rodrpisuno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is weird, but.... I wonder if I can do this....
When a class levels up, I want so that when the actor changes class, he gets his stats slightly higher than if he didn't level up in the class.

Example:
A warrior:
HP:300
MP:20
STR:30
MAG:5

A warrior that leveled up as mage:
HP:300
MP:24
STR:30
MAG:8

A warrior that leveled up as a mage further:
HP:310
MP:35
STR:32
MAG:13

If anyone has any idea, please say!

P.S: These stats are just an example!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are wanting to know how to actually implement this, it needs to be moved to MV Support. Game Mechanics is to discuss general ideas and theories of them, not how to get them working. Just let me know if I am misreading what you are asking.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Depends on how you want to handle class changes. If a character changes back to their original class, do they keep the level they had before?

I think the Dragon Quest games managed this in 3 and 9 fairly well.

In 3 every time you changed classes, your current stats were divided by 2 and you started at level 1 in the class, even if you had been that class before in the past. that way you could grind a class, reclass, and have higher starting stats, influenced by what class you were previously.

In 9, when you change classes you pick back up at the same level you were in that class before. In the skill line unique to the class though, there were stat bonus passive skills. for instance, a warrior with 40 points in Courage (the warrior unique skill line) they would get 2 passive stat boost skills: Strength +10, Resilience +20. These passive skills once unlocked stayed on the character no matter what class they were at the time.

rodrpisuno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are wanting to know how to actually implement this, it needs to be moved to MV Support. Game Mechanics is to discuss general ideas and theories of them, not how to get them working. Just let me know if I am misreading what you are asking.
Sorry, I'm new to the forum and I don't know where to put my questions:rswt

rodrpisuno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends on how you want to handle class changes. If a character changes back to their original class, do they keep the level they had before?

I think the Dragon Quest games managed this in 3 and 9 fairly well.

In 3 every time you changed classes, your current stats were divided by 2 and you started at level 1 in the class, even if you had been that class before in the past. that way you could grind a class, reclass, and have higher starting stats, influenced by what class you were previously.

In 9, when you change classes you pick back up at the same level you were in that class before. In the skill line unique to the class though, there were stat bonus passive skills. for instance, a warrior with 40 points in Courage (the warrior unique skill line) they would get 2 passive stat boost skills: Strength +10, Resilience +20. These passive skills once unlocked stayed on the character no matter what class they were at the time.

Kind of like 3, but not half for all stats, like 10% HP, 20% MP, etc.
They do keep the level, at least it's what I'm planning...
I'm sorry if this is too complicated.

rodrpisuno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never expected the solution to be found so fast! I just thought that my problem would go unnoticed...

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just to throw it out there, since it was in my mind when I designed this plugin, you can change the theme of the Talent system to be that of Classes. Your Talents could be Fighter, Thief, Monk, Red Mage, Black Mage and White Mage (as a Final Fantasy 1 example) and then hand out 1 talent/class point per level. The player chooses which class they level up each actor as and any abilities granted at that psuedo-class level are acquired. You should easily be able to turn this into a multi-class system. If you have any ideas for additional functionality, feel free to ask in the Talent Core thread. Can't guarantee that I'll be able to add it but I will if it's feasible. Actually working on am update to it right now but mostly to the base functionality. Won't be anything new to the Traits part of it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG
Add Smart Help Window Popup to Items and Skills | RPG Maker News #79

Is it unusual to think your own music is strange? xD I honestly don't know if I'm gonna use any of them :p
I've been keeping my cards fairly close to my chest, but Team Muxedo Task is proud to present the first offering for our contest entry: the title screen background.1624496085488.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noverian