Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
InnNeed_Header.png

The Silver Willow Inn has been closed for years, and Hestia Kindlee is determined to change that!

InnNeed_Synopsis.png

There was once a marvelous hotel in the town of Queen's Horizon. Each room had a different theme, every stay was an adventure. But as the Silver Willow Inn passed from owner to owner, it fell into disrepair more and more.

The new owner, Hestia Kindlee, is determined to rejuvenate the inn that she remembers from her childhood! And no leaky pipes, cobwebby cellars, or haunted hotel rooms are going to stop her! Explore the old inn, fix what you can, find help for what you can't, and restore the inn to its former glory.

Inn Need is a non-combat RPG with puzzle elements. Set in a soft fantasy environment that ranges from everyday magic spells to living dust bunnies and enchanted mushroom helpers, it evokes a calming sense of wonder and delight. This is a peaceful world where effort is rewarded and help always comes if you ask for it, then roll up your sleeves and get started on your own.

InnNeed_Gameplay.png

Gameplay is centered around exploration and interacting with your environment, most notably the ghosts that haunt the halls of the Silver Willow Inn. Cobweb searches, dust bunny chases, and restoring lost items to their proper place will help bring the inn to life, and you’ll have plenty of reasons to use Hestia’s Bag of Tricks along the way.

InnNeed_Screenshots.png

InnNeed_Screen4.png

InnNeed_Screen1.png

InnNeed_Screen2.png

InnNeed_Screen3.png

InnNeed_AboutUs.png

Studio Overdoing It (As Usual) is a collaborative effort between @Ji_Tealeaf , @TeiRaven ,and @thepumpkinsnake . While this is our first game together, it certainly won’t be our last!

Inn Need was made for the RPGMakerWeb IGMC 2022 Game Jam. This is Build A , which is complete! However, there will be a Build B forthcoming, with additional content and even more polish, at a later date. Stay tuned!

Please note: there is a known issue in the hotel lounge. Due to his move route, is possible to get trapped behind the bar by the bartender! Please try to stay to the bartender's right side to avoid this issue, and/or save before entering the lounge so you can reload your file if you get stuck.

InnNeed_Download.png
Download Inn Need on itch.io!
PC Only. Mac, Linux, and mobile versions not available.​

Last edited:

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice polished art. Looks relaxing. Won’t be trying because I only have Mac, but good luck with the game!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This was very cute and a lot of fun. Great job, you guys! Definitely one of my favourite IGMC games, so far.

Some small bugs:
  • Some of the transfers has Hestia face the wrong way. For example going from the Penthouse to the staircase or going from the stairs in the Lobby to the Mezzanine.
  • Hestia can walk on the glasses in the Pirate room.
  • There's a dust bunny in the Penthouse that doesn't move and you can't interact with.
  • One of the plants in the Lobby has some black pixels left.
  • The spiderweb on the phone (Lobby) appears above Hestia. Same with the spiderweb on the plant in the Dining room.
  • The tea room maids don't have a name window.
  • There's stray pixels on the dust bunny when it moves to the left.
  • After saving my game, we return to the main menu, but my cursor is on the To Do List menu option instead of the Save Game.
  • According to my To Do List I needed two mushrooms, but I only got the prompt "This is enough" after I collected three.
  • I think one of the new maintenance guys appears too fast? The one on the balcony was already there, when no one else of the hirees had arrived.
Some improvements:
  • I think the game could benefit from a Load Game menu.
  • Maybe it was just me, but I thought the boots went way too fast.

Last edited:

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thank you so much for playing! We actually were aware of quite a few of these bugs (there came a point when we had to say "we're out of time to worry over little things" --about an hour and a half before the deadline, in out case XD) but I definitely did not realize I'd forgotten the waitresses' name cards! Thank you for compiling a list for us!

I'm curious what you mean about a load menu--I wouldn't have thought to change it, because it does the job as far as I was concerned XD do you mean a load game menu accessible from the main in game menu? Or just something different and prettier?

Ah yes, the speedy boots. Believe it or not, that's only one speed click higher! Short of dropping Hestia's normal speed down by one and the boots to match, I'm not exactly sure how I could change that.

Again, thank you for playing and sharing your feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
IGMC 22 results are in, and Inn Need reached the final round at #16 for Judge's Choice, and #5 for Player's Choice!!

We're absolutely thrilled. Thank you so much for your kind ratings and comments, everyone! They really do mean the world to us. The feedback we got gave us a lot of things to discuss and improve upon for Build B, and we're very excited to bring it to you this winter!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New sprites & animations for Mint and Beri are coming along!
Guh-Colorbound.gif
ScreenShot_10_5_2022_4_44_8.png
Mad O' Malley... a stick figure that's afraid of it's existence being erased. so they always start battle in an anxious state.
Before, I was drawing all the sprite work, super big and shrinking it down. Which was really time consuming if thing's changed. So instead I'm drawing the characters sketch, and then remaking it with pixel art instead.
Why are job interviews so terrifying. :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveleaf