Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Loving the icons update.

Small problem though. If I increase the number of max icons past 11 I get this error.

* I have an image sheet of 10column x 10rows in 63x63 pixel image sizes.

Not sure if it's because of other plugins I have as well but I just want to check if you get the same error if you set the number of max icons to 12+

5201deb004bbf231245935481d02a965.png

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Loving the icons update.

Small problem though. If I increase the number of max icons past 11 I get this error.

* I have an image sheet of 10column x 10rows in 63x63 pixel image sizes.

Not sure if it's because of other plugins I have as well but I just want to check if you get the same error if you set the number of max icons to 12+

View attachment 40586

Thanks for the catch. Should be fixed in the latest version I just uploaded.

sheffield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try to make a new project with only Battle Engine Core and my plugin enabled. Do not change any parameters aside from setting the default battle type. If you are still getting the same errors, remove any unnecessary files you don't need to show the problem. You can use something like MVStripper to do this. Upload it on dropbox.com and I'll take a look at it.

It works perfectly in a new project. Are plugins that are off affecting it somehow in the original project? 

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It works perfectly in a new project. Are plugins that are off affecting it somehow in the original project? 

I don't think so. It's possible that your new project has the latest (unedited) core .js files and the project you were getting errors with does not. Try copying the contents js folder (everything except for plugins.js) from the new project to the project you were getting problems with and overwrite. If you are still getting problems then the next likely culprit is that you may have changed some parameters in Battle Engine Core.

Last edited by a moderator:

sheffield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't think so. It's possible that your new project has the latest (unedited) core .js files and the project you were getting errors with does not. Try copying the contents js folder (everything except for plugins.js) from the new project to the project you were getting problems with and overwrite. If you are still getting problems and the next likely culprit is that you may have changed some parameters in Battle Engine Core.

Did that and am still having an issue (actors/menu on screen but actions not going through), despite having a freshly downloaded Battle Engine Core with nothing changed but the itb... I'm thinking if worse comes to worse I can just transfer all my events/files to the new project.

On a side note, do you know if this type of battle system is patented? I wouldn't think so but I got paranoid after learning FF's ATB system being patented since I intend to eventually go commercial. 

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did that and am still having an issue (actors/menu on screen but actions not going through), despite having a freshly downloaded Battle Engine Core with nothing changed but the itb... I'm thinking if worse comes to worse I can just transfer all my events/files to the new project.

On a side note, do you know if this type of battle system is patented? I wouldn't think so but I got paranoid after learning FF's ATB system being patented since I intend to eventually go commercial. 

Maybe you can try to make a copy of the problem project and remove the unnecessary files and upload it to dropbox and I can look at it, if you want.

I don't think it's patented and all of the code is either from me, Yanfly or the Rpg Maker devs. This kind of battle system seems less popular than atb, ctb and dtb so it's probably one of the least likely. I will be adding more features later on to make it more unique anyway.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the catch. Should be fixed in the latest version I just uploaded.

Works fine now.~

Sorry again, encountered another issue lol.

Defeating enemies still has their icons persist throughout the entire fight.

Had 5 enemies, took down 3, but their icons are still active. 

919679fb9e8fd89489dafd07d083c502.jpg

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Works fine now.~

Sorry again, encountered another issue lol.

Defeating enemies still has their icons persist throughout the entire fight.

Had 5 enemies, took down 3, but their icons are still active. 

View attachment 40616

Newest version has a parameter to show dead battlers or not. Default false.

Interesting looking game btw.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Newest version has a parameter to show dead battlers or not. Default false.

Interesting looking game btw.

Thanks, haha. Small project for a fb group.~

Another thing if I can be picky here, can the turn order disappear when the fanfare & battle results comes in? Just a nice cosmetic thing.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, haha. Small project for a fb group.~

Another thing if I can be picky here, can the turn order disappear when the fanfare & battle results comes in? Just a nice cosmetic thing.

