Instant Turn Battle

EGStryker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm here to report another bug I've found. When players inflict confusion state on enemies, enemies attack randomly, working like it is suppose to. But when it is the player that is inflicted with the confusion state, players don't attack anyone and just skips their turn. It's like they're just stunned or something. I've already tried to create a project with nothing but YEP Battle Engine Core and ITB plugin in case there are conflicts with other plugins I have in my game but it's also doing the same thing. I hope this one would get a fix as I find your plugin awesome. :D

Gubbit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, is it possible to make it so that a turn ends after all the battlers in play have acted?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gubbit Isn't it how the default turn end is?

markp80nj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, or if I simply don't understand how this works.

But let's say I have an enemy weak to fire.

I have Max Elemental Extra Actions set to 1.

Now my caster hits the enemy with Fire, the One More! Popup shows, and he gets an extra turn.

Except the One More! Popup shows up again if he uses Fire again, but this time he won't get one more action.

Is there a way for the popup to only show when he actually gets a free turn, and ignore the second time he hits the weakness?

whoami

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I put together a little patch for compatibility between ITB with YEP_BattleAICore. All it does it revert a performance tweak that Yanfly made to the Battle AI Core. If you can accept the decrease in performance, it's a temporary fix.
Download it here: https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/pk9x4gkfg

I also attempted to re-create the Persona/Megaten style of giving bonus actions when your attack gets a critical hit. You can limit it to one bonus per enemy (by inflicting a knockdown state), or just a flat limit per turn. This code requires YEP_BuffsStatesCore, and should be put in the note section of a state you apply to all your actors.
Download it here: https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/px0ur1jhk

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi @DreamX,

1) thank you very much for the plugin; and

2) is it possible to get the ready overlay working for front view battle as well?

SynysterCola

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi DreamX,

Thanks for making this plugin. I've been able to (somewhat) reproduce this error:

1) I may have caught a little problem. When one of my character is the first to act in battle, before an enemy, then I can flee multiple times, it doesn't pass his turn (actually, I've always succeeded in fleeing the second time, because my agi was not far from the enemy, otherwise he would have acted first). If the enemy acts first, then I only get one chance to flee before he acts again, as it should be.

Bug Explanation: Random encounter with an enemy party. If one of my characters are the very first to act in battle (so enemies haven't had a chance to do anything yet), and they elect to Escape. If I'm unable to escape, the character that got to go first will be allowed to act again. This cycle repeats until the escape is successful. All I have is Yanfly's Battle Core and your script.

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Walk around the map and trigger a battle. Attempt to flee. If you are unsuccessful, you will get to act again.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg3wm8yi9mb5h8j/ITB%20Escape%20Bug%20Demo.zip?dl=0

I've also uploaded a flash recording of me reproducing the bug (Recording in Jing):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q8v79leuq99wjs/ITB_FirstTurnEscapeBug.swf?dl=0

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Anyone else having trouble the Elemental Weakness Animation to play when you attack an enemy's weakness? I can't seem to get any animation to play then, and I was just wondering if it was a known bug. I can't get the Elemental Weakness State to trigger either. Tried it in a blank project with no luck again. Am I missing something?

markp80nj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When using Yanfly's Change Battle Equip Plugin, I am able to switch weapons and other equipment mid battle.

This is a necessity for my game.

However, with ITB, anytime I use the Equip command, every other remaining character for that turn gets two turns instead of one.

Anyway around this?

Blue Darkpurr

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Bug Explanation: If an enemy is hidden (appear halfway), they will still show up on the turn order window (though they still don't perform an action, so it is just a window display issue)

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Configure plugin normally and assign an icon to an enemy. Make one of the enemies appear halfway in the Troops window and test.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't want the window i mentioned in my picture below to display. Everytime i enter battle, it appears by default. I haven't found a way to get rid of it. Anyone has an idea please?

Attachments

Chaach

Chaach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I don't want the window i mentioned in my picture below to display. Everytime i enter battle, it appears by default. I haven't found a way to get rid of it. Anyone has an idea please?
im not on my computer right now, but i think its the turn order parameter on the plugin config, try disabling it, i remember getting this box when i was changing some configs

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it appeared right after the ITB plugin turned on without changing any plugin parameters. Did set everything in Turn Order to false, but it was still there :blink:

Edit: I found out the problem. Once i deleted the path for "Turn Folder Sheet", it disappeared.

Last edited:

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey DreamX wonder If you could maybe make this more compatible with YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay, I mean the turn order display really helps this plugin however the turn order is not correct, the actor that acts currently seems to be only in the middle of the row and sometimes it moves weirdly, of course, your plugin gives the option of doing this with images but maybe this will be easier.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Isn't the Battle System STB from Yanfly doing the same thing as this plug-in now ?
Except maybe for the elemental weaknesses, I don't see any difference. (Of course, I know yours came first)

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I believe this plugin actually allows actors and enemies to have more than one action per turn, so there is also that.

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi DreamX, thank you so much for this plugin. It works perfectly!

I just have one issue. For some reason, autobattle does not work with this plugin.
If you give an actor a special flag trait > autobattle, the actor just does nothing.

Is there a way to fix this?

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<solved>

Last edited:

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@jjleroy if you don't get that fixed and your not using the elemental weakness to affect turn order, try Yanfly STB, it's the same as ITB but no elemental weakness factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.
1 million messages is approaching. Some say the true identity of the legendary Maker is gonna be revealed. I mean come on, the legendary Maker is just a myth.....
Yes it took me this long to make a basic cape. :p Here is a shady necromancer elf to model it.

I dub him Nyxiel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lord_James