Instant Turn Battle

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot for letting us know ! This plugin is really amazing, so it's great to know you will keep updating it.

Zeustiak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey DreamX!   I recently found out that Yanfly's ATB isn't actually supported anymore, but I want a battle turn system that takes the agility into account.  Does your ITB system have the same drawbacks that Yanfly mentioned when he discontinued ATB/CTB support?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CTB/ATB uses ticks and ITB does not, actors has their turns ordered by AGI which determines the current cycle till there's a change on AGI and then the cycle changes.

So, no, there's no issue at all.

Zeustiak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I will have to give it a try!

Edit:  Ok, so I got ITB working with the icons and everything showing, but the enemy seems to infinitely use basic attacks until I am dead.  It does not reflect this in the turn order.  He uses his first turn, his icon disappears, and then it is on my character, but the enemy just keeps attacking.  I scrubbed the ITB plugin and YEP BattleEngineCore but couldn't figure out why this is happening....  Any ideas?

By the way, great plugin!  As others have previously mentioned in this thread, I would also like the ability to have extra turns automatically assigned based on agility disparity.  One battler with twice the agility of another should get twice as many turns.  

Last edited by a moderator:

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, I will have to give it a try!

Edit:  Ok, so I got ITB working with the icons and everything showing, but the enemy seems to infinitely use basic attacks until I am dead.  It does not reflect this in the turn order.  He uses his first turn, his icon disappears, and then it is on my character, but the enemy just keeps attacking.  I scrubbed the ITB plugin and YEP BattleEngineCore but couldn't figure out why this is happening....  Any ideas?

By the way, great plugin!  As others have previously mentioned in this thread, I would also like the ability to have extra turns automatically assigned based on agility disparity.  One battler with twice the agility of another should get twice as many turns.  
Are you using Yanflys Enemy AI plugin?  If so you have to turn the dynamic AI option off on it.  It conflicts with the ITB and causes that glitch.

Zeustiak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, when I read through the threat I thought that had been addressed.  Fixed, thanks!

Thestormgod

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
There seems to be a compatibility issue with Yanfly's Enemy AI pluggin, something similar to what the first problem on this threat happens in which an enemy keeps getting turns endlessly, I've tried to put the pluggin both at the very bottom of the list and even tried to see if putting the enemy AI pluggin below it, but nothing seemed to correct it. I'm sure it's because of the Enemy AI because I isolated it and when turned off this plugin works perfectly, even if all my other pluggins are on.

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
There seems to be a compatibility issue with Yanfly's Enemy AI pluggin, something similar to what the first problem on this threat happens in which an enemy keeps getting turns endlessly, I've tried to put the pluggin both at the very bottom of the list and even tried to see if putting the enemy AI pluggin below it, but nothing seemed to correct it. I'm sure it's because of the Enemy AI because I isolated it and when turned off this plugin works perfectly, even if all my other pluggins are on.

Hi there!

This issue has a partial fix, but it hasn't yet adressed by DreamX, to be able to work with this plug in and yanfly ai you need to turn off the Dynamic Actions, this plugin follows Yanfly instructions already so you don't need to worry about not being able to use the ai at full capacity.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want that, you should probably try using one of the existing "provide bonus turns by agility" plugins (I know Galv has one), or using the original CTB system from Yanfly. ITB's biggest advantage over CTB is that it doesn't mess with turn frequency based on agility (and therefore breaks less often and is easier to configure).

Zeustiak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you want that, you should probably try using one of the existing "provide bonus turns by agility" plugins (I know Galv has one), or using the original CTB system from Yanfly. ITB's biggest advantage over CTB is that it doesn't mess with turn frequency based on agility (and therefore breaks less often and is easier to configure).
Thanks.  I think in the end having characters with numerous extra turns could break quite a few other systems such as states, so I may instead focus on skills that grant limited extra turns, multiple hits per attack, etc.  

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey @DreamX so I started looking through this, but I'm still not sure exactly what the functional difference, between this and yanfly's plugin. I mean I know his is discontinued, but its working and so I'm not sure if I should switch. 

Using your plugin would I still be able to do a battle system like ffx, and are you working with compatibility for yanfly's plugins?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @DreamX so I started looking through this, but I'm still not sure exactly what the functional difference, between this and yanfly's plugin. I mean I know his is discontinued, but its working and so I'm not sure if I should switch. 

Using your plugin would I still be able to do a battle system like ffx, and are you working with compatibility for yanfly's plugins?

The biggest difference is that ITB doesn't use ticks, so no, it's not really FFX-style like CTB was. ITB has you pick your action when you come up in turn order, and then take the action immediately, instead of everyone choosing at the start. It's got other features, too, but that's the big contrast.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thats pretty much just like 10 though, I guess I'm just not seeing the functional difference between whether there are ticks or not.

I mean from a gameplay perspective you never even seen the ticks, so the only thing I can think that'd be different is that you couldn't easily make different actions faster or slower to preform.

If thats the only thing though that's not to big of a deal.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wirth tcks - turn order changes when Agility changes on the current cycle.

Without ticks - turn order changes on the next cycle no matter what.

It's a big difference.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks Kovak, if that's the case its definitely not what I'm looking for, plus I saw last night that it requires yanfly's core, so still not usable with victors throw. I'll probably still look at it though to see the turn order display. It really sounded like DreamX did a amazing job on that.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try VE ATB and see if it's possible to make it closer to CTB

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh nice didn't know victor had a atb, I'll look at it, changing it from atb to ctb shouldn't be too hard. I just hate coding in the battle system I don't know why it just makes my head spin trying to follow the code for battle systems lol. That's why I love it when people code out new battle systems even if I don't use them it gives them mad respect in my eyes.

EGStryker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, DreamX! Before anything else, I would like to say that this is such a great plugin. Exactly what I wanted for my game. :) I just like to report a minor bug wherein when doing Force Action via battle events it messes up the turns and only the player can take actions. I do not know if it's caused by other plugins but the case is similar with the bug where enemies take actions infinitely when Dynamic Actions in Yanfly's battle engine is turned to true.

So, yeah, that's about it so far. Haven't had any issues with the plugin aside from that. Thank you :)

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to make it so the player can choose which party member to use first when their Agility levels (or whatever is used to determine their turn speed) are equal?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to make it so the player can choose which party member to use first when their Agility levels (or whatever is used to determine their turn speed) are equal?
That's not in my current plans but I'll considering adding it.

-

Okay, I really want to start working on this again. I'm going to ask anyone with a bug report to do the following:

1. Use this to make a demo showing the problem in as few steps as possible.

2. Make sure that Dynamic Actions is turned off in Yanfly Battle AI Core if you're using it.

3. Update the project to the latest MV version.

4. Upload it to dropbox.com

5. Put the link and a description of the problem and the steps you took to create it.

Also if you have a reasonable and small feature request you can post it (post it again if you already made it, sorry). I'm going to focus on bugs but I'll consider feature updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.
1 million messages is approaching. Some say the true identity of the legendary Maker is gonna be revealed. I mean come on, the legendary Maker is just a myth.....
Yes it took me this long to make a basic cape. :p Here is a shady necromancer elf to model it.

I dub him Nyxiel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lord_James