ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @DreamX, do you know if your ITB works with any of Victor's other plugins besides the damage popup? I've been thinking about switching a bunch of my Yanfly battle plugins over to VE battle plugins instead, and I was just wondering if you'd tested it or were interested in making VE and your ITB compatible. S'cool either way, I'm just asking. o3ob

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @DreamX, do you know if your ITB works with any of Victor's other plugins besides the damage popup? I've been thinking about switching a bunch of my Yanfly battle plugins over to VE battle plugins instead, and I was just wondering if you'd tested it or were interested in making VE and your ITB compatible. S'cool either way, I'm just asking. o3ob
I'm going to keep the YEP Battle Engine Core requirement. Beyond that, I'll consider making patches for Victor's plugins that are compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to keep the YEP Battle Engine Core requirement. Beyond that, I'll consider making patches for Victor's plugins that are compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core.
Roger that. I was going to try using VE Battle Motions and VE Battler Graphic Setup as an alternative to YEP Action Sequences. I really love ITB so I wanna stick with it. <3

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX The ability to trigger the "one more" effect via a single script or plugin command would be useful, if you wanted effects like "one more on crit," "one more on kill," or even "one more if you heal an ally to full."

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I don't know if this will be usefull for others, but in my case an automatic skip actor turn when certain conditions are met(like no more action point to use, or mana or whatever).

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if this will be usefull for others, but in my case an automatic skip actor turn when certain conditions are met(like no more action point to use, or mana or whatever).
 If the conditions are an eval, that could be incredibly useful for making custom "berserker" states, or multi-turn charge skills that still use the character's place in turn order. If second that if it's within scope.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DreamX The ability to trigger the "one more" effect via a single script or plugin command would be useful, if you wanted effects like "one more on crit," "one more on kill," or even "one more if you heal an ally to full."
battler.addITBActions(x);

with x as the number of actions

example using first party member to add 2 actions:

$gameParty.members()[0].addITBActions(2);

Try using Yanfly Auto Passive States, with a state that has a restriction "cannot move", set the condition to whatever you want.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Try using Yanfly Auto Passive States, with a state that has a restriction "cannot move", set the condition to whatever you want.

In my case i think i have to do a check on every skill to verify if it is doable with the current MP pool, is it possible? I'm not so proeficent with eval ;_;

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RogdagoR While it's still marginally complicated, I'm fairly sure a good for loop over the player's list of known skills could solve your problem in a handful of lines.

On the other hand, if you want to know when they have no action points or mp or whatever? Just check if the value is zero. I'd assume even if they don't have much MP they can probably still use some kind of attack, or they have a 1-AP move in their list?

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm copy-pasting two of my previous "bug reports" so they stay visible now that you are back :)

I know it doesn't follow your protocol but I don't have time to configure a demo right now (I don't even have time to work on my game actually). If it's really too problematic, I will make the demo when I have more free time. So here are the two bugs. They should be very easy to replicate even without the demo :

1) I may have caught a little problem. When one of my character is the first to act in battle, before an enemy, then I can flee multiple times, it doesn't pass his turn (actually, I've always succeeded in fleeing the second time, because my agi was not far from the enemy, otherwise he would have acted first). If the enemy acts first, then I only get one chance to flee before he acts again, as it should be.

2)It seems there is a bug when using a healing spell that heals all the allies and the free turn notetag. The character who uses the spell gets a free turn for every character he has healed. If there are two in the party he will be able to act twice (not counting the healing itself, which is supposed to be  free turn). If there are 4 characters he will be able to act 4 times in a row.

It seems to happen with every spell that has the notetag <free_itb_action> and which targets all the allies.

When it targets the enemies, it works as it should.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm copy-pasting two of my previous "bug reports" so they stay visible now that you are back :)

I know it doesn't follow your protocol but I don't have time to configure a demo right now (I don't even have time to work on my game actually). If it's really too problematic, I will make the demo when I have more free time. So here are the two bugs. They should be very easy to replicate even without the demo :

1) I may have caught a little problem. When one of my character is the first to act in battle, before an enemy, then I can flee multiple times, it doesn't pass his turn (actually, I've always succeeded in fleeing the second time, because my agi was not far from the enemy, otherwise he would have acted first). If the enemy acts first, then I only get one chance to flee before he acts again, as it should be.

2)It seems there is a bug when using a healing spell that heals all the allies and the free turn notetag. The character who uses the spell gets a free turn for every character he has healed. If there are two in the party he will be able to act twice (not counting the healing itself, which is supposed to be  free turn). If there are 4 characters he will be able to act 4 times in a row.

It seems to happen with every spell that has the notetag <free_itb_action> and which targets all the allies.

When it targets the enemies, it works as it should.
v1.19:

-Fixes bug that gives an extra action for every ally targeted with a skill with the <free_itb_action> notetag

1) I am not able to reproduce this escape error. If you get the chance to make a demo that would be very helpful.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
If you can't reproduce it, maybe it came from my end, so I will definitely try to reproduce it in a demo. I'll let you know.

Thanks for fixing the other one :)

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
@Doktor_Q no, actually every single action use MP or AP(like attack, change role, use items), you can choose to skip turn to get more MP or AP the next turn for stronger skills or combos. I just can keep the player hit the "skill" for skip turn, but a sort of "automatic" skip i feel will help the flow of combat.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Doktor_Q no, actually every single action use MP or AP(like attack, change role, use items), you can choose to skip turn to get more MP or AP the next turn for stronger skills or combos. I just can keep the player hit the "skill" for skip turn, but a sort of "automatic" skip i feel will help the flow of combat.
Have you tried the passive state I talked about?

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
@DreamX sorry i missed that one :D so not yet, I think it should work but i don't know what to write in there to compare all skill cost to current MP, need to put on a mock-up for testing...actually i have everything on paper and a few testing setups

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @DreamX, sorry for taking so long in making a proper bug report.

Bug Explanation: If a battler gets a state with 'attack an enemy' restriction, they will automatically skip their turn. If the state is set to expire upon 'Action End', it doesn't expire at all, rendering the battler helpless unless the state is removed by other means.

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Speak with the NPC to start battle. Try using the two skills on the bottom of Harold's skill list (i.e. Auto Attack (Turn End) and Auto Attack (Action End)).

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r47t494tbq8dn9s/ITB%20Bug%20Test.rar?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi @DreamX, sorry for taking so long in making a proper bug report.

Bug Explanation: If a battler gets a state with 'attack an enemy' restriction, they will automatically skip their turn. If the state is set to expire upon 'Action End', it doesn't expire at all, rendering the battler helpless unless the state is removed by other means.

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Speak with the NPC to start battle. Try using the two skills on the bottom of Harold's skill list (i.e. Auto Attack (Turn End) and Auto Attack (Action End)).

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r47t494tbq8dn9s/ITB%20Bug%20Test.rar?dl=0
Please upload it without deploying it.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a tiny request: For the  1MORE! popup, is it possible to change it's timing so that it appears at the END of an actor's turn rather than immediately after the damage is applied? For example, I have an actor who hits twice (attack times +1) for a normal attack, and the 1MORE! popup appears after her first attack. I'd like it to appear when the turn is completed instead. I could, in theory, just add a lot of waits to the popup action, but then the timing would be really off for skills and other actor's attacks.

[EDIT] ....actually now that I think about it, that would be kinda weird if you allowed for more than one extra turn. Request still stands, but it sounds a little more improbable now.

Tacking on to this req though, it'd be awesome if there was the ability to add an animation (like a burst of light, for example) when the 1MORE! pops up too. But that might be asking a bit much. ^^a

Last edited by a moderator:

CombatJazz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, real quick bug report, purely visual and not a huge deal but it does bug me a little - if I get a ONE MORE! from hitting an enemy with a single target skill of appropriate element, and there is ANOTHER enemy weak to the same thing, and I hit them (and they're different enemies), like with an AoE ability or just targeting them I get a second ONE MORE! pop up (but no extra turn, because I made it to only have 1)

Is this a problem anyone else has encountered? And if so, would anyone know how to resolve it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.
Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like