♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

PREMISE

In the Kingdom of Faehren Cein returns to Dedlea, after successfully obtaining the Dusk Bloom from the top of Mt. Marian. Something is amiss however; he is missing his commanding officer and the rest of the Helios Brigade he had gone on the mission with. However, King Hildran doesn’t care; the Dusk Bloom is now in his possession and that’s all that matters. However, Lind and Garrus, the two Helios Brigade knights that stayed behind, have seen a drastic change in Cein; his left eye, once a bright blue, has changed to a bright green. He walks as if in a daze and refuses to speak about what happened. When Cein’s change begins to affect their missions, Lind and Garrus decide they must get to the bottom of this.

Infinity is a traditional RPG made with RPG Maker VXAce. With this project, I strive to be a whole lot simpler than Star Stealing Prince, so you'll be seeing a lot of content that is already pre-made such as sprites and facesets (though still heavily edited). If any of you have a problem with that, please don't let me know about it because I simply don't care; my goal is simplicity and I'm sticking to that (well... as simple as I can get)! In any case, this is my "fiddle around with the maker" project, but don't let that deter you from checking it out. I've been working very hard on it and I hope it shows.

CHARACTERS

Lind Cross

| 23 | 5'3 | Order Knight |

She moved to the Kingdom of Faehren when she was twelve as her father had been pulled in to work on overseeing magical projects for the kingdom. A year after moving, she enrolled in the Knight academy because people worried about the loyalties of her family and she wanted to prove them wrong. After graduating at seventeen, she was incorporated into the Helios Brigade where she met Garrus, Maera, and Cein.

Cein Dove

| 25 | 5'7 | Rune Knight |

He’s lived in the Kingdom of Faehren since before he can remember and was raised by his grandparents. When he was eleven, he caused a lot of trouble in the kingdom and was enrolled in the Knight Academy to shape up (or get exiled). He did just that and graduated at the top of his class at seventeen. He used to be in the Selene Brigade but after proving that he had seriously changed, the King and Queen moved him to the Helios Brigade at age twenty.

Garrus Rhodes

| 29 | 6'0 | Guardian Knight |

All his life, he wanted to be a strong Knight to protect the innocent. He achieved just that and is one of the most respected knights in the Kingdom of Faehren. At age twenty-three, he was arranged to marry his battle partner, Maera, because the Queen believed they would make exceptional children. While neither really liked the arrangement, they made it work out. He had a brief stint as general of the Helios Brigade, but stepped down from that position when Maera became pregnant with their daughter, Nietre.

Screenshots

(subject to change)

Downloads

Check back this spot in the near future! I am terrible with dates, but I should have a demo ready soon!

Credits

(subject to change)

Story & Game DesignRonove

Graphics

Enterbrain

Celianna

Lunarea

Amaranth Games

Joy

Euphony

Ronove

Ayene

Mack @ http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/

Ying

Relay Point (Vibrato)

neko.moo @ http://neko.moo.jp/BS/

Kaze-Hime @ http://kaze-hime.deviantart.com/

Whitecat

Music & Sounds

Hirokazu Akiyama @ http://www.hmix.net/

Schwarzen Kreuz

OLD WOODS HUT

Ficusel.com

Yusaku Kishigami @ http://www.presence-of-music.com/

Napi @ http://mart.kitunebi.com/index.html

Programming

Diedrupo

Rhyme

Yanfly

Mithran

FenixFyreX

Racheal

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hahaha I should have figured you'd yoink the second post spot. There goes plans for having a post for updates right next to the main post. :p

Poor Cein never asked for his heterochromia! He doesn't even know it happened until Lind's all "wtf is wrong with your eye".

Emzie

ಠ_ಠ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
That Cein Dove guy,confusing my mind because of her eye color

/me punch himself

and this is just a awesome game,i'm gonna look forward in it

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That Cein Dove guy,confusing my mind because of her eye color
@Emzie: Cein's a guy! I'm sure he feels pretty emasculated though from being called "her". Glad to hear you're looking forward to it! :D Here's hoping I can get something out soon.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Aww, everything looks so gorgeous! The little story at the beginning reminds me of a religious text. I can't wait to see where you're going with this project. :3

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love charaters with heterochromia. It's so cool to see a different eye color, or it makes them look badass (Ex. Ragna The Bloodedge) Or cute/beautiful (Ex. Yuna)

Emzie

ಠ_ಠ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
@Emzie: Cein's a guy! I'm sure he feels pretty emasculated though from being called "her". Glad to hear you're looking forward to it! :D Here's hoping I can get something out soon.
nah confusion XD

Emmych

forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
Hurrah, it's up!

*hustles her buns to add the banner to her sig*

TengHu

Abscond Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
What a lovely game. This reminds me that I never got a chance to finish Star Stealing Prince.

Incredible work as usual, Ronove.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Ah, I another Ronnie game! I too, love chars with heterochromia *wink, wink*. Going to dump this in my sig right away. Like everyone here, eagerly

anticipating a demo. Are you going to get it up at RMN as well? :)

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lunarea: Thank you! Glad you think so. If the writing came across as a religious text, that was entirely the point! So yay~ It worked correctly.

@Kaiserkami: I always find them interesting too. I haven't met a person with heterochromia yet (well, I've known people with center heterochromia, but not full two eyes different colors).

@Emmch: YAY I'VE BEEN SIGGED.

@rgangsta: Thank you! :)

@Luchino: Unfortunately, Cein doesn't have hair long enough to hide his odd-ball eye. :p I'm not going to put it on RMN until I have a demo more ready to go. I just post here more often and wanted to show off what I was working on.

And guys, stop rating my thread please. I don't even have a DEMO out yet so I have no idea what you're rating my thread on. I know my topic's pretty, but I think you should hold of rating until I get a demo out! I just want you to cut it out cause there's no point to doing that yet haha.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice. The spider cave is looking even more awesome than the last time I saw a screenie of it. Although the path area in the lower left looks too dark; the plants and bits of web are like illuminated against the ground, so I would consider darkening them to help them blend in with the ground and walls. I'm assuming the characters have a lantern like in SSP, so the level of darkness isn't the problem, just the matching between different tiles. Otherwise I think everything looks great!

Also, get out of here Maera, Garrus is all mine you ho. Mwahaha~

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Euphony: Well lucky for you the light follows the player so when you go to the left part of the map, it gets illuminated because of your lantern! :D But there's no way to miss this lantern, it's just for aesthetics sake and making the moooood~.

I'm still trying to figure out a good medium between the web stuff being bright against the walls. I kind of like it being bright because it's such a contrast (maybe even going so far as to say the spiders shouldn't be there, so it looking off is a good thing because of that (I should stop thinking like that, it's really hard to convey those thoughts...), but if it really is too distracting beyond an aesthetic, I think I'll fiddle with it some more.

Thanks for your thoughts! X3

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dunno why I haven't taken a look at the thread here yet, everything's looking spiffy. I like the spider cave too, I just recently redid my own one on Blood Shard and checked here to realise that we have a similar way of mapping things xD

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I hope you don't mind me five-starring this thread, as 7 others have already done so :p looking forward to seeing more of this potential gem :)

kingmakerspider

That little devil...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
looks pretty good! I hope to see more mapping screenshots though! I'm now gonna sport this in my support sig.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Locked because of OP's request. PM me if you want it reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backdrop_Finisher