Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everybody,
I have a little problem with my project. Currently I'm working at the Intro and after the title screen the screen should stay black. So I tried the event option "Fadeout Screen" (I have the german version, there it's called "Bildschirm ausblenden". No idea what's called in the Englisch version). But what happens: I start the game. I see everything and a second later it goes dark. Not nice :/

So I tried another variation and used "Flash Screen"
(German: "Blitzender Bildschirm"). That got the screen immediately black, but I had to give a time for how long I want to have this effect. So again, not what I want.

Is there a way to start completely black after the title without giving a time? The screen should stay a few text massages long black :/

Grettings,
mesajia

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Create a blank map and put your player starting position there. Make sure to check "Start Transparent" in the system tab of the database. Then when you want to fade in the screen, teleport to the starting map and turn player transparency off.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alternatively you can put the fadeout command into an parallel process event instead of an autorun event - the parallel processes are executed first, before the autoruns - that is why there is a delay before the autorun works.

Mesajia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot. I went with Trihan's solution and it did great. The parallel process seemed to be a bit slow too.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delisyabakery