Individual Party Member Inventory

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Asuras, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Look for a plug-in that would allow for each character (actor) to have their own inventory "bag". If anyone has played the Golden Sun/Golden Sun The Lost Age on the GBA. Those games have exactly what I want. 

How it will work is:

- Each character (actor) has a their own inventory bag which has a limited amount they can hold (allow for adjusting, lets say 20 slots. Certain items like potions stack per usal so they don't each take up more than one slot.

- When you pick up an item it goes to the first available bag. If character one's bag is full, it gets put in the next character with a open slot.

- Allow for items to be transferred between characters only outside of battle.

- An option to throw away items within menu outside of battle. 

- Items in a characters bag can only be used by the character holding the item during battle.

Must be compatible with all of  Yanfly's Item related Plug-ins

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  2. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Double post...opps

4. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Not quite what I envisioned. That plug-in contains two menu options. One for equipping items and one to use. I want something more seamless.and all under one item option. What I mean by seamless is. When you gain an item, it goes to the first available bag. If character one's bag is full, it gets goes into the next character's open bag.

The above plug-in. You gain and item and it goes into the usual inventory that the party share outside of battle. And you have to assign/equip the item before it can be used in battle. I want the items divided in and outside of battle.

5. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    with this plugin you can't use items that are not in individual bags during battles

6. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Either way, it requires you to equip the item. Which is not what I am looking for.

7. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Bump

8. D MAS

D MAS Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I want an answer to this as well. The equip system posted is similar to the ones in Kingdom Hearts and Suikoden, where there is a shared inventory that can be freely accessed out of battle, as opposed to character's being limited solely to their own inventories.

I might end up making my own plugin, since this was the only other thing I found: http://himeworks.com/2015/11/multiple-inventories/

I'll probably include it as a plugin option, but do you primarily want equipped stuff to take up slots (like Mother 2/Earthbound) or only unequipped items (Dragon Warrior, other Mother games)?

Warning: I am known to be a lazy sod, so don't ask for an ETA. I will not give you one. But I'll try to get on it ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @D MAS, please do not use the colors red or blue in your texts as those are reserved for moderator use

please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Since the OP has not been online for more than a month and several solutions were posted, I'm closing this. If the OP returns and still needs this, please report this topic to be reopened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.