Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi,

Question is as simple as the title says: Is there a legal way to instantly open the item menu without going through the main menu first?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
AFAIK no there isn't. I've requested this feature to be added to the Maniacs patch by BingShan, let's hope he gets there! ;v; who knows.
I'd like to think it's not such a difficult thing to implement seeing as how there already is a call main menu command, but I have no idea.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JosephSeraph: This would be awesome. Hopefully they'll add it.

ervik85

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Any update on this? Or if there is another mod for it? I've been looking for an option like this for ages...

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any update on this? Or if there is another mod for it? I've been looking for an option like this for ages...
In the 2 years since I asked this question, unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution either.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I come back here again, as I have hope that there's something new by now?

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would be better to directly contact BingShan on that if this feature has to be compatible with ManiacPatch.

As of every version above mp210414, it is absolutely not useable with any other patch combined that changes stuff inside RPG_RT.exe because a giant restructure of code has happened. And as far as it goes for me, my disassembler commits self-destruction shortly after I try to open and analyze it, so I couldn't even do any research on that.

~炬燵あ

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It would be better to directly contact BingShan on that if this feature has to be compatible with ManiacPatch.

As of every version above mp210414, it is absolutely not useable with any other patch combined that changes stuff inside RPG_RT.exe because a giant restructure of code has happened. And as far as it goes for me, my disassembler commits self-destruction shortly after I try to open and analyze it, so I couldn't even do any research on that.

~炬燵あ
At the moment, I'm not using any patch like maniac or others. Just the bare default functionality of RM2003.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, we can continue from here. Would it be necessary being able to still open the main menu screen (or other parts) or do you just need the inventory in the entire game?

~炬燵あ

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, we can continue from here. Would it be necessary being able to still open the main menu screen (or other parts) or do you just need the inventory in the entire game?

~炬燵あ
No, I don't use the rest of the main menu at all. Just the save menu (via “open save menu“ Event Command) and my own message menu that I've bound to Esc key via common event. That's it so far.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made a direct port of Cherry's DirectItemMenu from 2012, that should do it.
Just did a short test with it and the inventory opened/closed as intended.

DL: https://archive.org/details/RPGMakerPatch_DirectItemMenu

On top of that, I suggest to use the 2003-1.11 edition (SHOULD work with 1.12) of my SwitchOnMenuCall from some years ago if you create a custom menu. It ensures that your players can't break any triggers on the map when calling it by cancelbutton. If the menu call by button was valid and safe, it turns switch #1017 to ON which you can use as condition to open your custom stuff.

DL: https://cherryshare.at/f/huh3lF

~炬燵あ

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gimme a few secs to tell you how awesome you are: VERY awesome. :LZSjoy:

Doing this patch, you fixed a years old issue for me. Tested it and works like a charm. Thanks a lot!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I_got_lonely.jpg
So I was working with the save system (yes I'm going to at least use RM's save system, I'm not a total monster)... And I realized I was lonely so I brought along some friends to test stuff out. :LZSexcite:
1653529725808.png
>Wake up in the night
>Can't sleep
>Draw little freak
>Come up with pancake based puns for attacks
>Back to bed
UHHHHH. What is this and how did someone find my game on here? 1653527395160.png
ScreenShot_5_25_2022_7_37_13.png

my game has distinct areas where travel through what are known as "battle stations" these are more or less areas to explore and fight. occasionally, you'll stumble across secret rooms with sidequests ready to be taken. this area is in the high school attic of all places... but how do ya get there is the question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillianAxe