Indrah's Let's Play/Try (swearing and ranting ahoy)

Discussion in 'Maker Casual' started by Indrah, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Honestly I haven't really played many, but lesse...

Ib is my absolute, UTTER favorite. GO PLAY THE Frick OUT OF IT RIGHT NOW.

On closer devs, (completed games only here) Chain of Retribution, Castle Chase, Vagabond...there's probably lotsa stuff I'm forgetting but I'm not remembering now ><

But yeah, if you ahve not, PLAY IB. NO EXCUSES. HERE HAVE A FUCKIGN LINK: http://www.vgperson.com/games/ib.htm

AstoXx, Dalph and MyLordRobinson like this.
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    P.S. I didn't design Ill Will and only did the art and beta tested a very early version of it. If you're going to complain about Ill Will's mechanics then you should bring it to Chaos's attention. I believe that was stated in the game's credits as well.

Also, If your definition of trashing is ripping apart mechanics and suggestions of changing things and why -I- personally didn't like the game then asking an honest feedback from me is the last thing you want. Not complaining is worse as there's no way that anyone is going to improve. If you have issues with my work then I am willing to discuss reasonably to defend my game design choices and understand a POV of another person as to why they don't. If you have issues on how I approached the game then asking an associate or your associate acting as a White Knight didn't help, at all. Nor do I want to reply to his comment since he ignored the other issues I posted anyway.

also PS. I SAID your game has potential and has a promising premise. The problem it has is presentation issues.

But I don't want to derail Indrah's LP thread, but I'll have you know that Indrah is a lot more brutally honest than I am. That's why I posted that comment to warn her that she will have a possibly long argument with someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  3. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    eheheheheh <3<3<3<3<3

Starting unholy bashing in a few mins, come at your own risk XD

4. MyLordRobinson

MyLordRobinson Emperor of Carnelia Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My demo was awful.

5. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is that a "lolz" type coment or a "woe is me" type comment? XD Also you should watch the other LPs if yo feel down, you'll realize my swear level and snore level were nowhere as high.

But then again consider: I put IMMENSE weight on characters and their dialog, and this game didn't have much of that. While the writng style was fine there was no real characterisation or clear setting of the action. I'm very much biased to a certain style of game, so even if everythign else is peachy I'm not pleased until I have THAT. That does mean my taste is universal.

I'd...well I already said eveyrhtign pretyt much at the end of the video.

Also if you feel bad I challenge you to play my demo of Lafrenze. I fricking CHALLENGE YOU >V

(Someone asked so here's the link if you're interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ebs8yeq5rhntse9/LAFRENZE_%5BDEMO%5D.exe

I think it needs the VX (not Ace!) RTP, I don't really know XD This sheep be so old).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  6. Arin

Arin Tonight...we dine...in-oh a piece of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's not awful. It just needs...polish. There's a lot of things that need to be cleaned up, presented better, etc. It's not the end of the world, dude. xD

7. AstoXx

AstoXx Subconscious Punmaster Member

First Language:
    Logic
    dayum, Ib. One of my favourite games and one of the games that got me into taking RM serious and not just using it to mess around. All those fond memories...

Anywho, can't wait for the next stream, Indrah. Keep up the excellent work. I usually try to view anyone's stream on here when I can but life conspires to make me miss more than I'd like.

8. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

Hey, if you feel like giving Halloween Bash a try at some point, that would be cool. I know you watched when Fomar was playing some of the contest entries, so I understand if you don't want to play it if you've already seen it.

Also yay Castle Chase.

9. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here, look at this it may help you get started.http://letsplay.wikia.com/wiki/LP_guide_for_newbies

Invest to a new headset with a non fixed mic or one where the recording happens from the headphones themselves. It's a small investment but the mic is the let's players most important tool.

What kind of a recording software you use?

I know it's not easy, I am from Finland and have huge problems with my accent too. However, this video helped me a lot.

- Open your mouth bigger than usually, as if going by extremes when you pronounce things. This makes everything picked by your mic much more audible.

- Imagine you're having a speech when you're recording and try and mimic a style you'd use for making a speech.

The reason I tell you this is because I lover your Spanish accent. I always have had a thing for Spanish ladies and you sound very lovely. As someone who's mother language is not English either, I understand why it can be hard to make your english speech understandable by US or English. But trust me, it is even harder for those who have it as second or third language as they also have to translate that what they hear to their own language in their mind.

If you are having a lot of troubles and can't find help in your audio, adding subtitle option via the Youtube may be good option.

It is from my own experience as well as looking around everywhere. Long videos not only get far less views, they also take longer to load and "cutting and dropping out" is not as simple to some as it may be for you. You do not want to inconvenience your audience.

I apologize, I have no idea what you're talking about. Sonata or Jack or any of the let's players of my games, I've never had any problems with anyone, not even this guy who pretty much told me I should be killed so I wouldn't make more games like that.

I respect your opinion but I would like to know what game of mine you're refering to. I have many sorts of games so if you don't like a particular style, I am sure another game would be more fitting to your tastes. Please tell me what is it that is not of your taste and I may provide you something that is. :)

You don't need to become the best LP'er in the world but that does not change the fact you need to do some improvments to even get into the medicore zone. 

10. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Halloween Bash was cute. I gots a gift too. Win/win ;A; *cuddles her Athos*

[​IMG]

Any suggestions about tomorrow's stream? If nothing else comes up I'll go on with Violent Whispers at 11pm (gmt+1) as usual '3'

@MrBigT: I already stated I'm not interested into putting that much work on energy on these LPs. I do them just for fun, they are not my first or even second priority activity-wise. I will do what I can, but I'm not going to worry too much about it. If people like the videos, awesome. If there's no interest, I'll simply stop.

11. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

We got fan art during the stream too and a great laugh throughout! All in all, it was a very win-win situation for everyone. : )

12. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gotta say, from listening to your Halloween Bash video, you sound an GREAT DEAL like Archeia.  If you have the DS+ Pack and watch the tutorials, then listen to Indra...it's uncanny!  I don't mean this in a bad way though.  You two could be sisters...but with different accents. lol

By the way, great videos.  Keep them up!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  13. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just go with it, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Indrah is the dark side of Archeia, as much as I'm the dark side of Ralph.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    Bukarett and Susan like this.
  14. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I like.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  15. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welp, today in the end it was impossible to play Violent Whispers (glitches woops) so we'll be playign dat tomorrow. Instead we played the World of Shidel, which was better than I expected~

Also I'm loling at the whole dark Nessy thing. Are you SURE I'm the DARK version? She's the one who's cruel and sadistic with gameplay and loves tragedy! XD I'm a total softie by compraison! (I'm just a cute and swear a lot...)

16. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    She's right, you guys got it all wrong. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  17. Arin

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Goddarn work + dinner combo prevented me from seeing the stream...

18. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's already up on youtube if you're curious XD (The world of Shidel part1)

19. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I was gonna say...are you sure you guys don't have that backwards?  I mean, I know how Archeia is and...well, she's the dark one, which really suits her. :guffaw:

Regardless, as I said before, great work! :thumbsup-right:

20. Arin

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I always found Archeia pretty sweet, to be honest... o_O

I did have a few issues with the overall volume of the last YT video. I had to turn up my volume all the way and at times still couldn't hear what you were saying. But the game made me laugh. It was quite comical and really does an excellent job of making a game with the limited amount of assets available.

Sorry, that's me rambling. xD