Instant Turn Battle

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DreamX, Mar 12, 2016.

1. EGStryker

EGStryker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi, I'm here to report another bug I've found. When players inflict confusion state on enemies, enemies attack randomly, working like it is suppose to. But when it is the player that is inflicted with the confusion state, players don't attack anyone and just skips their turn. It's like they're just stunned or something. I've already tried to create a project with nothing but YEP Battle Engine Core and ITB plugin in case there are conflicts with other plugins I have in my game but it's also doing the same thing. I hope this one would get a fix as I find your plugin awesome. :D

jjleroy likes this.
  2. Gubbit

Gubbit Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, is it possible to make it so that a turn ends after all the battlers in play have acted?

3. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Gubbit Isn't it how the default turn end is?

4. Gubbit

Gubbit Warper Member

First Language:
    English

@kovak Yes, I'd like to apply it to this battle system.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2016
  5. markp80nj

markp80nj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, or if I simply don't understand how this works.

But let's say I have an enemy weak to fire.

I have Max Elemental Extra Actions set to 1.

Now my caster hits the enemy with Fire, the One More! Popup shows, and he gets an extra turn.

Except the One More! Popup shows up again if he uses Fire again, but this time he won't get one more action.

Is there a way for the popup to only show when he actually gets a free turn, and ignore the second time he hits the weakness?

ashikai and kovak like this.
  6. whoami

whoami Villager Member

I put together a little patch for compatibility between ITB with YEP_BattleAICore. All it does it revert a performance tweak that Yanfly made to the Battle AI Core. If you can accept the decrease in performance, it's a temporary fix.
    Download it here: https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/pk9x4gkfg

I also attempted to re-create the Persona/Megaten style of giving bonus actions when your attack gets a critical hit. You can limit it to one bonus per enemy (by inflicting a knockdown state), or just a flat limit per turn. This code requires YEP_BuffsStatesCore, and should be put in the note section of a state you apply to all your actors.
    Download it here: https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/px0ur1jhk

markp80nj and ashikai like this.
  7. Anthony Xue

Anthony Xue Ancient Architect Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hi @DreamX,

1) thank you very much for the plugin; and

2) is it possible to get the ready overlay working for front view battle as well?

8. SynysterCola

SynysterCola Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi DreamX,

Thanks for making this plugin. I've been able to (somewhat) reproduce this error:

Bug Explanation: Random encounter with an enemy party. If one of my characters are the very first to act in battle (so enemies haven't had a chance to do anything yet), and they elect to Escape. If I'm unable to escape, the character that got to go first will be allowed to act again. This cycle repeats until the escape is successful. All I have is Yanfly's Battle Core and your script.

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Walk around the map and trigger a battle. Attempt to flee. If you are unsuccessful, you will get to act again.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg3wm8yi9mb5h8j/ITB%20Escape%20Bug%20Demo.zip?dl=0

I've also uploaded a flash recording of me reproducing the bug (Recording in Jing):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q8v79leuq99wjs/ITB_FirstTurnEscapeBug.swf?dl=0

9. ashikai

ashikai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Anyone else having trouble the Elemental Weakness Animation to play when you attack an enemy's weakness? I can't seem to get any animation to play then, and I was just wondering if it was a known bug. I can't get the Elemental Weakness State to trigger either. Tried it in a blank project with no luck again. Am I missing something?

10. markp80nj

markp80nj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    When using Yanfly's Change Battle Equip Plugin, I am able to switch weapons and other equipment mid battle.

This is a necessity for my game.

However, with ITB, anytime I use the Equip command, every other remaining character for that turn gets two turns instead of one.

Anyway around this?

Linkerbell likes this.
  11. Blue Darkpurr

Blue Darkpurr Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Bug Explanation: If an enemy is hidden (appear halfway), they will still show up on the turn order window (though they still don't perform an action, so it is just a window display issue)

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Configure plugin normally and assign an icon to an enemy. Make one of the enemies appear halfway in the Troops window and test.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  12. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't want the window i mentioned in my picture below to display. Everytime i enter battle, it appears by default. I haven't found a way to get rid of it. Anyone has an idea please?

Attached Files:

13. Chaach

Chaach Chaach Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    im not on my computer right now, but i think its the turn order parameter on the plugin config, try disabling it, i remember getting this box when i was changing some configs

14. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I got it appeared right after the ITB plugin turned on without changing any plugin parameters. Did set everything in Turn Order to false, but it was still there :blink:

Edit: I found out the problem. Once i deleted the path for "Turn Folder Sheet", it disappeared.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Chaach likes this.
  15. emelian65

emelian65 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hey DreamX wonder If you could maybe make this more compatible with YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay, I mean the turn order display really helps this plugin however the turn order is not correct, the actor that acts currently seems to be only in the middle of the row and sometimes it moves weirdly, of course, your plugin gives the option of doing this with images but maybe this will be easier.

16. Saneterre

Saneterre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Isn't the Battle System STB from Yanfly doing the same thing as this plug-in now ?
    Except maybe for the elemental weaknesses, I don't see any difference. (Of course, I know yours came first)

17. emelian65

emelian65 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I believe this plugin actually allows actors and enemies to have more than one action per turn, so there is also that.

18. jjleroy

jjleroy I love bananas Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi DreamX, thank you so much for this plugin. It works perfectly!

I just have one issue. For some reason, autobattle does not work with this plugin.
    If you give an actor a special flag trait > autobattle, the actor just does nothing.

Is there a way to fix this?

19. jjleroy

jjleroy I love bananas Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    <solved>

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  20. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @jjleroy if you don't get that fixed and your not using the elemental weakness to affect turn order, try Yanfly STB, it's the same as ITB but no elemental weakness factor.