Information Book Plugin

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi everyone!

I am currently searching for a Information Book Plugin for RPG Maker MV but I didn't find one that fits my needs 100%.

Want I need is a plugin that does something like this:

●Gives the ability to add informations you get while playing and review it later
-> E.G. Player learns about a plant called "Tree" -> Player "gets" the information -> Player forgets what a "tree" is and can look it up

●Adds a scene (callable via plugin command) were the player can look up all information he has

●Different info "categories"
-> "plants", "people" , "places", etc... if possible it would be nice if I could add more categories if i realize i need more.
● Being able to change information/ add more detail to an info after , for example, learning more about it

That are the four most important things.
Some other thinks that would be nice:

●Ability to check if a player possess a certain information
●Being able to add images to the information ( Just a small one)
●Using icons in the category names to make navigation easier
● Deleting information

I hope someone knows a plugin that could help me, the only one I found so far is Rem Dictionary https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rem-dictionary-version-1-01.69229/
but it is missing categories so I cant use it...

If you have any question just ask!
Please help ><

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang, that plugin is pretty old. I think it needs an update.
I think to make life easier, I can make a new scene that has category capabilities, over the original one.
And then, we can have icons and such. Then you could just have a category text file or something to separate things into categories. And, that way it would be easier to add text code support for category names.

Deleting information wouldn't be possible, but it would be possible to hide it from the player forever. Hahaha. It'll be a lot easier to expand on the system if I increase the number of code support in a text file.

Tl;dr it's all possible.

Of course, this would only work for embedded systems of RPGMaker MV right now. (Don't think it will work on mobile right now cause it uses nodeJS)

ItzTerry

Magician of Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like something like this as well!

EDIT: This can be roughly done with an item and a common event!

Have a common event that allows the player to choose a certain category. If you select one, it will display text. Now make it so that there is an item that will display this common event if used!

Last edited:

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Kino that would be super awesome!!!
Thanks a lot for your answer! (On an unrelated note, the word answering looks weird as hell, but is correct English o-o)

@ItzTerry Tl;dr Using Events and items to make what i need happen is possible, but impractical.

Thats more or less how I am doing it at the moment. I am giving each information a hidden Item and if the player gets the information i am adding it to the inventory. That way I can check if the player has the item, and making an evented menu is possible too ( but alot of work).
However since I want to add more information to each... information than the item description allows i need to add images for each info and that would make my file size even bigger than it already is.
It also makes editing the information later on complicated as you'd need to make a separate item for each change of one info, e.g. "Tree1" "Tree2" "Tree3" and every possible combination of wich "Update" of that information you get.

To show you want I mean with images, here is one "page" I finished.

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Iliketea I actually started working on this and I already added the categories and such. You can see it here:
Needs to be fine tuned now.

jobar

WonderLang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! I am greatly in need for this too. Having categories will make for an easier navigation!

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Iliketea I added the categories and white listing now and you can check it out on my website. You can even add descriptions to your categories

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Wow, thank you very much!
I will check it out right away!

KravenarGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does this support NPCs never met before in the list?

Last edited:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Should work for your purposes. This doesn't do anything for a people book. You have to manage the people yourself via whitelists, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xafir