Indrah plays IGMC2018 entries (Count:26)

Discussion in 'Maker Casual' started by Indrah, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FalseCitrine

FalseCitrine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whew, lots of stuff that needs to be fixed. Thanks for your feedback and advice, @Indrah and @Makio-Kuta.

Now, time to go get to work.

2. sephmon

sephmon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the playthrough! Definitely went over the video multiple times to work on the stuff you’ve said to improve on. will be working to polish the game more! Glad you enjoyed!

3. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would love it if you reviewed my demo: In League With The Devil

I will warn you that it is around 15 minutes long and pretty much all story. I made every new dev mistake it's possible to make: I spent a long time trying to make a cinematic opening, and failed even at that. I included a font whose format only works for Mac, even tho this is a Windows deployment (it makes the opening credits get cut off, but otherwise doesn't really affect anything). I had to skip an important sequence because I knew I wouldn't have time to event it, so that also meant that some early gameplay is missing (since you basically walk around exploring the house and stealing restorative items). I threw together a "dungeon" map and didn't really have time to figure out how it should look, so it's probably the ugliest thing I could have made. And I messed up on a bit of the gameplay that should have been there because I forgot to make the second page of the event have a switch condition, so most enemies don't even show up. If I had given myself time to test the deployment, I would have caught all these mistakes, but I ended up working on the game until the last minute and barely submitted it in time. (It would have been better if I'd just made a Mac deployment bc I had no way to test a Windows deployment until the weekend when I had access to a Windows computer.)

So, I'll leave it up to you if you want to review my game knowing all that, and understand if you don't. But I wanted to let you know so you aren't surprised if you do decide to review it.

4. MiracleJester

MiracleJester Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I was waiting for your next stream to express my frustration at not being able to watch it live XD. I always thought this would be a possibility, given your gaming preferences, so I am not too sad about you stopping the game in frustration. If anything, that means I need to make it more accessible. Thanks for giving it a chance and feedback!