C-Unit Studios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much for the fast response and the plugin!!!

This battle system is exactly what I was looking for and also actually is more compatible 

with other plugins than the yanfly CTB and ATB

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Is it possible to use <free_itb_action:1> also for Items notetag?

There is a way to have a skill that let the battler end the turn? For example for stack up more action that i give each turn, since some skills need 2 or more action slot

oktchau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
DUDE! This thing works flawlessly!

I was so upset to drop CTB due to the under-the-hood mechanics that prevented me to adjust the combat the way I needed, but this plugin is exactly what I was looking for. Just did some extensive tests with battle events and custom states like taunt and paralyze and this is working perfectly. I can't thank you enough!

Since you're still working on the turn order display, would you consider adding the option to use an image called from the notetag instead of the default portrait?

Last edited by a moderator:

WeaselDaddy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just ran into a problem with this, and I'm sure it has something to do with an error on my end, but I have tracked it to your plugin so I'm curious to see if you have any ideas.
I can only get through the first move of a battle, after the fact an error message shows up saying "TypeError; Undefined is not a function." I'm under the impression that I have everything set up properly, but obviously I've done something wrong somewhere along the line, but I really don't know where to start here. I'm somewhat new to this kind of thing. Any ideas? I'd rather not have to disable this entirely, I love the idea of the plugin.

EDIT;

I just realized the CTB plug in does the same thing. Am I missing something required by these plugins? I have Yanfly's Battle Core... Is there something else?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DUDE! This thing works flawlessly!

I was so upset to drop CTB due to the under-the-hood mechanics that prevented me to adjust the combat the way I needed, but this plugin is exactly what I was looking for. Just did some extensive tests with battle events and custom states like taunt and paralyze and this is working perfectly. I can't thank you enough!

Since you're still working on the turn order display, would you consider adding the option to use an image called from the notetag instead of the default portrait?

Sure, that's a good idea when I get around to fixing the turn order.

Just ran into a problem with this, and I'm sure it has something to do with an error on my end, but I have tracked it to your plugin so I'm curious to see if you have any ideas.
I can only get through the first move of a battle, after the fact an error message shows up saying "TypeError; Undefined is not a function." I'm under the impression that I have everything set up properly, but obviously I've done something wrong somewhere along the line, but I really don't know where to start here. I'm somewhat new to this kind of thing. Any ideas? I'd rather not have to disable this entirely, I love the idea of the plugin.

EDIT;

I just realized the CTB plug in does the same thing. Am I missing something required by these plugins? I have Yanfly's Battle Core... Is there something else?

If it also occurs with Yanfly's CTB plugin you should also report the bug on their thread (make sure to read the first post in the thread on how to report a bug).

Also, can you post a screenshot of the error? Turn on the console with Yanfly's Core Engine so I can see what exactly is causing the error.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a little question: What's the main difference between your ITB and the CTB battle system?

When reading through the description, it seems to have the same basis (apart from the fact, that it's based on yanflys CTB plugin)

oktchau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Just a little question: What's the main difference between your ITB and the CTB battle system?

When reading through the description, it seems to have the same basis (apart from the fact, that it's based on yanflys CTB plugin)

ITB is much closer to the default battle system and the agility just creates the initial turn order.

CTB is a whole different beast under the hood. For exemple, if you have a large agility gap between characters, the faster one not only attacks first but also more often than the slower one. States that last multiple turns or hit multiple opponents also behave in a different way. If you don't understand exactly how CTB works it may look unpredictable and very difficult to balance.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.15 - Added turn order. I decided to do it my way since Yanfly's code isn't commented and I had a hard time getting the hang of it (and I didn't want to/shouldn't bother them with questions).

I may add in an option to generate the icon automatically like in Yanfly's CTB later on though. For now you need to specify an image, index and the image's rows and columns. The size of each icon is decided by the width/height of the image and the rows and columns of the image. So you can have whatever width and height you want.

Make sure to look at the parameters, there are a lot of them (and more will be added). Examples include the orientation (horizontal or vertical), x and y position, width, height, etc.

The end turn icon is completely customizable too.

ex.png

Use <ITBSheet: x y z> with x being the image filename, y being the number of
columns and z being the number of rows, to specify the image sheet for the
turn order window icon for the actor or enemy.

Use <ITBSheetIndex: 1> to specify the index used for that image.

Example:
<ITBSheet: TurnIcons 10 10>
<ITBSheetIndex: 1>

This will use the sheet TurnIcons 10 10 with 10 rows and 10 columns.
The index will be 1.
If you do not specify the rows and columns in the filename, the default
parameters will be used instead.

You will name the end turn sheet used in the parameter "End Turn Sheet"
the same way.

The plugin will trim the spaces in the beginning and end of the
notetag/parameter so do not use leading and trailing spaces in your filename.

For example, use (without quotes)
"turnIcons.png"

instead of
" turnIcons .png"

What's missing that will be added in a future update: Predictive turn order (when you are selecting an action but haven't confirmed), taking into account when battlers have more than one action, taking into account when a battler can't act, adding a marker to show who exactly is having their turn, taking into account when there are more than one type of enemy,

redrawing only when needed (or on a set number of frames) instead of every frame like now.

ITB is much closer to the default battle system and the agility just creates the initial turn order.

CTB is a whole different beast under the hood. For exemple, if you have a large agility gap between characters, the faster one not only attacks first but also more often than the slower one. States that last multiple turns or hit multiple opponents also behave in a different way. If you don't understand exactly how CTB works it may look unpredictable and very difficult to balance.

That's correct. I should note that the ITB also edits the order from within the turn and not just the beginning, so if a battler's agility is increased or decreased enough, the order will change in-turn.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Is it possible to have the notetag <free_itb_action:1> also available for items? (and maybe have them cost MP for being used and not spammed xD...not sure if a plugin is needed for this).

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to have the notetag <free_itb_action:1> also available for items? (and maybe have them cost MP for being used and not spammed xD...not sure if a plugin is needed for this).

It actually works for items already, I just forgot to mention it. As for MP, you can try using Yanfly's Skill Core and having the item cost MP.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
It actually works for items already, I just forgot to mention it. As for MP, you can try using Yanfly's Skill Core and having the item cost MP.

Oh you mean with <Before Eval>? I didn't notice this was in Skill Core...i was looking into Item Core xD

Actually have to understand how to set it for cost MP only in battle phase and don't use the item if you haven't enough MP....but i'm going off topic, so thanks anyway!

oktchau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The update is working beautifully. Thank you very much for going the extra mile on the parameters to easily customize the portraits. Really top-notch work!

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! Just found this, exactly what I wanted. Although, I'm having a "Cannot read property 'height' of undefined" error. I have your plugin placed directly underneath Yanfly's CTB plugin.

Console log:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
    at Sprite_Enemy.updateFrame (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/rpg_sprites.js:981:34)
    at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/rpg_sprites.js:512:14)
    at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/rpg_sprites.js:493:14)
    at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2503:38)
    at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:1102:39)
    at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:2088:38)
    at Sprite_Enemy.update (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/rpg_sprites.js:952:37)
    at Sprite_Enemy.update (file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2802:36)
    at file:///C:/Users/The%20Potato%20of%20Fire/Documents/Games/Chronicle%207/js/rpg_core.js:3300:19
    at Array.forEach (native)

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Turn CTB off.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This plugin is amazing, exactly what I was looking for and solved all my problems of trying to balance yanfly's CTB.  Thank you so much!

sheffield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue with this script acting weirdly in battle. My actors and the battle menu are offscreen (at the top?), and when I blindly navigate to the skills/attack options, they target enemies but don't do anything. The plugin is up to date and at the bottom of my plugins, all others are off except this one and Battle Engine Core.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue with this script acting weirdly in battle. My actors and the battle menu are offscreen (at the top?), and when I blindly navigate to the skills/attack options, they target enemies but don't do anything. The plugin is up to date and at the bottom of my plugins, all others are off except this one and Battle Engine Core.

Change the battle type to itb to Battle Engine Core.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry I forgot to mention that I did that. It's the Default System value, right?

Did you make any other parameter changes to Battle Engine Core? Do these problems occur when you disable this plugin and use the default parameters for Battle Engine Core?

Try to make a new project with only Battle Engine Core and my plugin enabled. Do not change any parameters aside from setting the default battle type. If you are still getting the same errors, remove any unnecessary files you don't need to show the problem. You can use something like MVStripper to do this. Upload it on dropbox.com and I'll take a look at it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png
Hmm...you'd think in this day and age, what with Japanese Schoolgirls frequenting anime, JRGs and whatever else...that someone might have made some gym clothes for the generator. You know, the ones with the short bloomers.
finished the draft of some of this dude's motions!

mc0xoB4.gif

gonna work on the drafts of the other 3 now before i put detail, need to position these rather tall sprites well on the field

waiting for the term to end so i can get more time w this :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fountairpg