMXP?

If yes, should I crop the screenshot to satisfy the 17x13 size rule?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hernanvalles88