Indrah's Let's Play/Try (swearing and ranting ahoy)

Discussion in 'Maker Casual' started by Indrah, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    GRR dat dayum volume control. It's also soft to me, but people on the livestream insisted it was fine.

You drive me crazy, fuckign recording >V

2. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What? Archeia is the dark side of Indrah? Ok...now I'm officially scared... o_O

@Indrah:

Have you ever played You are not the Hero? It's a demo but a very promising one.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Bukarett and Susan like this.
  3. Arin

Arin Tonight...we dine...in-oh a piece of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Meep! never mind it's fine you're a beautiful goddess Indrah I love you don't kill me.

;w;

4. JacobM

JacobM Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Omg... you played my game! Besides you finding it rather boring and not your type of game I have to say I loved the input! Thanks! I had no idea you had played it... though I wish I had been on your stream to witness it. Some of the things you pointed out have been said before and I've been working on the game a lot to improve some of those aspects. I would love for you to try it again closer to final release maybe? (That is a loooong way off!)

I enjoy any feedback I can get since this is my first project!

Btw... the names you chose were hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  5. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What, you mean you actually took my bitchign and moaning...like criticism...? And...and actually didn't get butthurt over it?

...Well, frick (yes, frick, because fu*k keeps getting censored damnit!). I'm stumped. I will have to change my tactics now.

Joking aside, glad it was of some use to you. I have no problem with playing it again if the final product is different enough from the demo. It may be on a low priority on the game list I guess. As long as you don't midn me ripping it as I feel like, as usual XD

Arin and JacobM like this.
  6. JacobM

JacobM Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Of course I don't mind! Not everyone has the same opinions about everything... Life would be dull otherwise. Plus, I like the blatant (even if it's somewhat harsh) honesty you exert! I have the desire to improve myself as a game developer and every little bit helps. I hope you'll one day get around to playing the final product! Even if you're 80 when I do actually finish it... XD

Arin likes this.
  7. Arin

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh dear......that Violent Whispers game....

I think "Violent" is the understatement of the year...

8. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Woah, I think we cleared ou the suggestion list so far.  Anyoen got something for tomorrow? Or shoudl we continue Zendir2 or World of Shidel?

9. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's not a complete disaster, I played a lot of RM games so I know what I'm talking about, for a first game in fact it's decent and certainly above average. He will fix those annoying issues, just give him time.

Wine e Roses

Legionwood 1-2

Tales of the Drunken Paladin (The dialogues on this one are hilarious)

Lunar Wish: Orbs of Fate

Archeia's games (but I think you've already played them)

----

Some of these are for VX.

Bukarett and Susan like this.
  10. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I alrerady played WIne and Roses to completion, so I'll pass on that. It's all comabt too and so farthoe are the msot borign parts for me (LP-wise, since I don'0t have as much to say).

Played some Drunken Paladin ages ago. Not quite my thing, but if nothign else comes up, maybe.

Legionwood and Lunar Wish: all i know from second hand comments is that theyre boring stories :v

We shall see. Any more input on this?

11. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ops, I forgot these:

Reincarnation -Dawn of War-

Hero: The Princess Pursuit (Action Rpg)

The Legend of Jak

Pirate Rush (by Galv)

Susan likes this.
  12. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Not to add a blunt reply to your criticism.. but how much did you actually see about Vincents condition? I plan to flesh it out a lot more at the start of the game, but still I want it to evolve during the storyline. So, maybe you didn't see any of the 'Violent' Whispers that his condition can cause yet, doesn't mean that they are not part of the storyline. In any case I respect your opinion :)

And @Indrah,

I really appreciate your feedback, and for trying out my game! There are a lot of stuff that I can work with now after hearing your opinions on the details (which frustrated you the most I would say xD) I do agree on most things that you talked about in the stream, first of I'm not really sure what was up with all the fonts (The textbars having a different one, the battles another one and then even another one on the item pop ups. That's not how It's supposed to be like, when I playtest there's one font, and one only.

I also agree that the battle system is very shallow so far (and It's even worse since Vincent is solo for the whole first dungeon). This is something that I'm aware off and I'm planning to add another character that will join Vincent in the UC grounds, along with a more fleshed out battle system. However you stoped playing just before you get the second main character so far.

I think however that your playstyle is a bit shocking too, you didn't read much of the story (then you would know more about Vincent's condition), you didn't read the items descriptions (then you would know that the poison can be cured from Healing herbs). I'm not saying that you would have enjoyed it more, and maybe you just didn't care about the game in the first place. But it felt a bit like you threw out stuff to complain about, when it was all about lack of awareness from your side. I'm not sure if this is how you play games in general or just on RM games and on a livestream. Like I said It's a bit shocking for me, but it would be insanely fun to watch you play Gears of War 3 in Multiplayer! Ragefest deluxe hahaha! > :)

I don't want it to sound like I'm "Butthurt" xD. I'm not, I promise. It's just that I had to share my opinion about that side of the LP, otherwise I think you have a lot of good points, and I do know that the game needs a lot of polish (The main reason why It's still in Beta). I'm sorry that you didn't like it, and I hope that you don't feel like I have wasted your time xD

Thanks a lot for the Let's Play, and I'll keep everything you said in mind!

Looking forward to the next LP!

Take care!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    MyLordRobinson likes this.
  13. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dark: About the reading thing: It's true, but I find it happens to most LPers in general. When you are focused on TRYING (emphasis on tryign because I ain't a comedian, let's be honest XD) on entertaining an audience and keep talking, reading (and reading new content and processing it instead of jsut readint it aloud) basically means silence (and the nagging feeling you're beign borign so keep talking damnit!)

Sure, if I had been playing the game on my own I would have probably paid more attention and the experience would be different, but that's always gonna happen when you multitask (aka play and talk at the same time).

But! XD In my defense, when the story failed to grip me form the get go, I didn't feel very interested anwyay :v Then again, I am really specific and weird (in some people's eyes) about writing and story/characters in general, so take my words on THOSE aspects with some context XD (meanign don't trust my bellyaching abpout writing and story point blank)

Then again, I'm pretty new to Livestreaming and Lps in general. Who knows, maybe I'll strike a balance between attention and commenting...maybe...we can but hope...but srsly don't hope too much that sheep be hard...

Yeah I jsut wanna say: youre totally rightabout the reading thign and I don't take it as you beign defensive. The attnetion thign is jsut somethign that's gonna happen :x If I actually were to focus on reading at my own pace the LPs would be mostly silent, and no one wants that XD

THERE I DEFENDED MSYELF I'M A GREAT LPER SHUT UP IM NOT DUMB ><

(yes I am this ain't fooling anyone...XD)

Dark_Metamorphosis likes this.
  14. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    @Indrah

That's totally true (One of the main reason I asked 'I don't know if you play like this when you are not doing an LP?'), and clearly that's not the case :)

I have never done an LP myself, so I don't have any experience with it so I can't tell what It's like at all. I guess that's why it seemed a bit shocking in my eyes, but it was certainly because my lack of knowledge in that area.

I do think that my writing is not the worst abomination that exists in this world xD but I can see why people would get 'turned off' by Hunk and the way he is presented, I know people that think he is a nice addition and then people that thinks like you. I would also lie if I didn't say that It's a lot of room for improvements on the writing part, and to give the characters more personality even at the get-go.

No, you are right and It's just my lack of experience when it comes to doing a LP in the first place. I didn't mean to sound like 'You are a bad LPer!!!' because I really enjoy them (getting addicted even), and even if you are very new to it I think you are doing a nice job so far. I just had to ask you about that part, and see if it was only the lack of interest in my game and if you play like that when you are not streaming.

Glad that you didn't take it as me being defensive, even though I think that I have done a fairly decent job with my very first game (That's not illegal I think ;) ) But It's not like I'm gonna rage and tell you how very wrong you are with your opinion, if you get my point :D

Once again, looking forward to the next LP!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
    Arin likes this.
  15. Arin

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It feels good that the both of you can argue both cases and that you can calmly and realistically reach a consensus about providing proper feedback for a game as well as refute both points. I've never seen such calmness; every argument I see always ends up with one person flaming the other, so good work.

Might I suggest Shadows of Odessia? It's actually a fairly....decent...game in my eyes. It's only about three hours long so you can split it up into like three or four parts.

16. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Link? I'm lazy and I dont actually remember seeing it :X

17. Arin

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  18. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    May I suggest this one?:

Phantom Legacy (Redux)

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5443/

It's done with Rm2k3 but I've heard from a lot of people that it's awesome (still never played it personally).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
    Susan likes this.
  19. Arin

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  20. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well I guess that settles today's LP choice >C I suggest getting some thick skin and extra padding for the brain, Arin. I aint gonna be pulling punches XD