RMMV Indrah's IGMC2017 Let's Plays and notes. 50 games and counting

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by Indrah, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Stranga

Stranga Stranga

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    It's all good man. The demo was actually a demo of a full game I'm making outside of the IGMC. I asked if I could submit the demo for the full game I'm making now. It wasn't really for the IGMC but the demo I made was started after the 4th and I didn't even know about the comp until the 21st. So there still is a full game of Knights of Gaia coming. If you or anyone's still interested that is.

2. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    git good

Thanks for checking it out! Just to let you know, you could've scorched the zombie to burn him out a lot faster but oh well...
    git good

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore Composer for Hire

First Language:
    English
    I got a WOOO! from Indrah!!! (dies happy) :D I definitely plan to have trickier puzzles in the full version of MOOP when I have time to design them better haha. Thank you so much!

4. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer

First Language:
    English
    I appreciate the feedback @Indrah !
    Much of what you pointed out comes from me not knowing enough about MV or its plug-ins. I literally never used MV even though I picked it up right when it came out. Beyond that, I never made anything with it until this contest, so this was a first for me. I see in some games that there must be a plug-in that allows you to see what a status effect is/does in the midst of combat - I have no clue which plug-in this is but I think it would have been immensely helpful. The rest, well, I blame on lack of time! :D

At any rate, I knew the second you were paired up with my game that it was not going to be a good match. It is definitely not the sort of game you gravitate towards, so I appreciate you being open-minded with it.

BlackswordGames likes this.
  5. watermark

watermark Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Indrah Thank you for the play through. But I must say that after looking at your play through our game is definitely not bugged, you just had a string of bad luck. XD Allow me to explain.

Pull = Steal

In other words, you are supposed to ‘steal’ the shards from the spirits, and you have a roughly 50% chance of success. And you can only steal one shard from each enemy (so you can’t spam steal). You do not get shards automatically for free. You didn’t successfully steal any shards when you played, and the one time you succeeded(musketeer), you died fighting the strongest enemy in that room. So that was what caused the confusion. Of course I understand it is entirely your call, but please give it another go given that understanding. Perhaps we do have battle balance and tutorial issues, but I think its somewhat unfair to say we are disqualified. Your input is important.

Plus, I am quite looking forward to hearing you make fun of Cleopatra and gang. XD

6. OzzyTheOne

OzzyTheOne Warper

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  7. Tao Oat

Tao Oat Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    chalkdust likes this.
  8. djbeardo

djbeardo Villager

First Language:
    English
    @Indrah Thanks for trying my game! It's too bad that it isn't your type of game, so I appreciate you giving it a shot.

9. richter_h

richter_h I heard someone stole a sweetroll...

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello there.
    A friend told me about this thread. Anyway, @Indrah would you like to give my and my friends' entry?
    It's a short horror-survival game. Feedback welcome; rip it or tear it as you like :kaojoy:

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191022

10. Nelderson

Nelderson Coding Bitch

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No stream today and maaaaybe one tomorrow. Unsure. I'll prob get some more on sat/sun.

@Kyuukon I'm pretty sure I was already using fire man. It's literally the only thing I had :/

@watermark Man thats...kind of still a problem. Stealing with low chances in an area where enemies do not respawn is an extremely bad deal, it's not a matter of luck it's pretty much part of a tutorial area where by all means i MUST get more stuff. Plus there was no real explanation ingame and I was lost as all get out. I may give it another try sometime but I can't really make any promises there, so much else on the list.

Added more games to the waiting list. There are 13 games there, HOW AM I GOING TO GRAB THE REALLY SHITTY-LOOKING GAMES TO PLAY LIKE THIS?! C'mon you people, bring some trainwreck of a game so I can have some fun shouting at it:kaolivid:

12. just1witness

just1witness Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    C'mon you people, bring some trainwreck of a game so I can have some fun shouting at it:kaolivid:

Oh LOLOLOLOLOL, I JUST started LP'ing games and I can already relate to this! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Gabrelik likes this.
  13. Allan Bays

Allan Bays Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  14. Gigglemoo

Gigglemoo Member Title

Fine, fine. This game isn't fun, enjoy ripping it apart as much as you like :)

https://gigglemoo.itch.io/depression50 - Depression Level 50.

I spent a whole 30 seconds on some of the maps!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  15. watermark

watermark Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Indrah Thanks for looking into this matter. :kaoluv:
    Get to it when you have the time. For now, if you could, can you at least change the rating to even a 0 NOPE instead of Disqualified? Because technically the game does not “Breaks the rules, crashes, doesn't carry the necessary files, etc.” The game functions as it should and you can reach the ending (believe me our team played through it umpteemth times.)

Come on Indrah! I’m totally fine with you raging and making fun of the game, but let’s not mislead the masses. :kaojoy:

I’m gonna go rage on your game now so we’re evenly matched on shouting volume. (Just messing with ya, from prior reviews of your game it looks a very solid entry.) This is gonna be fun.

And honestly, your observation was very helpful. In our next update the steal% will be increased to 100% for that room and the difficulty lowered.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  16. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I so should link you to my 2014 IGMC entry just so you can shout at all the dumb things I did back then. For example, I had a really low hit rate (prepare to miss...a ton), and a 90 x 90 house inside, just for starters.

17. TakeHomeTheCup

TakeHomeTheCup Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You must have been a different person back then.

18. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @TakeHomeTheCup : Let's just say that in the 2014 IGMC I had no idea how to use the engine yet, as I started using it 6 days into that contest. Lot's of dumb mistakes.

19. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's nice to see a list like this, as I've been so busy, and I won't get to play many games.
    (I know its not fair to only play those voted up already, but I'll probably also miss the deadline if I tried to pick games at random, given how little time I have this month)

20. Zelgadis85

Zelgadis85 IGMC 17 Entrant

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha, try my game. Although I won't consider it a trainwreck, it's pretty basic and will probably warrant a shout (or a laugh) or two. https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/185934