Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there, i have a problem, with Intel XDK here my step:

From RMMV: Export Android/iOS

Intel XDK: New HTML5+Cordova Project

Oper project root delete "WWW" default folder and past my RMMV Output "WWW" folder

Emulation OK
Test with Intel XDK App Preview on Iphone 5S

Push File on server

Open iPhone app, launch my project.

During the test almost everything works, if i open menù, sometimes randomly there's an error:

ReferenceError: Can't Find Variable: cordova (Pic provide)

What's the matter?

Best

cordova.jpg

EDIT:
I have try to add cordova.js in the index.html file of the project, same error.
There's some .js files missing in the index?

Best

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech-support is for getting the editors to run.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am sorry.. thanks

Faytless

Programmer who only gets Engineering jobs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you compile a blank RPG maker game using the www folder and XDK to see if you get the same message? 

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you compile a blank RPG maker game using the www folder and XDK to see if you get the same message? 

Thank you for your interest, i have create a blank project, same error...

I'm using intel XDK 3400

iPhone 5s iOS 8.4

(I know is not the last update, you suggest me to update the try again)

PS: Anyway, there's no cordova.js in any Intel Project sound strange...

Best

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So just a warning, I'm primarily an android guy

But in XDK,  go to the section where you can see code and expand out all of your windows.  Is there a Cordova.js present anywhere?  Also,  How random is this occurrence?  can you replicate it every time?  Can you also PM me a copy of your www folder?

Thanks

Tom

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the index.hmtl file there's no cordova JS because it's export from RMMV who don't have that.
I can add simple with

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/cordova.js"></script>

But there's no cordova.js i can't find her nowhere!

To replicate the bug i just open menù with 2 fingers touch, then just click on the top left corner of the menu, for any project that i create.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
out of curiosity have you tried compiling without cordova (when selecting a project template)?  if this still fails,  the most I'd really be able to do for you is test if it compiles okay via android.  XDK includes a bunch of API calls once you slap Cordova on it. 

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Solved, i'll explain here, mayby is useful for other users...

For iOS there's the iOS Cordova Library needed, i don't know if is different from android, but the iOS correct version is this:
GitHub Cordova Lib iOS

After several investigations, i think some plugin can makes conflict so assume that cordova is available in the global scope. (on the window object).The window.cordova is propagated only in the end of the cordova.js file.

So the Cordova.js library must called before all others js file, by default Index.html RMMV deployement, must add before pixi.js

So download iOS cordova library (Link above)

Put that into your project folder
www>js/libs/cordova.js

Then add this string into your index.html (before pixi.js)

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/cordova.js"></script>

Then probelm is fixed.

Thanks for your help Faytless!

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You said some plugins?  If that was the case then a blank project wouldn't have failed as well.  It's a little odd that it makes a call to a library that you have to import.  That's why I asked If i can borrow your project folder ( next I was going to ask to borrow your XDK project folder to see if the library is essentially installed on mine).  This library call isn't needed at least to what I've noticed with Android both converting via XDK or Manually.

Maybe this is something specific to iOS, I'm not sure --  Sorry for not being much help :p

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You said some plugins?  If that was the case then a blank project wouldn't have failed as well.  It's a little odd that it makes a call to a library that you have to import.  That's why I asked If i can borrow your project folder ( next I was going to ask to borrow your XDK project folder to see if the library is essentially installed on mine).  This library call isn't needed at least to what I've noticed with Android both converting via XDK or Manually.

Maybe this is something specific to iOS, I'm not sure --  Sorry for not being much help :p

You right, i don't have try a "really blank" project, because there's some plugin that i need so now is fixed and i'm ok :p
You help me a lot, thank you so much!

Best

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the Fire alarm went off 3 times in less then a half hour on my building. But my cat is so use to it going off he doesn't even run behind the couch anymore. He is just like, "This again?"
It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:
I'm considering making my own battlers from scratch, it seems like a daunting task, but I like the look of it so much...A_Miriam3.png
I picked up running again after a long time and managed to get from 2.25km to 7km in two weeks :3 Time to get rid of those covid kilos!
Have you ever wondered what the lives of the NPC's are like in your hero's story? Come an find out with us as we play, "A Story Beside" by Wayward Prophet :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryuinw123