mfexplorer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible or practical to create an event which calls a Javascript game made in something like Construct 3, passing parameters to it from $gameVariables and $gameTroop and $gameParty and then returning the results of the battle to the calling event?

For example Construct 3 has a nice voice recognition capability. And you can build lots of different kinds of 2D games making a totally different combat paradigm.

Mac15001900

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that depends. Can you do programming?

If so, that should be a possible thing, just a somewhat tricky one. You could hide the canvas that RPGM draws on, create an IFrame and put your Construct minigame there. I don't think the base game will render if its canvas is hidden, but if it does, you'd also need to disable that. You'd also need to either stop RPGM from intercepting inputs or manually pass the relevant ones to the IFrame.

Mind that this will take up some RAM - since you'll have your regular game, plus Construct and your minigame all running at the same time. If you're doing parallax mapping it might be a good idea to transport the player to a dummy empty map when the minigame is running.

I'm assuming that those will be a minor part of your game, but just in case I'd recommend checking this thread about what it means for a game to be made with RPG Maker (which you need to be able to keep using its assets).

And lastly, just know that you can just directly call Pixi functions while staying within RPG Maker, which does actually allow you to draw arbitrary things on the screen and move them however you'd like.

If not, then I guess no, unless you find someone willing to make a plugin that will do it.

mfexplorer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, that depends. Can you do programming?

If so, that should be a possible thing, just a somewhat tricky one. You could hide the canvas that RPGM draws on, create an IFrame and put your Construct minigame there. I don't think the base game will render if its canvas is hidden, but if it does, you'd also need to disable that. You'd also need to either stop RPGM from intercepting inputs or manually pass the relevant ones to the IFrame.

Mind that this will take up some RAM - since you'll have your regular game, plus Construct and your minigame all running at the same time. If you're doing parallax mapping it might be a good idea to transport the player to a dummy empty map when the minigame is running.

I'm assuming that those will be a minor part of your game, but just in case I'd recommend checking this thread about what it means for a game to be made with RPG Maker (which you need to be able to keep using its assets).

And lastly, just know that you can just directly call Pixi functions while staying within RPG Maker, which does actually allow you to draw arbitrary things on the screen and move them however you'd like.

If not, then I guess no, unless you find someone willing to make a plugin that will do it.
Thanks for your reply.

I can do some programming but not everything required. I would need to find developers to help do this part.

It would just be a relatively minor part of the game.

Are there tutorials on how to use Pixi and more specifically any examples of actual code?

Mac15001900

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there tutorials on how to use Pixi and more specifically any examples of actual code?
I haven't personally used any, but Poryg seems to have a fairly extensive series on this.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

render000.png
been using old character designs I had from high school for npcs in my game. seeing as the original idea of my game was a comic, I've got a LOT of designs for characters sitting around. a lot of people aren't a part of the story anymore, so I'll make 'em npcs.
I am doing the evaluation of the feedback from the students who played my game and the comments are killing me. "it was good, we just did not have any smart trains of thought" xD
My goal this month will be to get back to organizing assets and make a prototype scene with multiple airships hovering or flying over the world map.
Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifer821