Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have an error line 570: can't clone NilClass. The error happens when I call shop screen command.

Please help, thank you!
Does this occur in a new project?

Murd

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Does this occur in a new project?
No I have some scripts for my project. I tried to use Individual Equipment script before your script but also got error.Do I have to playtest with a new game file? I added your script to my project and playtested from a saved file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, if you have existing items you will need to start over.

You should check that it is not a script compatibility issue.

Murd

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Yes, if you have existing items you will need to start over.

You should check that it is not a script compatibility issue.
I'll be playtesting with a new game file first and if the error still persists, I'll let you know what scripts now are being used for my project.

resinate

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is there any chance for a request of this script with equip types cuz i dont want all armors to be instanced just certain types

also i found a bug where when u save with this script, and reload save it spawns UNUSED weapon and 2 UNUSED armors

TheChatotMaestro

doesn't know what she's doing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the person above me asked something similar, but is there any way to turn this on for accessories only, and not body armors or shields? It's perfect otherwise.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you read the script.
It has the option built in to allow items weapons and armor.
Each one controlled by a true false setting.
Default is items - false
weapons true
armor true

So just change it.
Around line 193

TheChatotMaestro

doesn't know what she's doing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know, but that turns it on for all armor. If you want to, say, only have accessories as instances, you still have body armors and shields as instances as well.

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi, sorry to bring up an old post, but I'm trying to make this script work (well, it does work, that's not the problem :p) alongside a "resident evil-like" inventory screen that I just recently came across. I have two issues:

The first problem, as you can imagine, is with the "combining" feature: since the items are all instances, the combine script does not recognize the standard ID (meaning that, normally I would combine item#12 + item#13 to create item#14, now it's no longer possible because the items #12 and #13 in my inventory obviously don't have that ID anymore. Is there a workaround/addon/patch/whatever for this? I'm posting a link with the project with both scripts inside. SOLVED

The second issue is a simple matter of me not wanting every item in the game to follow the "instance" rule, mainly ammunitions and some other item should be an ecception, so I was looking for an addon that allows me to - perhaps using item notes tags - create a list of items that don't create instances.

Thanks in advance to whoever is willing to help :)

Last edited:

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
OMG I DID IT!!!
ehm sorry, I know it's silly, but since I su<k at scripting, I'm kinda amazed at evey small goal I'm able to reach lol

before:
upload_2018-8-10_14-29-14.png

after:
upload_2018-8-10_14-29-26.png

for those curious, I actually had to work on the Menu script, not the ItemInstance script; basically I replaced wherever the line said "item.id" into "item.template_id" and it worked, now I can combine instance items among them :)

upload_2018-8-10_14-32-3.png

works with no bugs!

I still need help with the other issue 'tho:

The second issue is a simple matter of me not wanting every item in the game to follow the "instance" rule, mainly ammunitions and some other item should be an ecception, so I was looking for an addon that allows me to - perhaps using item notes tags - create a list of items that don't create instances.

Again, thanks in advance to anyone will look into it :)

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Bumping time :D

Does anyone know a way to add ecceptions for specific items? Either with notes tags or any other way?

NowiFate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish to use this script but when I try to open it it appears as a .txt file. I'm an RPG maker noob so I don't know how to save it as a plugin. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Oh, it's not for MV, I missed that part.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wish to use this script but when I try to open it it appears as a .txt file. I'm an RPG maker noob so I don't know how to save it as a plugin. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Oh, it's not for MV, I missed that part.
If it's not for MV then where do you expect to use it?
This is a script for VX Ace. Are you familiar with VX Ace? and where scripts go in it?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Add Smart Help Window Popup to Items and Skills | RPG Maker News #79

Is it unusual to think your own music is strange? xD I honestly don't know if I'm gonna use any of them :p
I've been keeping my cards fairly close to my chest, but Team Muxedo Task is proud to present the first offering for our contest entry: the title screen background.1624496085488.png
I love work placement programs. Part of it is to get a resume done by a "professional" even though I use a portfolio in my profession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesles