HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a music course this semester, and it's made me a little more enthusiastic towards music as a whole again. So, I thought I'd ask what instruments you guys play and/or want to play. Feel free to share some clips of your playing as well. :kaojoy:

I'll go first. I've played the piano for a few years now, I'm learning the French Horn in music class (that was not my instrument of choice, though, sadly). There are a few instruments I wouldn't mind playing. Clarinet, cello/violin, harp, and some other assorted woodwinds/ brass.

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instruments I played: Guitar, electric guitar, keyboard, kompang and this:

Instruments I wish I want to play: drum, sitar, bagpipe, accordion, and this:

And here’s what I’m playing:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instruments I play: None
Instruments I want to play: All of them

I wish I would have explored my musical talents (if I have any) when I was younger. For whatever reason, I just never did. :(

Citali

MUNCHKINS
Reaction score
First Language
Cat
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been playing the piano, cello and harp since I was a child.
My dream is to play the accordion and the erhu.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Awwwwww~! Me too I wish as much as I could juggle to play well instruments. It would be nice a small Ukulele (actually I made myself a ukulizard ;) ) or my shoulby (I think they call it a keytar nowadays). So I could busk not just acapella and miming and doing the live statue/automaton. :)

Snow White

Worst case Senerio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've actually really gotten into playing the ukulele :wub *haha*
(I don't have any footage of me playing though 'cause I'm kinda shy and I can't sing for toffee :rswt)

And I feel bad now 'cause I have a Clarinet but I haven't really played it much . . . (note to self: practise more!!! XD)

Something I would really like to learn to play is the Lute, (of all things! XD) But they're so darn expensive . . .

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, the lute. I'd forgotten about that. I'm not the only one going old fashioned then. XD

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first instruments were the violin and viola. A year later I started alto saxophone and flute. I also play some piano and love writing on the piano, but I don't like to play for people as I mostly use it as a composing tool. To a lesser extent, I can play mandolin (since the strings and finger patterns are the same as the violin) and some Irish flutes and whistles. I did take some taiko and djembe, but those were more of a fun thing for me. What I'd really, really love to learn is acoustic guitar and harp. I'd also love a cello. I can play but I don't have much practice on it.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HexMozart88 Oh, don't do that! If it makes you feel any better, violin and viola are the only ones I'd consider myself at a mastered level. I've been playing music since before kindergarten so I've had a lot of time to dabble with a lot. The beauty of learning one instrument is it tends to have a lot in common with others.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, I just play the cello (sorta) ! I'm a total idiot compared to all of you lmao

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not even at a mastered level of piano. I've been playing for 7 years. Well, actually. *sigh* My music life is difficult to explain. My teacher absolutely adores me and half my school thinks I'm Bach or something, but I'm not even done RCM yet. As for French Horn, I literally started last month, so I kind of suck.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I want to sing on my uke to sing Happy Birthdays! ^^

Last edited:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HexMozart88 Seven years is only seven years! I've been playing stringed instruments for eighteen! There's always plenty of time. The French horn will come to you in time as well. Keep practicing and enjoy the learning process. People are complimenting you because your talents are evident. Bach had to learn too!

MattNJ89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to learn to play acoustic and electric guitar one day. It would be cool to pull together a group of friends who know how to play different instruments and sing good and create a debut album together and make money with it but it is much easier said than done. I imagine I would have to practice and play guitar for a few years before I would become true guitarist material. Our music would also have to be something music listeners would like and want to buy. I think we would need a music producer too. A lot of work and risk but a lot of fun I imagine too!

ItsAlterity

Mirroraculous Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to be a guitarist for a minute. About four years down, I ended up just picking up electronic music and after having some jarring experiences with bands who didn't want to commit, I just kinda got jaded and didn't touch it for a bit. I still worked on Electronic music through FL Studio, but ended up switching around genres. Ironically though, I kinda wish I still had it, it would help now that I primarily focus on Darkwave. The dream would be to pick that up again, I'd be all about it and honestly from having picked up a friend's guitar the other day, I don't think I would struggle too much with it. I don't think I'd be down for the whole band thing YET, but I currently am working with a singer for another project so maybe something will happen.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I used to play a lot of guitar and then slowly lost interest in it, these days I don't have time to practice it even though I really want to. I also dabble in piano from time to time using my midi keyboard but I've never gotten particularly proficient at it. I wish I had more time to do all the things!

MattNJ89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to be a guitarist for a minute. About four years down, I ended up just picking up electronic music and after having some jarring experiences with bands who didn't want to commit, I just kinda got jaded and didn't touch it for a bit. I still worked on Electronic music through FL Studio, but ended up switching around genres. Ironically though, I kinda wish I still had it, it would help now that I primarily focus on Darkwave. The dream would be to pick that up again, I'd be all about it and honestly from having picked up a friend's guitar the other day, I don't think I would struggle too much with it. I don't think I'd be down for the whole band thing YET, but I currently am working with a singer for another project so maybe something will happen.
I am sorry to hear that you had some negative experiences with past bands you were a part of. I think it is cool that you got interested in making your own electronic music. Have you heard of or used Cubase? I believe it is a great tool for making your own electronic music. Good luck working with the singer for another project you are a part of. Hopefully things will turn out good for you.

I used to play a lot of guitar and then slowly lost interest in it, these days I don't have time to practice it even though I really want to. I also dabble in piano from time to time using my midi keyboard but I've never gotten particularly proficient at it. I wish I had more time to do all the things!
Hopefully you will be able to find the time eventually to pour into practicing an instrument if you are interested and wish to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:
Every RPG and MMO should let you transmog\glamour your gear so you can look the way you want.
So, to clear up things, this section is to speak about personal life stuff and such? or maybe upload game content?
excerpt from my game FW: WHAT?! You want me to shear sheep? I had servants, who had servants, that had servants that did peasants work. Vincent: Do you see any of your servants here? FW: Well... no. Of course not. Vincent: Then get to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vkings22