Inspector Paws

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

The greatest detective in the world. Arthur Watts, the man who can solve any case, woo any

woman, conquer any secret organisation! Or so he likes to think...he's actually a below

average detective with an eye for the ladies and a very intelligent pet cat called Paws.

Paws is the real detective, solving the cases from the sidelines while acting like a pet, then

laying out all of the evidence in plain sight so Arthur can 'solve' the cases for himself. Without

any of the recognition he deserves and left with cheap powdered milk.

After a refreshing catnap is interrupted by a phonecall from the famous actress, Catherine

Quinn, Arthur and Paws head to her home in the countryside for a case, but when they

get there, things seem to be a bit fishy...and not the good kind.

Screenshots

All credits are in the game. Sorry about stupid errors (like the suspicious character in one of the bedrooms >w<)

Anyway, thanks for having a look at this topic and if you play it, I hope you have a smidgeon of fun ;3

Download Inspector Paws!

RyanA

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bad kitty. Your tags are all wrong. I'll fix it for you.

p.s. I like your logo.
Woopsie :3 Thanks! Omg looking at the screenshots they all have errors in them >w< The rest of the game has too though 3: Especially one blazingly obvious one!

Arcador

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BG
Primarily Uses
Looks good mate!

No worries, I spend 4 hours fixing typos .. and there are probably still some left.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Here's my thoughts while playing, note it's not final or cleaned up~

· That title screen is cute and the music is damn nice.· The Logo is good

· The pacing is actually pretty good and the dialogue.

· The cat has a lot of personality.

· Passability issues.

· The Shift thing is pretty genius.

· The orb thing was just weird and is the weakest part of the game. I suggest doing a piece them up minigame instead of the orb thing since it didn’t feel like it was contributing to the game at all. It was a downer because I was expecting to do something cool.

· What you could’ve done is Arthur talks and then you animate a cutscene and get choices and they could’ve acted them out. Or if the Arthur was talking and if he did something wrong, the cat would do something. Like he had more play.

· The writing at the end felt rushed. The music by the end isn’t so good too. I think with a small polish on this part it would’ve been great. Like explain to us what kind of necklace is it. More detail about it.

· What I didn’t like about this game is how it’s too hand me down, like everything is guided to me by hand. I guess that makes sense considering this is “Episode 1” but I was hoping for more challenge. Maybe on your Episode 2 there’s more.

· What I suggest is to add more visual elements to the case. Like small pictures of what the objects are and if possible, a comic shot or animated events of how the murder was executed. It will bring more life to your game.

· Adding a time limit to the investigation would bring more flavor.

· It has so much promise and was so cute and it kinda fail.

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's my thoughts while playing, note it's not final or cleaned up~

· That title screen is cute and the music is damn nice.· The Logo is good

· The pacing is actually pretty good and the dialogue.

· The cat has a lot of personality.

· Passability issues.

· The Shift thing is pretty genius.

· The orb thing was just weird and is the weakest part of the game. I suggest doing a piece them up minigame instead of the orb thing since it didn’t feel like it was contributing to the game at all. It was a downer because I was expecting to do something cool.

· What you could’ve done is Arthur talks and then you animate a cutscene and get choices and they could’ve acted them out. Or if the Arthur was talking and if he did something wrong, the cat would do something. Like he had more play.

· The writing at the end felt rushed. The music by the end isn’t so good too. I think with a small polish on this part it would’ve been great. Like explain to us what kind of necklace is it. More detail about it.

· What I didn’t like about this game is how it’s too hand me down, like everything is guided to me by hand. I guess that makes sense considering this is “Episode 1” but I was hoping for more challenge. Maybe on your Episode 2 there’s more.

· What I suggest is to add more visual elements to the case. Like small pictures of what the objects are and if possible, a comic shot or animated events of how the murder was executed. It will bring more life to your game.

· Adding a time limit to the investigation would bring more flavor.

· It has so much promise and was so cute and it kinda fail.
Aye I really did rush it towards the end, and there was a lot that I wanted to do too! I intend to go back and do all of this once the contest is over! Thanks for your great feedback Archie and thanks for playing :3

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm, what's RGSS202E and why can't it be found?

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What Emzie said x3

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've installed the RTP, but now I get an error saying it can't find Audio/BGM/Inspector Paws Main. Could have something to do with the fact that there's no Audio folder in the game directory. :(

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, so Inspector Paws was recommended to me to LP... so I did. Here's the video and a summary~

Inspector Paws Full

I enjoyed the game quite a bit. There were a lot of dialogue issues here and there but for the main part things were pretty neat. The mapping was quite well done, though a few passabilities didn't make sense (couches and a bed you could walk on, from what I remember). The systems used were pretty good, too. I like the little 'brainstorming' puzzle and I can see a lot of promise in a series of games with it. Oh, and I liked how Paws picked up on dialogue clues. Overall, not a bad game~

Hope the video helps you polish the game up a little more. I rather enjoyed it, even if I had trouble keeping my voice acting straight. XD

>.<)b

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks very much! :3 I really liked your comments and feedbacks, a lot of what you said was what I originally wanted to do, with different endings for each character, a fully explorable house and a more in depth menu.

I wanted to have a sort of 'clue counter' where you found so many clues for each character, but the actual culprit would always have more clues, slightly more hidden!

Also your ideas of the more open Inspector Paws is thoroughly intrigueing ;3

The spelling and stuff was awful, sorry x3 And that suspicious silhouette in one of the rooms was an accidental left over x3

Nici_s

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This game reminds me some kind of 'Detective Conan'...

Suspicious...

But all in all I love this game :3

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
was a interesting attempt at a detective game but lacked the players interactivity.

a good detective game

allows the player to search evidence and clues themselves and name the culprit based on your own deductions.

this was like a visual novel XD

good stuff having a cat as the mc tho XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Before I am done with even one game, I am going to need Psychiatric assistance after doing all these sprites!
Still I am improving, Spriting not mental fortitude.
It's still early days, and I was going to keep this under wraps until development is a bit further along, but I'm just so damn proud of how robust the integrity-checking in this plugin is that I have to share it.
Do you think the new RPG Maker MZ has support for Android devices ?
JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makina_Yuki