Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Inspired by Kes' search for some of them and the fact that MZ can handle 32x32 tiles now, which makes them a lot more relevant for todays users (though you will have to recut them for that use).

Inquisitor made a unique and extensive tileset that is enough to provide everything for a full medieval/fantasy game, plus one of the best and most extensive worldmap sets ever.

Here are some previews of the sets and links to the wayback machine so you can easily access them all even now that the site is gone.

1660234845381.png

1660234936290.png

1660234964945.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you require to own XP for use? although they wont work in MV unless
remade, upscaled, or a re-make of them.

but nice tiles though.

EDIT: 2nd link doesn't work.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you require to own XP for use?
They are original tiles, not based on any RTP.
although they wont work in MV unless
remade, upscaled, or a re-make of them.
Technically, there are plugins that let you use different tile sizes in MV. But Avery's stated intent was for MZ users, who can now use them natively.

@Avery Thanks, these are gorgeous.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, they are 100% original^^

For MV I would honestly just do parallax mapping, as upscaling them any easy way would just blur them...
For MZ you can recut them and switch the grid size in the engine. I think some people also made VX Ace recuts for them, those would do the trick as well.

Mike-Turtle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be aware that (I'm pretty certain at least) Inquisitor required you to ask for their sets to be used commercially. But in non-commercial games you should be fine. They are amazing tiles. It's a shame that much of the RPG Palace forum can no longer be accessed as there used to be some great frankensprite additions to the set.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the links in the medieval exterior don't work for me - can anyone provide a different link to them?

EDIT: the demo link started but crashed on me. let's try again if it works for others.

EDIT: third try worked

Last edited:

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be aware that (I'm pretty certain at least) Inquisitor required you to ask for their sets to be used commercially. But in non-commercial games you should be fine. They are amazing tiles. It's a shame that much of the RPG Palace forum can no longer be accessed as there used to be some great frankensprite additions to the set.
Really!? Oh.. dang!

Mike-Turtle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try downloading the demo @Andar, instead of the download. The tiles are included in it. If not I can send the tile-sheet to you.

@CCCreations, I believe so.

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try downloading the demo @Andar, instead of the download. The tiles are included in it. If not I can send the tile-sheet to you.

@CCCreations, I believe so.
So reading over each entry with the links all that is noted is to link back to that site if you use them. Nothing specifying commercial or non-commercial usage conditions.

Mike-Turtle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CCCreations - Very true. Unfortunately most of the forums are now lost to time that even the wayback machine can't find, but I was a member back in the day, and as far as my memory serves me they were not for commercial use. I've tried finding a specific thread but I can't use the search and most of the forum isn't archived. You'll probably be fine using them for commercial use (I've seen many mobile games with them), but I wouldn't personally.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On those product pages, Inquisitor even explicitly states that giving credit is optional...seems odd that a person would say "The fact that you are using it (if you are) is reward enough," but then care whether you're making money off of it.

I don't think that an author adding extra terms outside of where you obtain the product is a valid thing. For one thing, there could be no expectation that everyone downloading the product would see that given forum post. But I am not an expert :wink:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkEchoid