DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, sorry if this is a dumb question.

It seems whenever I use a notetag with the Columns and Rows defined, no icons show up whatsoever, even if I use the default 4 2.

Ex. If I put

<ITBSheet: 123 4 2>

<ITBSheetIndex: 0>

nothing shows up.

However if I omit the "4 2" part, it shows up. 

So I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, would be great if you could help me out as it's driving me crazy.

From the help documentation:

<ITBSheet: TurnIcons 10 10>
<ITBSheetIndex: 1>

This will use the sheet TurnIcons 10 10 with 10 rows and 10 columns.
The index will be 1. Indices start at 0.

That means in your case that the filename must be 123 4 2.png

That said, I did not communicate that well enough, so I can understand and apologize for the confusion. The plugin's help documentation has been updated to help prevent confusion.

JinKuze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
From the help documentation:

<ITBSheet: TurnIcons 10 10>

This will use the sheet TurnIcons 10 10 with 10 rows and 10 columns.
The index will be 1. Indices start at 0.

That means in your case that the filename must be 123 4 2.png

That said, I did not communicate that well enough, so I can understand and apologize for the confusion. The plugin's help documentation has been updated to help prevent confusion.

Okay so from what I understand, I can only put the file name in the <ITBSheet:> Notetags? 

If that's the case then how do I defined the specific Row and Columns for each Actor/Enemy?

I'm very slow, I apologize if I'm driving you crazy as well with my stupidity. 

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The rows and columns are defined in the filename.

Example:

File: "MySheet 5 3.png" (without quotes)

Means that there are 5 columns and 3 rows.

The notetag will be:

Code:
<ITBSheet: MySheet 5 3>

Last edited by a moderator:

JinKuze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah alright, thank you!

FlyingPig

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings!

I'm so excited to find this plugin. It's going to be a great addition to my game! Thanks so much for all your hard work.

I am encountering a couple of issues regarding forced battles in particular. (Random battles are working fine.)

• If the player is able to escape from a forced battle, escaping it and then triggering a second forced battle adds an extra turn to my characters. Another turn is added on top of this for each subsequent escape. Winning (or losing, if allowed) the battle doesn't seem to affect anything; only escaping adds turns to the next battle.
  • During target selection (in forced battles only) the keyboard arrow keys stop working. I'm able to change targets through mouse-click, but the keys play the selection sound effect without actually changing targets as expected.

I have isolated this plugin and Yanfly's Battle Engine Core in a new project to confirm what I'm seeing, if it's needed or useful. I'm grateful for any help you can offer!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings!

I'm so excited to find this plugin. It's going to be a great addition to my game! Thanks so much for all your hard work.

I am encountering a couple of issues regarding forced battles in particular. (Random battles are working fine.)

• If the player is able to escape from a forced battle, escaping it and then triggering a second forced battle adds an extra turn to my characters. Another turn is added on top of this for each subsequent escape. Winning (or losing, if allowed) the battle doesn't seem to affect anything; only escaping adds turns to the next battle.
  • During target selection (in forced battles only) the keyboard arrow keys stop working. I'm able to change targets through mouse-click, but the keys play the selection sound effect without actually changing targets as expected.

I have isolated this plugin and Yanfly's Battle Engine Core in a new project to confirm what I'm seeing, if it's needed or useful. I'm grateful for any help you can offer!

Thank you very much.

The first issue should be fixed in the latest update.

For the second issue, make sure your mouse is not currently hovering over an enemy sprite when you are using the keyboard. Battle Engine Core will prioritize the mouse cursor. This happens even if my plugin is turned off.

FlyingPig

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great! Thanks so much for the info. I'll have to look into that keyboard config plugin, too. Even if I don't end up needing it now, it might be useful in the future.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
solved, please ignore this post

It appears there's an incompatibility issue with Yanfly's Instant Cast. Enemies seam to ignore the instant cast tag and automatically end their turn.

I've made a demo with an enemy (slime) that's set to use an instant cast spell then attack to end its turn but it ends it's turn without attacking (even if you bump its mana up it only uses the spell once).

I also gave both actors the same spell and it works perfectly.

<removed>

Only plugins used are Yanfly's Core, Battle Core, instant cast, and this

There's also some odd shaking of the battle status window now and then...

There's an even weirder behaviour in my main project. Slime A instant casts, Slime B instant casts, Slime A (no turn order icon shown) attacks, Slime B (no turn order icon shown) attacks... But one problem at a time.

