Instant Turn Battle

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DreamX, Mar 12, 2016.

1. DWizard

DWizard Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Doktor_Q
    Sorry for the late reply, for some reason i didnt got the notification for your post. The plugin is just perfect, does exactly what i had in mind. I cant thank you enough :)

2. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    Are there any demos available for this plugin? Sometimes it's easier to wrap my head around things when I see them visually. Especially for the turn order :D.

zerobeat032 likes this.
  3. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there DreamX,

First of all, excellent work on the plugin, I'm loving it. Secondly, I'm having an issue with my character's sprites animations. I'm using Time Fantasy sprites and so far I haven't had any issues during the battle, but, as soon as I started using ITB it got weird. Below I'm attaching a pic of one of my actor's sprites. Whenever I cast a magic spell he uses animation from orange box, although, after enabling ITB it swaps around with the green box instead. Simply swapping them around in photoshop wouldn't be an issue, but after doing so, my character gets stuck in casting position until different action is taken by, or upon him (getting damaged/attacking). Is there perhaps an option I'm completely overlooking to fix that? Thanks in advance. Untitled-2.jpg

4. Icenick

Icenick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I second that, I could not get it working properly as well. Easier to look at what works and play with it.
    Does force action work with this plugin?

Lonewulf123 likes this.
  5. jbtwist

jbtwist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I found your your plugin because I want my bosses to hit multiple times per turn, but even if I have the tag <free_itb_action> to get extra actions even I have a problem with your plugin (and I dont want to use the elemental weakness system)

But my main problem with this is that I want to LIMIT the number of times each specific boss can repeat actions, so I would like to ask you if is possible for you to add a tag to do what i am asking about. I would like to program it, but since I am a newie in JS and your plugin is really long, I think I can't do it by my own.

6. Esjitu

Esjitu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This might be a long shot since the developer doesn't seem to be active here anymore, but I'd like to use this with the front view battle system. However, I noticed there's a slight delay between when an action is chosen and when it actually gets executed. Switching to side view I confirmed this delay is actually the period where the side view battler does their attack animation. It's only about a second's worth of delay, but it makes things feel slightly more sluggish using a front view system.

Here's an example of what I mean. With side view, it feels normal because you're watching the actors do their attack animation...but with front view, it creates a small but noticeable delay before the attack actually fires.

Testing this with nothing but Yanfly Core, Battle Core, and this plugin below both, so it shouldn't be a conflict.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust this for front view so you don't get that wait?

7. Mask_Kalven

Mask_Kalven M.A.S.K Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is this battle system similar to the persona series

8. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    It can add a state to an enemy when hit by a weakness and give the actor an extra action. But I'm not sure if the same is true for enemies since I haven't tried these features.

9. Mask_Kalven

Mask_Kalven M.A.S.K Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What I meant was, is it like persona like when you select the command it executes it, before selecting for the other.
    Example: Actor 1's turn starts
    Actor 1's command selected
    Actor 1's command executed
    Actor 2's turn starts
    and so on​
    So is it like that