Instant Turn Battle

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Hey man! Long time! I'm wondering is there anyway to put image as the background of Turn Order, behind actor image?

BTW Such a piece you create! I can see how complicated this is by looking at your description. Many thanks!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Don't get what this is for.

Also if I may make a suggestion, how about an extra turn on a crit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't get what this is for.

Also if I may make a suggestion, how about an extra turn on a crit?

It looks like it's trying to make an icon for either no image, or no battler, the former more likely.

And I second the idea of more options to trigger the "one more," possibly via plugin command  so I could make more exotic conditions. Stuff like a perfect result on a timed hit, or having the right passive ability and getting a kill.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Due to the nature of this battle system, when an actor uses Guard, the action takes place immediately, so when the enemy actually takes the actor is no longer guarding.

Is this expected or is there a known workaround?

Really appreciate this script btw!

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterlobo The guard effect takes place through the guard state, so you just need to extend the state's duration something that's still active when the enemy acts. A simple way is to switch it to "end of action" removal instead of end of turn. You can do more complex removal timing with other plugins, too.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@masterlobo The guard effect takes place through the guard state, so you just need to extend the state's duration something that's still active when the enemy acts. A simple way is to switch it to "end of action" removal instead of end of turn. You can do more complex removal timing with other plugins, too.

Oops, that did the trick

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
EDIT: Just checked the previous page and noticed that this was already reported. Whoops!

Just thought I'd point this out.

There's a compatibility issue (maybe not really a bug) with Yanfly's Battle A.I. Core. 

If you have Battle A.I. Core installed, you MUST set the "Dynamic Actions" parameter to false. If it's set to true, you'll eventually run into an error where the enemy gets endless turns during battle. Dynamic Actions makes it so that the A.I. decides which action to use on the spot, instead of at the beginning of every turn. So it makes me wonder if this battle system will suffer from what would otherwise be a smart A.I. if we're not able to use feature.

Kinda worries me a little bit.

@DreamX If this isn't a bug, I think this is important to place in the instructions of the plugin.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my god, i was trying to figure out why i was getting this bug D:

Funny thing is that there was no bug related to AI before.

cubanvirus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could someone post an image of what the "Display Turn Order" option is supposed to output?

In my project I have the "Show Turn Order" option set to "True," and my "Hero" character has the following notetags:

<ITBSheet: Actors 2 4>
<ITBSheetIndex: 1>

I also copied one of the default face sets and renamed it "Actors 2 4.png." No other settings where changed. The image below is my result:

img.png

Is this what the proper output of this option should be, or have I misunderstood something?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Could someone post an image of what the "Display Turn Order" option is supposed to output?

In my project I have the "Show Turn Order" option set to "True," and my "Hero" character has the following notetags:

<ITBSheet: Actors 2 4>
<ITBSheetIndex: 1>

I also copied one of the default face sets and renamed it "Actors 2 4.png." No other settings where changed. The image below is my result:

View attachment 49377

Is this what the proper output of this option should be, or have I misunderstood something?
  • You need to set the size of the faceset in the plugins. This doesn't have to be a faceset, but you could make a separate iconsheet that has the right configuations.
  • Set the turn sheet columns and widths to whatever. For the default faces this would be 2 columns and 4 rows.
  • Don't forget that the first faceset (top-left) has its index number as 0.

cubanvirus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
  • You need to set the size of the faceset in the plugins. This doesn't have to be a faceset, but you could make a separate iconsheet that has the right configuations.
  • Set the turn sheet columns and widths to whatever. For the default faces this would be 2 columns and 4 rows.
  • Don't forget that the first faceset (top-left) has its index number as 0.

I'm sorry, but what is the "size" of the faceset? Do you mean the "Turn Sheet Columns" and "Turn Sheet Rows"? By default, both are set to 2 columns and 4 rows, but there doesn't seem to be a parameter to set the pixel size of the faceset.

The parameters of the Turn Order Window are as follows:

[sblock]

• Show Turn Orders
    Prevent Cutoff
    Generate Default Icons
    Hide On Battle Results
    Show Dead Battlers
    Action Display Type
    Max Action # Icons
    Action # Text Min
    Action # Text X
    Action # Text Y
    Action # Font Size
    Show Plural Text
    Plural Text X
    Plural Text Y
    Plural Text Size
    Turn Sheet Folder
    Default Turn Sheet
    Turn Sheet Columns
    Turn Sheet Rows
    Turn Window Orientation
    Turn Window Width (Horizontal)
    Turn Window Width (Vertical)
    Turn Window Height (Horizontal)
    Turn Window Height (Vertical)
    Turn Window X (Horizontal)
    Turn Window X (Vertical)
    Turn Window Y (Horizontal)
    Turn Window Y (Vertical)
    Turn Window Opacity
    Turn Window Padding
    Icon Spacing
    Max Icons
    Show Next Turn
    Show End Turn Icon
    End Turn Sheet
    End Turn Sheet Index

[/sblock]

I've also tried using the "Generate Battle Icons" option, which according to the comments should "Show generated icons if a sheet name and index isn't specified," but I still seem to get identical results.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm sorry, but what is the "size" of the faceset? Do you mean the "Turn Sheet Columns" and "Turn Sheet Rows"? By default, both are set to 2 columns and 4 rows, but there doesn't seem to be a parameter to set the pixel size of the faceset.
That was an error but I had no problem with using 32 x 32 icons so I'm sure you can use facesets without trouble, but they may take up too much of the screen.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use facesets cropped so they won't take much space

cubanvirus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That was an error but I had no problem with using 32 x 32 icons so I'm sure you can use facesets without trouble, but they may take up too much of the screen.

I use facesets cropped so they won't take much space

Just to confirm, both of you DO get output within the turn order window that appears at the top of the screen by default, correct?

Because I've tried generating icons, assigning default facesets, increasing the columns/rows of the faceset (which would chop it into smaller pieces, but if the images were too large it would at least allow them to display,) and still get nothing but an empty window. I'm using no other plugins but the YEP_BattleEngineCore. 

Would one of you be willing to screencap your battle screen so I could see what the intended output is supposed to look like?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's weird...mine is not showing as well. Well, it's appearing with Vertical option.

EDIT: I don't remember if DreamX updated the plugin or not or if it has to do with YEP Battle Core update

Just add the index tag to the actor/ enemy. You can write the name of the file and how many rows or coluns it has in the plugin parameters.

Sem título.jpg

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just to confirm, both of you DO get output within the turn order window that appears at the top of the screen by default, correct?

Because I've tried generating icons, assigning default facesets, increasing the columns/rows of the faceset (which would chop it into smaller pieces, but if the images were too large it would at least allow them to display,) and still get nothing but an empty window. I'm using no other plugins but the YEP_BattleEngineCore. 

Would one of you be willing to screencap your battle screen so I could see what the intended output is supposed to look like?
I wouldn't recommend auto generation. I got nothing out of it.

cubanvirus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's weird...mine is not showing as well. Well, it's appearing with Vertical option.

EDIT: I don't remember if DreamX updated the plugin or not or if it has to do with YEP Battle Core update
Well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one. I was able to delete my project and restart it to get it to work, though. As I'd removed and re-added both plugins multiple times during testing, I'm curious if it's not an issue with the project files themselves.  It could also be a conflict with something in Yanfly's Battle Core, like you said, but as I'm able to get it to work sometimes I really don't know.

Strange.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one. I was able to delete my project and restart it to get it to work, though. As I'd removed and re-added both plugins multiple times during testing, I'm curious if it's not an issue with the project files themselves.  It could also be a conflict with something in Yanfly's Battle Core, like you said, but as I'm able to get it to work sometimes I really don't know.

Strange.
If starting a new project helped, maybe it was because you hadn't updated your MV files themselves. Some plugins do require the MV 1.3 core files in order to work.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided to try out ITB and noticed one bug. If someone gets afflicted by a state with 'attack an enemy' as its restriction, they skip their turn instead of attacking automatically. In addition, if the state's duration is set to Action End, the duration won't decrease at all; states with duration set to Turn End will expire eventually but the actor or enemy affected with the state won't be able to act while they have the state.

Here's a sample project to demonstrate the bug. Talk to the Orc NPC to begin the battle and use first Berserk (for Turn End state effect) and then Battle Rage (for the Action End state effect, which should lead to Harold not receiving another turn before the Orc defeats him).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuw5crwd949a0h0/ITB%20Test.rar?dl=0

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Haven't had a lot of time but wanted to let you all know that I want to start working on this against next weekend and address all feedback, including fixing any remaining bugs.

Thanks for trying the plugin and giving me feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.
1 million messages is approaching. Some say the true identity of the legendary Maker is gonna be revealed. I mean come on, the legendary Maker is just a myth.....
Yes it took me this long to make a basic cape. :p Here is a shady necromancer elf to model it.

I dub him Nyxiel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lord_James