RMMV Inner Darkness: Internal War

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by JAD94, Nov 11, 2018.

1. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Synopsis:

Struggling with depression most of his life, Jake discovers he can harness his inner darkness and inner demons to transform into a menacing beast. Join him in discovering his roots, exploring varies worlds while making some unorthodox friends along the way, and save these worlds from a sinister plague that Jake is somehow connected to. Face your inner demons or let them control you, what will you do?

Features:

• 9 playable characters
    • quest manager and enemy log
    • choose to be a hero or be dark: each with different quests and endings
    • optional in-game gaming pad
    • turn based active battle system

Cast:
    1) Jake
    Bio- A young man who can manifest his inner darkness and transform into a menacing beast. He is on a quest to discover his strange connection to the dark plague.
    Weapon- Fists.
    Type-All around
    2) Ace:
    Bio- A government agent who works for an agency that has found a way to teleport to other dimensions. He is a skilled marksman and fighter.

Weapon- Guns
    [​IMG]
    Type-All around
    3) Charles:
    Bio- A humble yet timid Camelot Knight who joins Jake and Ace after they help save his dimension from the dark plague.
    Weapon- Axe
    Type-Defense
    4) Rick:

Bio- A powerful werewolf who bonds with Jake and acts as his guardian.
    Weapon- Claws
    Type-Offense/Speed
    5) Ubis:

Bio- A powerful shaman and descendant of the great, Anubis. He is tasked with helping a small desert town when they are subjected to famine and illness.
    Weapon- Staff
    Type-Spellcaster/Support
    6) Shizukeza:
    Bio- A soft spoken ninja who dedicates his life to protecting his village. His lightning fast movements greatly aid his new friends.
    Weapon- Kitana
    Type-Speed
    7) Sophia:

Bio- A gentle soul and guardian angel of Jake. She possesses powerful light magic and tries to show Jake the power he has inside, and tries to deter him from relying on Dark Jake.
    Weapon- Bow and Arrow
    Type-Support
    8) Reapz:
    Bio- A goofy, 4th-wall breaking grim reaper. In his dimension, he was put in charge of The Underworld and runs it alongside his trusty pet, Cerberus.
    Weapon- Scythe
    Type-Spellcaster/Support
    9) Serena:
    Bio- A sarcastic vampiress and swordsman. She has the ability to transform into a bat, and regenerate on top of being very fast and strong. She lacks skills in magic, however.
    Weapon- Sword
    Type-Power/Speed

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Play as Jake or his alter-ego, Dark Jake.
    [​IMG]
    Dark Jake is stronger and faster than Jake and has more powerful skills. Using Dark Jake, however, drains your life and can alter the quests and ending of the game.[​IMG]
    Explore beautiful, immersive worlds full of quests, mysteries, collectibles, and more![​IMG]
    Many enemies and hazards await!
    [​IMG]
    These worlds need your help to end the dark plague and restore peace.
    [​IMG]

Face pure darkness and other powerful foes.

Gameplay Videos:
    Here's the teaser trailer for Inner Darkness:

Here's the 2nd trailer for Inner Darkness:

Here's gameplay for Inner Darkness and an introduction to Jake and Dark Jake:

Demos (Windows & Mac):

Credits:
    Developer:
    Green Moon Games

Publishers:
    DEGICA Co., LTD, ENTERBRAIN, INC, Kadokawa

Artists:
    Personigo de la Cefo
    Thalzon
    Hiddenone
    Whtdragon
    Avery
    Haydeos
    Thalzon
    Low
    Matseb2611
    Lunarea
    Enterbrain, INC.
    Pandamaru
    Zealraid
    Sangokushi

Composer/Musician:
    Joel Steudler

Quality Assurance:
    Corey Adams, Mike Mesa, Marc Remache, Matthew Ashworth

Programmers:

Sasuke KANNAZUKI
    Moghunter
    Bobstah
    Mr. Trivel
    JahwsUF
    Pheonix KageDesu
    Gameus, Game_stailer94 & BlueDragon
    Rocketmancer
    Galenmereth
    SumRndmDde
    Catball Games
    Shaz
    Yogi Ojima
    SkottyTV, DragonPC, Yoji Ojima, Rexal
    Yanfly

For any questions or concerns feel free to message me on this forum post, direct message me or email me at greenmoongamesofficial@gmail.com]

Official Sites:

Release Date (Windows, Mac)
    : June 21, 2019

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Yulia, Low and Starmage like this.
  2. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, everyone, I hope you're having a great weekend so far. I've released a new video for Inner Darkness. Enjoy :)

Starmage and punchybot like this.
  3. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone hope you're having a great Sunday. There's a new video out showcasing some gameplay for inner darkness as well as an introduction to Jake and Dark Jake. Enjoy and feel free to comment and share :)

Starmage likes this.
  4. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I really love the details on the art and battler sprites! <3 This looks like a very fun concept with the inner darkness alter ego! ^_^

JAD94 likes this.
  5. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much Starmage I really appreciate that. Feel free to try the demo for PC and mac. Feedback is appreciated. And thank you for all your support on Twitter as well ❤

