Infamous White Screen Upon Launching RPG Maker MV (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've scoured the forums and internet for a solution to help but I'm about to give up right now...I've been using RPG Maker MV just fine the past week and after I installed a new motherboard, RAM, and a cpu, RPG maker refuses to launch. I just get a white screen for a moment upon launching then 2 seconds later I get a "RPG Maker MV has stopped working" and it forces me to close.

I've already made sure all my drivers are up to date for my motherboard and graphics card. I've used the manufacturer's website to update everything. Here are my specs. I am using Windows 10. I do not have any anti virus programs in the background preventing me from opening RPG Maker MV and it is whitelisted in my Windows Defender Firewall.

UPDATE: Literally fixed this like 5 mins after posting this lmao (after 2 straight days of banging my head on the wall). Going to leave the solution here for all you poor souls who suffered from this annoying bug. Like I said, all drivers are up to date so do that first before attempting what I did. I don't know if this is recommended but this is what I did: I deleted the opengl32.dll from my RPG Maker MV directory because I noticed it's modified date didn't match up with anything else in the folder (from 2015!!). I have for the past few days tried uninstalling RPG Maker MV and Reinstalling several times and I noticed the opengl32 file remained unchanged in the date so I deleted all RPG Maker files completely from my computer first, then uninstalled using the Steam App. Then reinstalled RPG Maker MV and now it works for some reason. Cheers!

Attachments

• asddsa.png
    asddsa.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steam App.
steam has the quirk that about one or two times a year (depending on how you use it) the steam download cache gets damaged.
as soon as that happens, all regular ways to repair or reinstall any steam game will fail without an error message - steam then pretends to have done the operation even if the files are not changed.

to solve this you either need to clear the steam cache or manually delete the damaged files for steam to recognize something is wrong.
clearing the cache and then restarting the computer before trying to repair the programs again is the usual solution, especially if you have no idea which files got damaged.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@moldy
If your query is fully resolved, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods might not see a post, or a change in the topic title, but they will see a Report.

However as I'm here...

[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/
Boss #1 - All 3 phases.
w5fSXys.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_code