Levthelion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been working on my RPG Maker project for a while, and for some reason the initial weapon isn't working on all of my characters except the first one. I've made sure everything is set up correct (with the traits and stuff) but for some reason it hasn't worked yet. The armors work just fine, it's just the weapons that are like this. Anyone know why this might be happening?
Edit: For some reason they can't equip weapons at all.

Last edited:

Xaniro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can't equip a weapon to characters it must be because you didn't configure the type of weapons that character can use.

In the database, in system, you must specify the types of weapons that will be during the game. Then in roles you will have to assign to the class the type of weapon that it can use.

It's the only thing I can think of that could be happening to you.

Levthelion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything looks fine, but it still doesn't work. Each weapon is set to the correct weapon type and each of the characters are set to be able to use that weapon, but they still can't equip them.
problem2.pngproblem1.png

Levthelion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: I solved the issue by recreating every weapon 1 by 1, but I never figured out what was causing it.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What probably happened is that you modified the types list in the database and at some point deleted the original type the weapons were set to; that can cause some weird issues like this which are corrected by basically redoing the types. I've had the same thing with armour before.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:
I'm considering making my own battlers from scratch, it seems like a daunting task, but I like the look of it so much...A_Miriam3.png
I picked up running again after a long time and managed to get from 2.25km to 7km in two weeks :3 Time to get rid of those covid kilos!
Have you ever wondered what the lives of the NPC's are like in your hero's story? Come an find out with us as we play, "A Story Beside" by Wayward Prophet :LZSexcite:

Never in my life did I dream that I would be the proud owner of 5 jellyfish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francis187