DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Battlers perform actions instantly in an order decided by their agility. A turn ends after each battler acts. The order will be adjusted in-turn if a battler's agility is increased or decreased. This means that an example action order could be Enemy-Actor-Enemy-Enemy-Actor-Actor-Enemy.

Script

How To Use

Set the battle type to itb in Yanfly's Battle Engine Core.
 Use <free_itb_action:1> as a skill notetag to prevent
 that skill from consuming an action for the battler - they will be able to act
 again after the skill is used.

Make sure to set the parameters to your liking.
 Put the <noExtraElemenWeaknessAction:1> notetag on a state to disallow opponents
 from getting an extra action from hitting the battler in their weakness.

Put <elemWeaknessState:x> with x as the state id as a notetag for an actor or
 enemy to define which state is applied when they are hit in their weakness.
 This overrides the parameter setting for that actor or enemy. Use 0 to disable
 states from being applied from being hit in the weakness.

Use <reAddBattler:1> in a skill/item to readd a battler to the pool of battlers if they had already finished their previous actions. Must be used with a state that increases action times.

Patch Notes

v1.11 - Add readd option. Use <reAddBattler:1> in a skill/item to readd a battler to the pool of battlers if they had already finished their previous actions. Must be used with a state that increases action times.

v1.10 - Added Ready Sound parameters. You can optionally have a sound play when an actor is ready to act.

v1.09 -  Now allows an animation to be played on the battler when they get an extra action from hitting an opponent's weakness. Always works on enemies, only works on actors if sideview is on or with another plugin that supports animation on actors in front view. Set the animation in the parameters.

v1.08 - With parameters and notetags, a battler can earn an extra action by hitting an enemy weakness. Also, being hit in the weakness may apply a state to a battler.
The windows no longer jitter when selecting the fight command.

v1.07 - Surprise battles now correctly allow enemies (and only enemies) to attack the first turn.

v1.06 - Fixed state/buff turns being counted down twice per turn.

v1.05 - Fixed Regeneration

v1.04 - Enemies no longer have infinite actions when Yanfly's Battle A.I. Core is turned on.

v1.03 - Hitting cancel during input will not skip the actor's turn anymore, nor will it allow you to select actors that have already had their actions.

v1.02 - The battle system now needs to be set in Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. Set the battle type as itb. Troop events set to run on a certain turn or turn end now work. Battlers may now act more than once a turn after applying an action time increase state to themselves. Compatibility with Yanfly's Instant Cast is no longer applicable. Use <free_itb_action:1> as a skill notetag to prevent that skill from consuming an action for the battler - they will be able to act again after the skill is used.

v1.01 - Action time increases now work.

The plugin seems to work pretty well as-is. I would like to, however, increase compatibility with other scripts and introduce a few extra features. I would also like feedback, for suggestions as well as to catch any bugs.

My goal for this plugin is to make a battle system that is easy to understand and balance, and fast to play. One of my disappointments with the default battle system is how you need to process each actor's input before the actions are performed. This makes things feel sluggish. In addition, you could not adjust your tactics during the turn in response to how the battle was developing. I have noticed that some people have found difficulty balancing or understanding the turn mechanics in CTB and ATB scripts, so I believe the more predictable nature of this ITB script may be appreciated.

This script itself was  based off of Yanfly's CTB script.

As mentioned in the script documentation, please remember to credit them should you use the script.

Known Issues

• None

Future Updates

• I'd like to add a visible turn order to the battle system that also predicts the turn order when hovering over skills that would alter it.
  • Be able to have skills that have be charged up for x amount of turns before use.
  • Be able to have team-up skills that require two or more actors to use.

Credit and Thanks
- DreamX

- Yanfly

Author's Notes/Terms of Use
Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killout

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is the exact battle system I am looking for, great work.  I won't be able to use it until it is compatible with Yanfly instant cast but I will follow this thread and keep watching for updates.  

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really interesting. I have yet to test it with my own game, but the battle system looks like it would be a perfect fit for what I have in mind.

Thank you so much.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've never thought of this particular battle system. So now it seems to me that for Scene_Battle based battle systems, we have DTB, followed by ITB, CTB then ATB(ABS are rarely Scene_Battle based but usually map based).

Nevertheless, I wonder how this plugin works with battlers having more than 1 action slot(granted by action times +).

Let's say battler 1's the fastest followed by battler 2, battler 3, battler 4, ..., battler n, with battler i(1 <= i <= n) having ai action slots. Right now I can imagine 2 setups:

1. battler 1 executes all a1 actions -> battler 2 executes all a2 actions -> battler 3 executes all a3 actions -> ... -> battler n executes all an actions -> turn end

2. battler 1 execute 1 action -> battler 2 executes 1 action -> battler 3 executes 1 action -> ... -> battler n executes 1 action -> battler 1 execute 1 action -> battler 2 executes 1 action -> battler 3 executes 1 action -> ... -> battler n executes 1 action -> ... -> battler 1 execute 1 action -> battler 2 executes 1 action -> battler 3 executes 1 action -> ... -> battler n executes 1 action -> ... (Until all battlers have executed all their action slots) -> turn end

I haven't thoroughly comprehended your codes yet, so I wonder which setup is used by your plugin? Or it's so nice that users can set which one to use or even toogle this setting on the fly?