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Well first I'm going to say I love this system is so fun and much more dynamic than the default one, so thank you co much for creating it :D

The I have some inquiries.

1st: How do you use custom Ison Sheets I tried and tried and triedn but I coulnd't get them to display anything, they only displayed a blank window box. can you explain extactly i need to add, I tried

<ITBSheet: TurnIcon.png 4 1>

and 

<ITBSheet: TurnIcon 4 1>

Edit Forget about this, I dind't knew I actually had to add 4 1 to the FILE name :p

2nd: Probably a bug or something like that, when using Yanlfy Battle A.I. Core, the enemy extra action only work +2, with this I mean that if the character has 1 extra action he only has one turn, but when he has 2 extra action, he gets 1 extra turn, if he has 4 extra action he actually only acts 3 times. don't know if I explained myself, and this only happens with Battle Ai of Yanfly.

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Ok sorry for double posting, but I found another incopatibility with Yanfly Battle A.I. the enemy doesn't get extra turn if hitting player weakness, I deactivate it and everything works as normal, so for the mean time I'm going to not use Yanfly Batler A.I.

You Plug-In is still as awsome as ever.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Always coming up with things I didn't know I needed!

Anyways, I was wondering if you could have a demo or something visual so that I can have an idea of what I'm doing for setting up the visual turn order. 

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
It appears there's an incompatibility issue with Yanfly's Instant Cast. Enemies seam to ignore the instant cast tag and automatically end their turn.

Have you tried with this?

" Use <free_itb_action:1> as a skill notetag to prevent
 that skill from consuming an action for the battler - they will be able to act
 again after the skill is used. "

Don't use yanfly istant cast, he said it won't work...also the strange shaking is a known issue as far as i can read on head topic

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I have a question....  How exactly does this work?  I thought it based the order on attacks by the AGI of actors/enemies...  But that doesn't seem to be the case since I raised one of my actors AGI to over THREE [3x] times all the others and nothing changed.  The order continued at the same pace and everything.  There was absolutely nothing different.  In fact, it seems like this is a set pattern from the get go...  Actor 1 > Enemy > Enemy > Actor 2 > Etc.

So how does this work exactly?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to change the default system used by YEP Battle Engine Core from dtb to itb

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to change the default system used by YEP Battle Engine Core from dtb to itb

I did that...  if I didn't then the order would be actor > actor > enemy > enemy

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is is placed in the end of the combat plugins list?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well first I'm going to say I love this system is so fun and much more dynamic than the default one, so thank you co much for creating it :D

The I have some inquiries.

1st: How do you use custom Ison Sheets I tried and tried and triedn but I coulnd't get them to display anything, they only displayed a blank window box. can you explain extactly i need to add, I tried

<ITBSheet: TurnIcon.png 4 1>

and 

<ITBSheet: TurnIcon 4 1>

Edit Forget about this, I dind't knew I actually had to add 4 1 to the FILE name :p

2nd: Probably a bug or something like that, when using Yanlfy Battle A.I. Core, the enemy extra action only work +2, with this I mean that if the character has 1 extra action he only has one turn, but when he has 2 extra action, he gets 1 extra turn, if he has 4 extra action he actually only acts 3 times. don't know if I explained myself, and this only happens with Battle Ai of Yanfly.

2nd: I'll look into it and fix in the next version.

Always coming up with things I didn't know I needed!

Anyways, I was wondering if you could have a demo or something visual so that I can have an idea of what I'm doing for setting up the visual turn order. 

I will with the next version.

Ok, I have a question....  How exactly does this work?  I thought it based the order on attacks by the AGI of actors/enemies...  But that doesn't seem to be the case since I raised one of my actors AGI to over THREE [3x] times all the others and nothing changed.  The order continued at the same pace and everything.  There was absolutely nothing different.  In fact, it seems like this is a set pattern from the get go...  Actor 1 > Enemy > Enemy > Actor 2 > Etc.

So how does this work exactly?

I have just tested and I was able to change the turn order by raising the agility of the actor. Please start a new project and recreate the error in as a few steps as possible. Then let me know the steps you took to recreate the error.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a little simplistic, but it does support entering custom pronouns.
Uugh, got a passive aggressive complaint at work and now I'm not sure how to respond...
I really wish I could find work with a similar schedule to my gf(10-5 or 11-6)
I need some moneys >.>
I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betamoka