Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
itbanbig.png
Update 4/8/16: The demo is FINALLY available! I've got the first ten levels of the dungeon available, as well as a few quests. Don't get too bored. The full release will have a couple more areas to explore for your hub town, and also 40 more floors to battle through. Also, look forward to item crafting and several minigames in the final release. Let me know if you run into any problems, or if you just have some constructive criticism. Also, a lot of the graphics will be updated at some point, so don't judge the crappier stuff. Or, if you feel like doing some free sprite work, I will worship you. I suck at pixel art.

Get the DEMO here

And the help txt here
I've been waiting a long time to do this reveal. I've been working on this game on and off in my free time for around two years now. It's my sweet little baby, so I've been reluctant to come out with any info so far. I'm no where near completed, but I feel like I've finally made enough progress to show you lovely people what I'm working toward. When taking a look at the screenshots or video, please keep in mind, that I'm still using a lot of temporary graphics. Not to mention, all the countless bugs that I've yet to stomp. So, don't assume I'm just terrible at this. I just have a lot of graphics to make and touch up still! I don't have a lot to post right now, but I hope to have more info up here soon! Oh, and any constructive criticism or suggestions are always welcome. ...Just be kind. *whimpers*

Summary:
Four hundred years ago, Cherl Blackhand and his crew discovered a remote island with a tower in it's center. To this day, no one has made it to it's top. Embark on an exciting journey to the top of the Infinity Tower, as Lydia Burns, an up-and-coming adventurer. Grind your way through the seemingly endless dungeon, where plenty of monsters, loot, and unique characters are waiting to be discovered. If you play your cards right, you may even develop a new romance with one of the island's inhabitants!

Gameplay:
A roguelike-like adventure RPG. I know that's a mouthful, but imagine Azure Dreams or Chocobo's Dungeon, but with free roam, hack n' slash combat. You'll have options such as exploration, puzzle solving, level grinding, building social connections, mini games, and plenty of side quests.

Features:
I'm using the XAS ABS for this game. If you're not familiar, it basically allows for old-school Zelda-like gameplay. I won't even bother listing all of the customization scripts I'm using here, but I've borrowed quite a few from Himeworks and Yanfly. Not to mention the oodles of game art, which I can mostly thank Celianna, Mack, and Lunarea for. Just, expect this to be a little different from your typical RPGM game. Oh, and the most important feature (to me) is that you can pursue multiple romance stories throughout the game! Unfortunately for some of you, the main character is set in stone (female), but I've got four potential lovers in the game, and though two are male, there will also be two lovely ladies you can woo. ;D

Characters:

Lydia-1.pngLydia Burns:
Raised by her adventurer father, she's traveled to a lot of different lands, and met some interesting people along the way. However, despite her exciting lifestyle, she never forgot the visit she made to Endless Isle as a young girl. Now that she's finally old enough to be allowed an adventurers license and entry to the tower, she's come back to see what fate awaits her within.

Bruce-1.pngBruce Haddock:
Coming from a long line of Endless Isle guards, it was a no-brainer for Bruce when it came time for him to choose his career. He enjoys guarding the tower entrance. Helping new explorers find their feet is very rewarding to him. On his off days, he likes to go into the tower himself. The challenge of the higher floors really gets him going.

Mint.pngMint Julep:
Not as sweet as her name would lead you to believe. From a young age, Mint was intrigued by the world of alchemy. Using the plants her mother grows, as well as items found in the tower, she has concocted many ingenious creations. She has little patience for anyone or anything that doesn't directly aid in her research.

Sebastion-1.pngSebastion Gateau:

A stuck up, over-confident sorcerer who explores the tower for kicks. He was raised by a wealthy family, and because of that, he considers himself to have lead a boring life. He enjoys antagonizing Lydia for his own amusement. His main objective for facing the dungeon is to improve hi sown skills with magic. What he intends to use these skills for is unknown.

Naomi.pngNaomi Onigiri:

The strong silent type to the T. She has made it up to higher floors in the Infinity Tower than any other explorers to date. Many believe she'll be the one to finally make it to the top. Never one to boast about her accomplishments, or really talk about anything at all, Naomi remains a mystery to most.

Screenshots:

Dungeon:
7.png8.png9.pngfighting2.png

Menus:
har.pnginventory.pngquestboard.png

Dialogue:
2.png4.png5.png6.png10.pngkscorchio.png

Other:
school.png3.png1.png

Videos:

Last edited:

AceTheMad

Village Madman but Upgraded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Leans on scythe* I am officially hooked. I'll be waiting.

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two new character profiles!  Full profiles in the first post!

Sebastion-1.pngNaomi.png

Rutibex

Villager
Reaction score
This is an awesome looking game, I love rogue-likes :D

What Plug-in are you using for the map generator, if you don't mind my asking?

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an awesome looking game, I love rogue-likes :D

What Plug-in are you using for the map generator, if you don't mind my asking?

Thank you!  I'm glad to hear that.  I'm using a basic KMS minimap that was translated by Mr.Bubble.  You can find it here.

ash55

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks cool.  :D  More action-oriented mechanics. And it's a subtle thing but I like how each character has their own colourscheme, that sort of thing works really well in games especially.

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks cool.  :D  More action-oriented mechanics. And it's a subtle thing but I like how each character has their own colourscheme, that sort of thing works really well in games especially.

Thanks! I tend to subconsciously assign colors to characters as I develop their personalities, so it just felt right. :D

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a lot of time to kill yesterday, and ended up doing some doodles of Lydia.  Thought I'd share.

lydiaganbatte.png

'lydiadaggers.png

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like the look of this game and find Lydia to be really cute xD
your doodles are adorable and can't wait to hear more about this ^_^

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the look of this game and find Lydia to be really cute xD
your doodles are adorable and can't wait to hear more about this ^_^

Thank you!  I hope to have more to share soon!

Nice draws ! About the intro... it's very long D:

Thanks.  Haha, yeah.  I decided to cut it from the game, since it's a little too drawn out and boring.  I think I'll split up the story into books you can choose whether or not to read in game.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Where is the demo? I can't see a download link but keep seeing people have played it >_<

Last edited by a moderator:

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had a problem with typing so I sent it twice sorry for the double post I currently have problems with my head so I ended up doing it twice

shall try hard not to again

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.
After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muhari