Not open for further replies.

Catzach

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a lot of things I'm having trouble with on both plugins but I'll try to keep it brief and simple:
I've been trying to incorporate Animated SV enemies into my game but I keep running into roadblocks every time I attempt to either fix or try something new.

Main Issue:

My enemy sprites are much bigger and use a completely different set of width and height; so I'm attempting to only use three animations (idle, hurt, dead) so I can later incorporate status effect animations. I heard that YED_SideviewBattlers did the trick very well but then I ran into this error (link). I realize that it's an index-related issue, which I can only assume it's referring to the sprite index involved in the SideviewBattlers plugin, but past that I don't know what else to do.

I feel silly for not knowing how this properly works. Am I misunderstanding what it actually meant? How do I properly set this up so I can use it? I keep scavenging old posts for similar issues but I'm completely stumped on what it meant since I haven't seen anybody have this exact issue. This index of undefined error only happens when I load into the battle.

Notes:
- If I turn off Sideview Battlers (but keep AnimatedSVEnemies turned on) in the plugin directory, it *animates* but it's mirrored, not properly aligned, and cuts off. Meanwhile vice versa, if I turn off AnimatedSVEnemies, the game shows the entire sprite sheet and it does nothing past that. I knew that my sprite sheet wasn't going to be perfectly aligned so I was going to fix it later; but no matter what I do to change the NoteTag commands for the width and height of the battler, it won't change. I've tried updating and saving the game before entering play-testing and nothing changes.

(The enemy testing graphic is 760x900 and the enemy itself is *meant to be* 190x150.)

- I setup SideviewBattlers below Yanfly's Core Engine, Battle Core, and AnimatedSVEnemies plugin as instructed but nothing really seems to change whatsoever. I also heard there were compatibility issues regarding AnimatedSVEnemies and SideviewBattlers but I wasn't sure if the issue was officially fixed or not.

- If you're confused with what I'm trying to accomplish, I'm trying to achieve something similar to OMORI's animated enemies, where they only have an idle, hurt, and dying animation + three unique status effect animations. I assumed it was the usage of AnimatedSVEnemies + SideviewBattlers plugin but now I'm not sure if it was an in-house plugin that they utilized.

(I've attached screenshots of the enemy testing graphic I used, the Notetag setup for the enemy, and the plugins I'm currently using.)

Attachments

• testingsphere.png
    testingsphere.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 1
  • notetagsetup.png
    notetagsetup.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
  • PluginSetup.png
    PluginSetup.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
  • index_undefined.png
    index_undefined.png
    61 KB · Views: 4
  • misalignedenemy.png
    misalignedenemy.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 4

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remmy