Starmage likes this.
  6. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Of course, JAD94! You're very welcome! ^_^ Oh! And speaking of support, I'll also add your game topic's link to my support sig. so I can keep in touch with its' progress as well as show my support better. ;)

I shall also try out the demo and give my feedback! :D

JAD94 likes this.
  7. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much I really appreciate that :)
    I look forward to hearing your feedback ^_^
    Are you currently working on anything? :)

Starmage likes this.
  8. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You're welcome again, JAD94! :) Yep! I'll be sure to leave my feedback once I'm done enjoying the demo! ^_^ :)

Btw, yep! Im currently working on my sci-fi game. xD :D But yeah! Been having fun checking out all the cool projects that everyone has going! :D

JAD94 likes this.
  9. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you currently have a demo? :)

Starmage likes this.
  10. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    PM sent, JAD94! ;) ^_^

11. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello JAD94! Sorry, I played the game on sunday and I havent been able to leave my feedback 'cause I fell asleep early and I couldnt get to my PC during weekdays. xD :D Thankfully, I am able to burrow someone's lappy to leave my thoughts of the game when I played it! ^_^

So far, I really enjoyed the game! T'was a fun experience and I loved the concept of Jake's dark side trying to take over and making Jake do things he would rather not do himself. xD :D Made for a fun little twist during character interactions. :) So here's some of my thoughts so far:

What I loved:
    - The animated battlers were amazing! And battles felt fluid! Of course, you were using ATB! And I love me some ATBs <3 xD
    - There was some good exploration at the beginning town, which made it fun to spend some time talking to people and going inside buildings! :)
    - The story, though some of the concepts like monsters becoming aggressive and the main char having an alter ego seems to have been already done a lot in media, the game still manages to give it a unique/original spin that makes it enjoyable! :D I also love the idea of dimensional travelling presented in a modern-based game. :) You also already had some specific dimensions set in stone, fore-shadowing the places that we get to soon farther into the game! So kudos for that! :D
    - Battles were well-balanced enough, and there weren't any where I felt was too easy or too hard for me. :)

Some issues:
    - I should've taken a screenie x( Buuuut, there was this one robot who casts paralyze, and when he hit Jake, the game crashes with an error pop up saying something like "Error item" I guess? Hmm! Not sure what's the cause, but it happened as soon as Jake got paralyzed. :o

What can be improved:
    - I know this is still in development, and some things are probably subject to change. But I guess I'd love to see Jake's sprite really wearing a hoodie! :D Since it kinda looks like he wears a uniform on his charset sprite, and a robe on his faceset. xD But that's just very minor. :) Hmm, I do have an idea of a hoodie generator sprite you can use for Jake's charset and faceset. ;) I'm only saying this cause I find Jake's love for hoodies amusing, and the uniform wearing charset seemed kinda off. xD :D

Overall! This is an amazing project with lots of potential to be greater that what it already is! :) I wish you the very best! ^_^

JAD94 likes this.
  12. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it! :)
    I'm a big fan of foreshadowing so I wanted to add some to the game. Also in the specimens lab I showed some monsters you'll be battling later on as some extra little foreshadowing ^_^
    HAHA I know the idea of monsters turning evil is overrused alot xD, I'm trying to compensate with some unique mechanics such as the alter ego thing :)
    Hmmm, that's a very weird glitch I'll look into that thank you!
    And thank you for the hoodie generator piece :)

Starmage likes this.
  13. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You're very welcome, JAD94! ^_^ Glad to be of help to your game's development ^_^ :D I'm also happy you found good use of the generator piece for the hoodie! :) Best wishes! :D

JAD94 likes this.
  14. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you again! Best of luck to you and your game :)
    Never give up your dream/vision!

Starmage likes this.
  15. sheffield

sheffield Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I love the premise, and I think it's the selling point of the game. The humor, atmosphere, music and custom sprites were great. The pacing was good. I liked the characters, despite the default asset look.

I found the first battle a bit tedious, especially since it was a tutorial. Custom art and less default assets would go a long way in making it look more polished. The UI on top of the assets was a little jarring. There were some tiny grammar mistakes, so a proofreader to go through the script would help.

Starmage and JAD94 like this.
  16. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for trying the game and for your feedback. I'm still working on getting more custom graphics so in time there will be little to no default assets used. :)

And the first battle as in the boxing instructor or the punks? If so how do you think I could correct this?

I'll be going through and proof reading some more thank you :)

Starmage likes this.
  17. sheffield

First Language:
    English
    The battle with the ogre and the agents. It just seemed really long and I felt like it wouldn't just die, lol. The agents had a ton of different spells/magic, too, so it was a lot to take it at once.

JAD94 likes this.
  18. JAD94

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ahhh ok ok willdo. So just a shorter battle will suffice? :)

19. sheffield

First Language:
    English
    Just giving the ogre less HP would work. :)

20. RetroExcellent

RetroExcellent Pixelated Avatar of Chaos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have not had a chance to try this, as I just found the topic, but I love what I've seen so far. Are you planning on doing custom walking sprites? The chibi RTP sprites are a bit jarring when compared to the beautiful combat sprites.

I will be giving this a try for sure and leave some feedback.

JAD94 likes this.