TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, so this is a pretty open-ended question but I was wondering if anyone had experimented with or was aware of any plugins that cause (or create the illusion of, whatever) AI monsters in the troop "in-fighting" one another, like belonging to two or more "factions" (the actual plugin doesn't need the concept of factions, that's just my own wording) that are fighting each other (as well as the player/party). Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this kind of question it really seemed like a toss up.

It has occurred to me that figuring out how to "fake this" through eventing with states and troop event condition pages and whatnot might be most of the fun to this idea but I figured it couldn't hurt anything to ask.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no need for a plugin, and not even much of a need for troop events depending on what you want to do.

simply give the "enemy" skills that damage allies.

you'll only need troop events and force action if you want to have multiple enemies on each side because of the targeting limitation on "allies".

If for example you want to place a random beehive attacking everyone in the troop, give the hive a skill "bee attack" that does damage element = bee, have the hive be immune to bee element damage and roll out.
if you want a truly random attack, give it two skills "bee attack" with the same rating and exactly the same messages, but one targeting enemies and one allies. the computer will randomly select which skill to use (thereby which side to attack) and then use regular targeting rules depending on the skill

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
interesting stuff, I'm still not sure what I'm doing this but if I do decide to experiment w/ it and achieve some interesting stuff I'll try and report back here

(also did this get moved and then get moved *back* to where I first posted it?)

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you made any progress please make sure to share it. I am thinking about something similar, but i find it difficult to have a clear way to position the "factions" in a devent way on the sv battle screen.

After all 2 enemy factions won't march to battle together and then simply stand right next to each other.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.
Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reaper73