Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Engine: RMVXA
Genre: Story Based Action/Adventure

Hello..each and every one of you.

Have you ever wanted to summon and vanquish demons by way of your dead best friend’s hand-carved spirit board*?! Well, you’re in luck my friend, because that’s exactly what I’m making!

Enter a dark and twisted world where a powerful hand-carved spirit board jolts your existence.

Jane is a curious, yet extremely cautious girl, and she needs your help! You see, her best friend Amelia just died, and she needs to make contact with her again. I mean, she didn’t even get to say “Goodbye”.

Dabbling with a spirit board is dangerous, especially alone. That’s where you come in! Utilize Amelia's Spirit Board to summon and vanquish demons through fun and intriguingly disturbing story-based mini games. Jane is willing to go to great lengths for her best friend. Are you mindful enough to help Jane reconnect with Amelia? Or will the abominations you summon prove to be too much for you?

(I've been working on Innocence, Always for the past two years in my "off" time by myself. There is no Demo yet, but I am working on getting there!)

*A spirit board is a flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, numbers 0-9, the words “yes” and “no” and sometimes “goodbye” and various other symbols and graphics. People use it in the belief that it will help them receive messages from people who are dead.

• Real-Time action battle system- Summon and vanquish demons via Amelia's interactive spirit board!
  • Fun and delightfully entertaining mini-games- If the demon you summon grabs you, you'll have the opportunity to revisit the time and place where Jane and Amelia met the human version of said demon. Complete the mini-game in the allotted time to gain new weapons, items, and to unlock the next demon! Everyone is connected..in one way or another. It's twisted..it's dark..it's..FUN!
  • Puzzles- Weird and disturbing puzzles are fun, right?! Work with Jane to solve a variety of puzzles and mysteries!
  • Immersive Story- As you summon the demons necessary to progress through the story, you'll unravel the dark and disturbing events that led to Amelia's death. (R.I.P. Amelia)

~BOB~

Watch ‘em burn.

Hello, good day! I wanted to take this time to reveal another human enemy for Innocence, Always.

This is Bob (Bob is short for Beelzebob, and don’t laugh, he may burn everything you own while you’re sitting on top of it).

Bob is an extremely disturbed local who takes pleasure in watching living beings suffer. It doesn’t matter if it’s a defenseless little ant, or another human being. He thrives in destruction and death. Bob soon realizes getting caught in his craft can be detrimental. The carnage is ironic, really.

Oh! I also wanted to add that I have been working on a gameplay trailer for Innocence, Always in my off time (which doesn’t seem to be much lately, but I’m doing the best I can). I will hopefully have it up soon! I’ll definitely keep you posted.

Have a fantastically weird day,

-Amy

~ROSE~

I want to debut one of the many enemies I have created for Innocence, Always. This is Rose. More specifically, the human version of Rose.

She's a full-time babysitter who is full of negativity and hate. Crushing childhood dreams is her forte. She relishes in it, actually. Good thing she runs out of breath pretty quickly..right?

Creepy abandoned house

Bloody good times.

We all have demons....

All the links!

www.*******.com/Supergirl050 (Defs check this out if this tickles your fancy!)

www.tumblr.com/blog/innocencealways (A blog I started for Innocence, Always)

www.twitter.com/Supergirl050 (I'm a huge Twitter monger, follow me! I always follow back)

Scripts being used in this game:

-MOG - Animated Title A (v2.4)
-Khas Awesome Light Effects
-Yanfly Engine Ace - Parallax Lock v1.00
-Fixed Pictures-Seer UK & OriginalWij
-Animated Parallax [VXA]-Modern Algebra
-Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid v3
-Super Simple Mouse Script-Shaz
-EventSpawn 1.2-By Kal
-[ACE] Falcao's ABS + Kal's EventSpawn Patch-By Sixth

(This will be updated throughout the game's progression, this is the list I have as of now)

I want to take this time to THANK YOU for taking the time out of your busy schedule and checking this post out. I wanted to share it on here....since this is the game engine that I'm using to make it! (And this community is incredible)

More screenshots and updates coming soon!

Last edited:

LandOfShadows

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi OutRightSmile,

Really like your game idea.

Funny enough, I have a YouTube channel all around summoning demons/angels and the Djinn, and a video on creating a Ouija Board on the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClqp8NigKZMEdjCb496qTUg

Sounds like the perfect game for me…

Be sure to share the demo once it’s up.

Your graphics all look nice in creating the atmosphere… interesting…

Do you have a video of the game play ?

LoS

Last edited:

onipunk

Archmage of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not usually a fan of horror-themed RPG Maker games (except the excellent Yume Nikki) but I do like your story idea. Trying to reconnect with a lost friend seems like it could be a really interesting plot, especially if grief and mourning factor into the protagonist's arc. Colour me interested, I'll be keeping up with this one!

Also, LandOfShadows, maybe it's best not to promote your own stuff in other folks' topics. The Youtube stuff is a bit more relevant to this topic, but posting about your game in someone else's topic might not be the greatest idea.

LandOfShadows

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Onipunk,

You're right, I have removed my link to my project from the post... just a little fustrated, not had any replies. :rswt

LoS

Outrightsmile

Wicked Witch of the Midwest
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not usually a fan of horror-themed RPG Maker games (except the excellent Yume Nikki) but I do like your story idea. Trying to reconnect with a lost friend seems like it could be a really interesting plot, especially if grief and mourning factor into the protagonist's arc. Colour me interested, I'll be keeping up with this one!

Also, LandOfShadows, maybe it's best not to promote your own stuff in other folks' topics. The Youtube stuff is a bit more relevant to this topic, but posting about your game in someone else's topic might not be the greatest idea.
Thanks for your response onipunk! I don't have a video yet..it seems Fraps doesn't work with RPG Maker?? I downloaded Hypercam2, but the video quality is TERRIBLE. I'm not quite sure as to how I go about getting a good quality video up..but I am trying to figure it out! Fingers crossed.
-Amy

onipunk

Archmage of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for your response onipunk! I don't have a video yet..it seems Fraps doesn't work with RPG Maker?? I downloaded Hypercam2, but the video quality is TERRIBLE. I'm not quite sure as to how I go about getting a good quality video up..but I am trying to figure it out! Fingers crossed.
-Amy
I'm no expert at recording video myself, but maybe give OBS Studio a try? It's mostly used for livestreaming but it can record videos for upload as well, it's open-source so completely free and as far as I know has 1080p recording, no cap on length, and no watermarks.

Outrightsmile

Wicked Witch of the Midwest
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Hello hello everyone and everybody! A bit of an update with what I've been working on (with the help of Jetpackgone). Getting the Spiritboard (Ouija Board) working how I needed it to was making my hair turn gray, so I bit the bullet and asked for help. Using the Name Input Window, I got the Spiritboard to function and summon demons; but the letter and number positions, and the window height and width needed altered, I was at a complete loss. Thanks to Jetpackgone's help with editing his Minimalist Name Input script, I have the Spiritboard working how I want it to! Yay yay! Feel free to give feedback, good or bad. I welcome either. Bring it on.

Until next time twisted ones, until next time.

~Amy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980