subengari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
king's english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know how to go about adding a library if I am provided a single JS file- for example, with loglevel.js I just move that file into my project's js/lib folder and edit main.js:

folder_JS-Libs.PNG
scriptLibs.PNG
And, voilà, I can use log.warn(), etc.:
loglevel_example.PNG

But what if a library doesn't provide the JS file and asks you to install it using a command line?
npmInstall.PNG

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know how to go about adding a library if I am provided a single JS file- for example, with loglevel.js I just move that file into my project's js/lib folder and edit main.js:
Huh... why do all that when you can just add the js file to your plugins folder and enable it on the plugin manager?

But what if a library doesn't provide the JS file and asks you to install it using a command line?
View attachment 176641

Sometimes you can find the js file on the github repository, but gm is **a lot** more than just some Javascript code. It's not impossible to make it work on nw.js, but it's not a matter of just copying files to the right place either. Before you dive into that, it's important for you to know exactly what you're working with.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lunee.jpg
Early try to draw our Demon Countess, who destroyed her own soul leaving just an empty shell of a body - until our heroine unwillingly takes possession of it, every time she falls asleep.
(I know it’s a premade face from the Dark Fantasy Set, but I spent so much time with her, that I can’t bring myself to change the sprite anymore xD)
I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg
not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YukiSanMoji