Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This should be an obvious one, so if one could give a rather detailed explanation of how to interact with, say, a stove or a picture, I am sure I can pick out of it the one piece I am somehow missing, because I expect to be able to do something like this rather easily. I already can create people on the field with whom to interact, so that is not a problem.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Those "people" are actually events. Events can be anything you want them to be.
Just use a stove/picture/etc graphic for the event, and do your eventing like you do for your people events.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Those "people" are actually events. Events can be anything you want them to be.
Just use a stove/picture/etc graphic for the event, and do your eventing like you do for your people events.

Right now, I am trying to interact with a map on the wall. My character is facing it, I am pressing the action button, and nothing is happening! I made sure to choose the corresponding graphic for the same square on the map. What else is missing?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have to have the event set to same as characters (since it is on a tile you cannot walk on), and it must be one tile away (no more).

Also remember that events run the highest numbered page that is valid, so if you set up an event to have more than one page, it could run page 2 when you mean it to run page 1.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There can be many things preventing it to start:
  1. Priority setting must be set to "Same as Characters".
  2. Through setting must be turned OFF (under the Options section at the lower left side).
  3. Trigger setting must be set to "Action Button".
And there are other factors, but it would be easier if you could show us the event in question so that we can see all of your event settings.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do these two screenshots help?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-19 17.15.36.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-19 17.15.36.png
    427.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2017-08-19 17.15.47.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-19 17.15.47.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 65

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put the event over the right half of the map. It can't be reached because of the table.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Put the event over the right half of the map. It can't be reached because of the table.

I mean to interact with the map from the front, not the back.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It might be the tile you put the map on. That tile is meant to never be walked on (as it is meant for the ceiling), so it could be blocking it from working. Try a different tile, like the greyish ones you used on the right side of the map, as those are meant to be for walls.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It might be the tile you put the map on. That tile is meant to never be walked on (as it is meant for the ceiling), so it could be blocking it from working. Try a different tile, like the greyish ones you used on the right side of the map, as those are meant to be for walls.

Now it works! Thank you!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh, sorry, without proper walls, your map is a bit confusing. I thought all of the grey was unwalkable tiles, and that the map was to be approached from the wooden floor.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

and an original idea of people having alter egos is back... finally.
Another camping area.
I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilprodd