ThyNexus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is probably a very simple question, but I have yet to find an answer.

I have a door that will only open with a password. I have set up an Input Number command of 4 digits in the event and added a Conditional Branch for when the player gets it right or gets it wrong. My problem is that, for example, if the player were to put in something such as 9876 and that was the incorrect code, when they access the event for a second time, rather than the original 0000 coming up for the player to change, it has remained at 9876. This is not a big problem for game play, but it is rather irritating to not be able to figure out how to make the input command revert back to 0000.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In control variables in the event, reset the variable's value to 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarmaGodQ

The Hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No idea since I never used it but have you tried setting it in the wrong conditional path where the #'s go back to 0000 but the pass stays the same still until someone gets it

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mjshi has it right. Set the variable to 0 before the Input Number command.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmatmoney