zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so I'm using this plugin... http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Input_Combo_Skills and it does exactly what I need it to do... but I'm having an issue with knowing when to tell the player to return to their starting position. basically I'm using action sequences (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Category:Action_Sequences_(MV)) and because of how they work, they always send the play back to their home position. I KINDA found a way around it. basically in my game you use points to do the combos, and a state goes into place at the start of the combo as so attacks work differently.

problem I've run into is "what if the player doesn't use all of their points"... as in they can do 3 combo attacks, but only choose to do 2. the state stays and they slide back to their home position instead of the sequence I have set if they use all the points.

basically I don't know how to tell if the sequence is over because I don't know how to tell how many attacks are queued up. despite it says you can edit the plugin... you kinda can't because it's obfuscated. the only thing I could make out was _queuedActions... but even if I type $gameActors.actor(2)._queuedActions > 0, it always returns false. so does $gameActors.actor(2)._queuedActions === 0.

is their any other way to make it so either A. I can know how many attacks are queued and if none are, to use the sequence to get back to their home position... or B. find a way to get rid of the state after all attacks are finished, but not before.

EDIT: I now know they all count as one action according to state actions. I think knowing that might help. If I can figure out a way to let the game know the state ends, then I can fix the issues I'm having.

EDIT 2: I've almost figured this out finally lol. basically when the state leaves, use Yanfly's Buffs and States Core to cause a dummy skill to go off where the player moves back to their space. only issue now is I think within the action sequences themselves when it comes to things like perform finish and <finish action> I think. need to bypass those.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness
I added reflections and shadows. Though one of the party seems to have no reflection, is floating, with glowing eyes. I'm sure it's fine.
p7O1sjG.png
Well. *That* was an entertaining fustercluck — and that’s not meant nearly as sarcastically as it sounds. I just had to make four different versions of the same conversation:
1: Attained MacGuffin.
2: Have not attained MacGuffin, but know its location.
3: Do not know MacGuffin’s location, but have a good idea where to find it.
4: Do not know where to look for MacGuffin.
Yep, feels good to be back. ^.^
I'm soooooooooo tired TT___TT why can't there be a plugin to let me sleep + work simultaneously ... !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pestilence