Input Trigger Not Working For Event Based Menu

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Quincy, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Quincy

Quincy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm trying to make a custom menu out of events and pictures in RPG maker VX ace. From all the tutorials and things I've seen on the topic, I am creating the events correctly. However, for some reason any sort of button input just fails to work. No matter how many times I press any button I set it to the pictures never pop up. I thought maybe it was the menu access that was the problem. Tried putting that on a separate event but nothing happened still. I thought maybe it was the parallel processing bug known to cause issues in VX ace but using the fix for that didn't seem to help my problem any. I also tried using the conditional branch "when B is pressed" instead of the input trigger command and that didn't seem to help either. I don't script so I felt like this would be the easiest way for me to set up a custom menu. Honestly, any advice on how to proceed (A script I can use or otherwise) would be appreciated.

Menu Event page 1.png Menu Event page 2.png

2. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm. Strange. Check your common events and make sure there's nothing that uses picture 1, 'cause that could interfere. Also, make sure that variable wasn't used by any other event. If both of those are not the case, then the only other thing I can suggest is to change the events to above characters. I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but it's what I do and it seems to work, so I'd say just give it a try.

3. Quincy

Quincy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, none of the variables are being used by anything else. I am using 3 scripts that can use variables (Racheal's dynamic title music & Dynamic title, and a script called Global Save File by TheLEECH.) I thought maybe these scripts might be interfering but I wonder now if it's a compatibility issue of some sort because when I started a new project, without the scripts, I still had the same problem. I just recently switched over to Window's 10 and I wonder if that would interfere with the program? At this point... I don't know what to do. I really want a custom menu but without using events or an easy to follow script it's not looking like I'll be able to make one. I appreciate your suggestions! but none of them seemed the help D:

EDIT: Ok, apparently it is now sometimes popping up when I hit ESC not B. I'm so confused lol.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  4. Quincy

Quincy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Welp, now I'm able to pull up the menu reliably after a bit of testing. Need to figure out how to make the buttons actually work but i'm hoping some tutorials will enlighten me enough to do so ^_^