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very nice plugin.

Hope those known issues are fixed and future updates are implemented.

:]

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi DreamX,

I have a an event that runs on the troop at Turn End and span is Turn that increases an Item in the inventory by 1. This works when your plugin isn't turned on an I'm just using dtb with Yanfly's battle engine but when I turn your plugin on it doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas? :D

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.01 Action time increases now work. If you increase action times of a battler they can act more than twice per turn.

Hi DreamX,

I have a an event that runs on the troop at Turn End and span is Turn that increases an Item in the inventory by 1. This works when your plugin isn't turned on an I'm just using dtb with Yanfly's battle engine but when I turn your plugin on it doesn't work anymore.

I'll work on that! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The script needs more work than I expected, but it's my first battle system plugin, so I'm steadily gaining more understanding.

I've never thought of this particular battle system. So now it seems to me that for Scene_Battle based battle systems, we have DTB, followed by ITB, CTB then ATB(ABS are rarely Scene_Battle based but usually map based).

Nevertheless, I wonder how this plugin works with battlers having more than 1 action slot(granted by action times +).

Let's say battler 1's the fastest followed by battler 2, battler 3, battler 4, ..., battler n, with battler i(1 <= i <= n) having ai action slots. Right now I can imagine 2 setups:

1. battler 1 executes all a1 actions -> battler 2 executes all a2 actions -> battler 3 executes all a3 actions -> ... -> battler n executes all an actions -> turn end

2. battler 1 execute 1 action -> battler 2 executes 1 action -> battler 3 executes 1 action -> ... -> battler n executes 1 action -> battler 1 execute 1 action -> battler 2 executes 1 action -> battler 3 executes 1 action -> ... -> battler n executes 1 action -> ... -> battler 1 execute 1 action -> battler 2 executes 1 action -> battler 3 executes 1 action -> ... -> battler n executes 1 action -> ... (Until all battlers have executed all their action slots) -> turn end

I haven't thoroughly comprehended your codes yet, so I wonder which setup is used by your plugin? Or it's so nice that users can set which one to use or even toogle this setting on the fly?
It's the #1 setup right now. A battler will perform all of their actions. An toggle setting is interesting, I might do that after I've taken care of other issues.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit: v1.03 - Hitting cancel during input will not skip the actor's turn anymore, nor will it allow you to select actors that have already had their actions.

v1.02 - The battle system now needs to be set in Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. Set the battle type as itb. Troop events set to run on a certain turn or turn end now work. Battlers may now act more than once a turn after applying an action time increase state to themselves. Compatibility with Yanfly's Instant Cast is no longer applicable. Use <free_itb_action:1> as a skill notetag to prevent that skill from consuming an action for the battler - they will be able to act again after the skill is used.

Hi DreamX,

This should be fixed now - I've tested a troop event that occurs at turn end with span turn and it corretly adds an item at the end of every turn.

This is the exact battle system I am looking for, great work.  I won't be able to use it until it is compatible with Yanfly instant cast but I will follow this thread and keep watching for updates.  
Unless you're using multiple battle systems in a single game, compatibility is no longer required with Yanfly Instant Cast. To have a skill be a free action (meaning you get to act again afterward), use <free_itb_action:1> as a skill notetag.

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found a compatibility error with Yanfly's Battle A.I. core.

When Battle A.I. is on, the enemies continuously act without allowing the player to take a turn.

Other than that, this plugin is great, and is exactly the kind of battle system I want for my game. Thank you so much.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've found a compatibility error with Yanfly's Battle A.I. core.

When Battle A.I. is on, the enemies continuously act without allowing the player to take a turn.

Other than that, this plugin is great, and is exactly the kind of battle system I want for my game. Thank you so much.

No problem! I seem to have fixed this issue, the enemies do not act infinitely anymore.

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem! I seem to have fixed this issue, the enemies do not act infinitely anymore.

Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to using this.

Quick question though, why is this under plugins in development. It seems finished to me.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to using this.

Quick question though, why is this under plugins in development. It seems finished to me.

You're welcome.

I want to make sure it's compatible with more plugins, and I want to add a turn order display at the very least. Later on I also want to add in an option to gain an extra action if you hit an opponent's weakness.

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, I seem to have come upon another error. Parameters such as HP regen, MP regen, and TP regen are not working for me. 

Thanks in advance

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK, I seem to have come upon another error. Parameters such as HP regen, MP regen, and TP regen are not working for me. 

Thanks in advance

Thanks. Should be fixed now.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.06 - Fixed state/buff turns being counted down twice per turn.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.08 - With parameters and notetags, a battler can earn an extra action by hitting an enemy weakness. Also, being hit in the weakness may apply a state to a battler.
The windows no longer jitter when selecting the fight command.

v1.07 - Surprise battles now correctly allow enemies (and only enemies) to attack the first turn.

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Buffs, and States are once again not lasting for their intended duration.

Thank you in advance for your help,

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Buffs, and States are once again not lasting for their intended duration.

Thank you in advance for your help,

It's working for me. Are you using the latest version (v1.08)?

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOLLARTA