Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to force an actor to (re)initialize when adding them to the party.
In short, the player can tame monsters but once they die they are gone, and the player will need to catch another (with the same starting stats from the database).

It seems that it used to be possible to initialize from script calls when adding the actor to the party in older versions, as below.

1610637128404.png
Source: https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/16151-actor-index-set/

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything about it for MZ. I'm hoping someone out there has some secret knowledge to help me.

This is the common event which adds the actor to the party.
1610636540280.png

And if it helps, this is the script that removes the actor/s from the party:
1610637327731.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1610636650442.png
    1610636650442.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 0

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A good starting point is to look into Game_Interpreter, this tells you a lot ;)

Soulrender just typed the method when I was typing xD

Rixxus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A good starting point is to look into Game_Interpreter, this tells you a lot ;)

Soulrender just typed the method when I was typing xD
Haha. Thanks @Aerosys, I'll have a look at that. Still so much to learn :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Rixxus, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rixxus In regards to your report, double posting means making another post right after yourself when no one else has replied. You likely did it in this case as you were making multiple quotes.

You can add and respond to more than one quote in a post. Just select the +Quote button for each post before inserting them into the reply box. However, you don’t need to quote posts to reply. If you need to clarify who you are talking to, you can tag them using the @ symbol followed by their username as I’ve done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654