Eugene84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
I know this has probably been asked before but I only found a thread dating from 2016 and it related to v1.2 MV; the post is outdated as the folder system structure appears to be different today. (And I did ask the question on tech support but got no answer.) So my question is the following. I bought the standalone version from this site here but I want to change the language from the initial default French install to the English version. (It seems that the install will just default to the OS language.) I can’t seem to locate which file to modify in the RPGMV folder. Thanks for your help.

Eugene

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might help if you add a link to the thread you already found.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't find it because it doesn't exist by default, you need to create it.

The file is called 'Locale' - NO EXTENSION!!!
it needs to contain two letters that are the code for the language, for example EN for english

you can create it with any text editor, just make sure that the name is saved without extension into the main folder.

and no, that never changed - if the topic you found contained the correct description it will work even today.

Eugene84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Thanks for your reply. BTW this is what I found.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cst