Not open for further replies.

Shapka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello all - I've been doing a ton of research into past threads but haven't found anything that helps me out. I've been working on my first game on-and-off since last spring as a way to deal with stress. Recently, I noticed that sometimes when I try to testplay it crashes with no error message(more often than not with increasing frequency) and today a new problem has popped up: input controls work just fine on the title screen and totally stop past that. I can't move the character or open any menus with keyboard or mouse. I haven't ever tried to use an external controller while testing.

I'm running the newest version of RPG Maker MV on a Macbook with macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 with absolutely no plugins for this program. I have not done so much as a system update since the last time I worked on my game, so I'm stumped as to why this is happening. I tried to make a new game to see if the issue would be replicated and it wasn't - controls work fine (although the crash issue is still an occasional thing). I didn't make a ton of progress with this game, but it's my very first one and I'm heartbroken at the prospect of having to can the entire thing :( I worry that losing this project (especially not knowing why) will turn me off of the program entirely.

Any ideas?

Edit: I just tried starting my character off on a different map in the game instead of the world map and that !!RESOLVED THE ISSUE!!

No idea what happened here, but I thought I'd update as I can't find a way to delete this post.

Shapka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Forgot to mention that I tried to uninstall and reinstall RPG Maker MV and it unfortunately didn't resolve the issue.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit: I just tried starting my character off on a different map in the game instead of the world map and that !!RESOLVED THE ISSUE!!
I guess you had an event on that map with an active Autorun-trigger page:
  • Autorun will trigger the event up to once per frame if no other non-Parallel event is running.
  • Normal player controls are blocked while a non-Parallel event is running.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recently, I noticed that sometimes when I try to testplay it crashes with no error message
if the game ends without an error message, then that is not the game crashing (which always ends in an error message), but the game being shutdown from an external command.
most likely an access restriction or anti-malware program, because the editor creates a html5-based game and many antivirus can't detect the difference between an external website trying local access or a local program using web technologies to access its own files.

as for the other error: like the post above explains, classic description of an active autorun on a map.

Shapka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess you had an event on that map with an active Autorun-trigger page:
  • Autorun will trigger the event up to once per frame if no other non-Parallel event is running.
  • Normal player controls are blocked while a non-Parallel event is running.
You nailed it! I forgot that I set up an event to auto-run (and never figured out how to do it properly) and that was what caused the issue. I'm such a n00b.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luizg156