emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
If you actually managed to read my problem forget about it, it was my own fault sorry, I erased some notetags and that was the problem, silly me :p

I like thew pop up compatibility, thank you, haven't tested the ai yet but going to do it soon, :p

Tested it: and now it work! thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Squirrelzone

Expert at being lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(since you said to post in this thread instead) is there a way to shrink the faces and the box at the same time instead of shrinking the box and having the faces cutoff?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(since you said to post in this thread instead) is there a way to shrink the faces and the box at the same time instead of shrinking the box and having the faces cutoff?

There are parameters to change the width and height of turn window (separate for horizontal and vertical). As for the faces, you would only need to resize/edit the image you way you want.

Izeck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make the turn image change depending on my main actors current face image.

I know this is super wrong, but this is what i have. The "else" part works fine, but I, unsurprisingly, can't get the main part to work.

if faceName = (Skip,0)

<ITBSheet:Skip>

<ITBSheetIndex: 0>

else

<ITBSheet:Skye>

end

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make the turn image change depending on my main actors current face image.

I know this is super wrong, but this is what i have. The "else" part works fine, but I, unsurprisingly, can't get the main part to work.

if faceName = (Skip,0)

<ITBSheet:Skip>

else

<ITBSheet:Skye>

end

No, it's not possible to have code from the notebox run without being handled specifically by a plugin.

In an update I'll add an option to use an eval for the sheet and sheet index so you can use code to determine it. I'll let you know how to do it when I do.

Izeck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DreamX

I see. So if my  main character can be either male or female, there is no way to change/select the face image?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DreamX

I see. So if my  main character can be either male or female, there is no way to change/select the face image?

If you're using only one actor for the main character, but not right now, but I will be making an update that will allow you to do so.

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is really nice! I was in the camp of people trying to make this kind of system with the CTB, frustrated by the under-the-hood mechanics doing things I wasn't into. This seems to be just what I'm looking for. :)

Do you have any plans to add functionality to move targets around in the turn order? Maybe something like a command usable in skill notetags that can increase/decrease turn order position for a or b (user or target)? Adding a feature like this could open up a lot of strategy with this kind of battle system.

The implementation would differ from the CTB slightly, since turn order is essentially reset each time it loops, unlike CTB where it's a steady stream of actions happening. Since it resets every loop, maybe you might have to specify how many "turns" (loops) the order movement lasts for. It gets a little messy here, especially when you try to push the last actor in the list back.

Say if you had four battle members:

A, B, C, D

If A used a skill to push C back one in the order for 1 turn, it'd just do this:

A, B, D, C (then A, B, C, D next loop)

But if A used it on D, would it be:

A, B, C (then A, D, B, C, D next loop, since this technically pushes D back by 1?)

What if the push back lasted 2 turns? Would it be:

A, B, C (then A, D, B, C next loop, then A, D, B, C, D the next time, effectively pushing D back by 1 for two loops?)

Then there is the pushing ahead situation working oddly. If C uses it on A, would the current turn become:

B, C, A, D (then B, C, D next turn, as not to give A an extra turn?)

This could look a little cleaner if the plugin showed two loops maybe, so the next turns wouldn't look so odd when someone who already acted that loop gets pushed ahead, and when the last actor gets pushed back. This is also technically accomplished by simply adjusting Agility with states and all that, but if you wanted a specific order movement, the actual effect the Agility adjustment has would be dependent on everyone's Agility, so it might adjust turn order by more, less, or nothing at all.

Sorry, this is kind of a mess. What are your thoughts on all this junk? Again, thanks for the great plugin!

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really nice! I was in the camp of people trying to make this kind of system with the CTB, frustrated by the under-the-hood mechanics doing things I wasn't into. This seems to be just what I'm looking for. :)

Do you have any plans to add functionality to move targets around in the turn order? Maybe something like a command usable in skill notetags that can increase/decrease turn order position for a or b (user or target)? Adding a feature like this could open up a lot of strategy with this kind of battle system.

The implementation would differ from the CTB slightly, since turn order is essentially reset each time it loops, unlike CTB where it's a steady stream of actions happening. Since it resets every loop, maybe you might have to specify how many "turns" (loops) the order movement lasts for. It gets a little messy here, especially when you try to push the last actor in the list back.

Say if you had four battle members:

A, B, C, D

If A used a skill to push C back one in the order for 1 turn, it'd just do this:

A, B, D, C (then A, B, C, D next loop)

But if A used it on D, would it be:

A, B, C (then A, D, B, C, D next loop, since this technically pushes D back by 1?)

What if the push back lasted 2 turns? Would it be:

A, B, C (then A, D, B, C next loop, then A, D, B, C, D the next time, effectively pushing D back by 1 for two loops?)

Then there is the pushing ahead situation working oddly. If C uses it on A, would the current turn become:

B, C, A, D (then B, C, D next turn, as not to give A an extra turn?)

This could look a little cleaner if the plugin showed two loops maybe, so the next turns wouldn't look so odd when someone who already acted that loop gets pushed ahead, and when the last actor gets pushed back. This is also technically accomplished by simply adjusting Agility with states and all that, but if you wanted a specific order movement, the actual effect the Agility adjustment has would be dependent on everyone's Agility, so it might adjust turn order by more, less, or nothing at all.

Sorry, this is kind of a mess. What are your thoughts on all this junk? Again, thanks for the great plugin!

Seconding this request, if it's possible- I've been looking for this exact combination of battle system and delay mechanics for a while.

On which note, this is exactly the battle system I've been looking for and will probably use it extensively.

Traitor Cake

Rambling Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
DreamX, I have a bug to report. It looks like the latest version of Yanfly's Battle AI Core, v1.08, has broken the compatibility code you put in this plugin. The function that you override to maintain compatibility, BattleManager.updateAIPatterns(), is no longer called from anywhere, and different code is used to provide Dynamic AI updates. As such, if using the ITB with Yanfly's Battle AI Core with Dynamic AI turned on, the fastest enemy in a battle will get an infinite number of turns after the end of normal turn order, and the party will only ever get to go once.

As a workaround for anyone else hitting this, turning off Dynamic AI in the Battle AI Core settings fixes the problem. This might seem like a dealbreaker, since Dynamic AI is definitely something you'd want when using the ITB. But based on some limited testing, it looks to me like the ITB always triggers Dynamic AI, regardless of the settings in Battle AI Core.

My apologies if this is redundant, DreamX, but in case it's useful for you, here are some more technical details I noticed while I was debugging:

It looks like ITB does its own action processing (in BattleManager.getReadyITBBattler(), among other places) independent of the default RMMV action processing. (BattleManager.updateTurn()) However, even though all actions happen during the ITB action processing, the default action processing still happens. First all the ITB actions are processed, and then all the normal actions are processed, and then the turn ends. When Battle AI Core isn't in the picture, this works out to be fine. By the time the default processing happens, every actor and enemy has exhausted their actions during ITB action processing and has nothing to do, so the default processing performs no actions.

However, with Yanfly's Battle AI Core installed and Dynamic AI turned on, the enemies will pick new actions when their default processing step comes up. They will then take an action. Since the ITB is programmed assuming actions only take place during the ITB action processing, this will trigger code not meant to trigger during default processing, which will restart the whole action processing process. No one has any ITB turns left to perform, so that part is a no-op, but the default processing is started over from the beginning. This is why only the fastest enemy goes. As soon as any enemy gets an action during default action processing, the default action processing restarts, which gives that enemy another action, and so on ad infinitum.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the info and support everyone. I'll update the plugin the newest version for Battle A.I. Core when I can. In the meantime, you can try doing as @Traitor Cake said and turn dynamic ai off and see if that works.

As for delay request stuff, I'll see what I can do about it.

desukarhu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Does the instant action not work for normal attack skill? Is it <free_itb_action:1> or just <free_itb_action> for instant action? I've seen both in this topic, but neither seem to work for me. I want my default attack to never end turn until the player runs out of mana and uses a different "End turn" skill.

Edit: Yeah it seems to work when I moved the normal attack into a skill that you use from the skills list. Is it possible to make it work with attack command?

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
DreamX : when I saw that Yanfly was stopping support for CTB, I was very disappointed. And then I saw your ITB and I find it even more awesome.

So I wanted to really thank you for this plugin. It is amazing.

Just a question though : will you continue to update this for a long time and will you keep it compatible with yanfly's future plugins releases ? (ok that's two questions ^^)

Thanks again, really.

EDIT : I may have caught a little problem. When one of my character is the first to act in battle, before an enemy, then I can flee multiple times, it doesn't pass his turn (actually, I've always succeeded in fleeing the second time, because my agi was not far from the enemy, otherwise he would have acted first). If the enemy acts first, then I only get one chance to flee before he acts again, as it should be.

Can anyone confirm this ?

whoami

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Here's another quick bug report.

If a battler is inflicted with a state with the restriction "Attack an enemy," they won't take any action. Everything else continues as normal.

Here's a quick demo with only the necessary plug-ins. I gave Harold a skill that will inflict Rage on himself. After which he will do nothing until the state is removed.

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have two questions. First, are there any known incompatibilities with any of Hime's plugins (I use a lot of them). Also, is there a way to force agility adjustments to be applied at the end of the turn?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the bug reports. I'll fix them when I can.

I have two questions. First, are there any known incompatibilities with any of Hime's plugins (I use a lot of them). Also, is there a way to force agility adjustments to be applied at the end of the turn?

I don't know of any in particular, but any battle plugin could have incompatibilities.

By that do you mean agility adjustments would wait until the end of the turn?

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, I want to wait until the end of the turn to apply agility adjustments.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It seems there is a bug when using a healing spell that heals all the allies and the free turn notetag. The character who uses the spell gets a free turn for every character he has healed. If there are two in the party he will be able to act twice (not counting the healing itself, which is supposed to be  free turn). If there are 4 characters he will be able to act 4 times in a row.

It seems to happen with every spell that has the notetag <free_itb_action> and which targets all the allies.

When it targets the enemies, it works as it should.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633