First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Indigo Action Battle System for RMMV

by Indigo Baby (Indsh)

YouTube video

About:
I have been using RPG maker to teach at risk youth how to make games, over this time I have been tweaking the core engine and making plugin's.

These changes are what I'm calling the Indigo Action Battle System and my game Kachina's Legacy will be the showcase.

Mechanics updated in feature list below

Download: Demo "Kachina's Legacy" Coming Soon, playable browser test below

Release Date: Aug-Sept 2019

Features:

Projectiles. PLAYABLE BROWSER DEMO

Melee attacks.

Bombs & programmable walking Bombs. PLAYABLE BOWSER DEMO

Infinite Storage. PLAYABLE BROWSER DEMO

Space & Mass.

Follower AI: part 1. PLAYABLE BROWSER DEMO

Animation Extra

Dynamic Parameters (Temperature)

Visual Crafting

After Image Dodge

Conditional Memory

Extra Currency (pseudo crpto+)

Thinking Tips

Follower Stance

Blinking. PLAYABLE BROWSER DEMO

Custume display info

Real-time Transformations

Farming

Real-time Summons

Team Placements

Working Instruments. PLAYABLE BROWSER DEMO

Item Remane

Journal

Dynamic Status Extra

Dynamic Weather Effects

Dynamic Game Overs

Real-time Weapon/Amour Effects

Action Battel Enemies

Last edited:

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Going to be following this closely

azlunvice

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey, I cannot wait for this system after I saw your video on YouTube.
Party defending the area is so important for a RTS game.
No longer the ABS system just still a story of hero killing enemies.
If the player can control the event, player can build an army in the game. Just like a king.
That will be so interesting.

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just for anyone who is still watching this thread, I am chugging away, I should finish the game by Christmas so will release when the dust settles in the new year.
It turned out to be a lot more than I expected so if anyones got questions over the next few days I will answer, if not I will stick my hand back in the sand and get on with things. Peace

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't remember if you already said this but will the whole actor team be fighting with you

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Selviam thanks for the question. As this game is made to test what I could make, the game currently has 3 modes which are all Action Battle Systems. The first is where the team just follows the leader as they battle, the second everyone is detached and you control the team by strategy commands and the 3rd is a mix of the 2 where team members can detach and battle or battle as they follow you, I could also make this controlled by stratrgic commands but I think I will make them AI where the settings are determind by how you used your team in the 2nd mode.

Does that answer you question?

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup and that sounds amazing!

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Few more weeks till finish, are there any aspects of the gameplay people have questions on?

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant wait till its done YAY

Ym7884nr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is awesome. Happy I found this thread and will definitely be following.

Nephareus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Indigo! You have what's shaping up so far to be a marvelous system! An ABS that can also allow party dynamics is what I had originally hoped for with the project I'm starting, so I may just work on level design and wait for your plugins to be finished. I will probably have loads of questions when it is done.

That said, I know you're looking for feedback. The only issue I noticed in your demos is, in the infinite storage demo, sometimes interacting with the storage box fails to bring up the menu and you have to interact several times to get it to show the menu.

I want to reiterate how amazing your system seems so far, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Nephareus thanks for your kind words, I'm happy people are being inspired. As for the storage boxs thanks for the feed back, thats actully to do with how the boxs open and close and show the bar on how full they are and not the storage plugin itself but I will have to go and sort that for sure!! Any more feed back welcome.

Bomb playable browser demo avilable

Nephareus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... the storage boxes may need a slight delay added or something, perhaps? That should be easy enough to event in as needed if nothing else.

Tested out the bomb demo. Looks good, and I like the programmable bombs. I did notice, however, that the regular bombs have no effect on the rocks at all if you throw them while facing upwards. Also, when throwing bombs facing downward, they explode rocks in a '+' shape (5 tiles) instead of a square (9 tiles). Right and left both explode rocks in the 9-tile square shape.

I did a further test with the programmable bombs. They can explode things that are positioned above them, and they automatically face right before explosion, so this might have something to do with the direction the bomb is facing when it explodes.

Nephareus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realise you're probably busy, but I'm curious what you use for mapping. What I'm really wondering is: is the IABS going to be compatible with things like parallax or TileD maps? Or will it be too dependent on things in the regular mapping system to work with those?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 9 things left on the to-do list before my game's next big update. Minus the soul-crushing playtesting session, of course! So close...
Retired from RPG Maker.
Anyone else who initially created a character to be a villain only to end up liking them so much that you made them a hero? :)
Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fontinele