Newest version has parameter for hiding on battle results. Compatible with Yanfly Victory Aftermath. Default true.

Newest version also has option for displaying a letter on the icon when there is more than one type of the same enemy.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Newest version has parameter for hiding on battle results. Compatible with Yanfly Victory Aftermath. Default true.

Newest version also has option for displaying a letter on the icon when there is more than one type of the same enemy.

Oh wow you work fast, appreciate the work man.~

sheffield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe you can try to make a copy of the problem project and remove the unnecessary files and upload it to dropbox and I can look at it, if you want.

I tried dropboxing it but it seemed to get stuck on one of the files. I'm suspecting I must have messed with something near the start of the project and forgotten about it, I'm going to just move everything over as it would be easiest for everyone. Thanks so much for the offer though, I really appreciate your help and this plugin!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
v1.15d - Now has parameters to show extra actions. You can show them as extra icons, as text, have the script decide between the two, or only show one icon per battler no matter how many actions they have (default). Note that the extra actions are only displayed for the current turn. Having it displayed for the next turn will come alongside with the predictive turn order in a future update.

I should note that you shouldn't be using anything less than 100% for Action Times+ trait in states. You can, but it'll be considered 100% by the plugin. The reason for this is that I need to keep track of the action times+ states with every action, so having less than 100% is not very compatible. If you want a chance to add an extra action, apply that to the state itself (from skill/item effect) rather than the trait.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
v1.15d - Now has parameters to show extra actions. You can show them as extra icons, as text, have the script decide between the two, or only show one icon per battler no matter how many actions they have (default). Note that the extra actions are only displayed for the current turn. Having it displayed for the next turn will come alongside with the predictive turn order in a future update.

I should note that you shouldn't be using anything less than 100% for Action Times+ trait in states. You can, but it'll be considered 100% by the plugin. The reason for this is that I need to keep track of the action times+ states with every action, so having less than 100% is not very compatible. If you want a chance to add an extra action, apply that to the state itself (from skill/item effect) rather than the trait.

After updating to this, one of my skills that adds a state to a character with <reAddBattler:1> & 100% Action time doesn't seem to work anymore.

It did show one of my party members have 2 actions (since I enabled text # action) but it ended up just moving on to the next character in line after using up 1 action.

Tried to just use <reAddBattler> instead since it looked like you changed the descriptions of the plugin, but didn't work either.

Edit: Apparently I have to now set the duration to the turns from 1 ~ 1 to 2 ~ 2 for it to work again. Odd fix I found but it works.

aaaa.png

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're using action end instead of turn end there. Is that on purpose?

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to get it to display a text turn order since I don't have any icons yet (it would really help if you had an option to generate them based on face graphics/enemy graphics like Yanfly's CTB) but the window just shows up as blank. I have it set to use the text turn option, but it's just... not there.

kPqooo6.jpg

I've tried changing the height and width of the window but still nothing.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to get it to display a text turn order since I don't have any icons yet (it would really help if you had an option to generate them based on face graphics/enemy graphics like Yanfly's CTB) but the window just shows up as blank. I have it set to use the text turn option, but it's just... not there.

I've tried changing the height and width of the window but still nothing.

There's actually no option right now to display battlers as text. But I'll work on it for the next update.

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's actually no option right now to display battlers as text. But I'll work on it for the next update.

Isn't that what the third display option is supposed to do? Or am I reading it wrong?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Isn't that what the third display option is supposed to do? Or am I reading it wrong?

That displays how many actions the battler has as a number.

JinKuze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, sorry if this is a dumb question.

It seems whenever I use a notetag with the Columns and Rows defined, no icons show up whatsoever, even if I use the default 4 2.

Ex. If I put

<ITBSheet: 123 4 2>

<ITBSheetIndex: 0>

nothing shows up.

However if I omit the "4 2" part, it shows up. 

So I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, would be great if you could help me out as it's driving me crazy.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria