evaxephongamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how active this page is, but I found a strange problem. I'm using this plugin alongside Yanfly's element Core, which allows for armor, states, and weapons to magnify & Amplify the damage dealt by certain elements when they're equipped/inflicted.

I found out that for some reason if the damage of an element (in this example, the "healing" element in my game) is amplified/magnified (it happens with both) then you can get a once more even if the target isn't actually vulnerable to the element. I can't seem to find any way to solve this with either Plugin's parameters. Does anyone have an Idea on how this can be fixed without scrapping the amplify/magnify mechanic of element Core altogether?
i'm probably a bit late, but i've been through the exact same issue in the past, and i remember searching around and eventually finding out about this:

<Custom Confirm Effect>
var elements = this.getItemElements(); //Get all elements from the current action
var fireId = 4; //Change this to your Fire Element ID in your database. By default, it is 2
if (elements.contains(fireId)){ //Check if current action contains Fire Element
var rate = 0.25; //Define the bonus damage rate (0.25 means 25%)
value += Math.ceil(value * rate);} //Increase damage dealt. "value" is the amount of damage dealt by your skill.
</Custom Confirm Effect>

if you use this note tag in a state you can actually circumvent this (change your fireid value for the element you're trying to boost). IIRC you need Yanfly's Buff and States Core for it to work.
In my game i'm using a system where when you exploit an enemy's weakness you temporarily become stronger, and i can confirm that this method doesn't treat neutral affinities as weakness, but it still increases the damage.

Reactions: DRG

DRG

Orange juice lover, Sunny D Hater.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i'm probably a bit late, but i've been through the exact same issue in the past, and i remember searching around and eventually finding out about this:

<Custom Confirm Effect>
var elements = this.getItemElements(); //Get all elements from the current action
var fireId = 4; //Change this to your Fire Element ID in your database. By default, it is 2
if (elements.contains(fireId)){ //Check if current action contains Fire Element
var rate = 0.25; //Define the bonus damage rate (0.25 means 25%)
value += Math.ceil(value * rate);} //Increase damage dealt. "value" is the amount of damage dealt by your skill.
</Custom Confirm Effect>

if you use this note tag in a state you can actually circumvent this (change your fireid value for the element you're trying to boost). IIRC you need Yanfly's Buff and States Core for it to work.
In my game i'm using a system where when you exploit an enemy's weakness you temporarily become stronger, and i can confirm that this method doesn't treat neutral affinities as weakness, but it still increases the damage.
I wasn't expecting a reply after awhile but this worked wonderfully!
Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danone_Adventures