Interest in a Community Minecraft Server?

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

A couple weeks ago, Minecraft released its biggest update in a long while, the 1.13 Aquatic Update, breathing a lot of life into the game, at least for me. It really rekindled my love for the game.

And so, I was curious if there was any interest in a community server, where we could all play, build, survive, and explore the new update? I had run a similar server here last summer, which was a ton of fun.

Mystic_Enigma

A shadow keeping itself together...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooh, I haven't played Minecraft in a looong while, maybe it's time to start up again. But if a group server did come up, I would be interested(As long as people conduct themselves, that is. Servers have the tendency to be less than stellar when it comes to having an actually good community...).

PhotonDragon13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds pretty awesome! I was on the other RPG Maker Minecraft server when it was online a year or so ago, and I have got to say, that was the best small vanilla server I had played on. Everyone was really nice, and there wasn't any trolling/griefing/stealing/etc...

I haven't played Minecraft in a while, mainly because I've been finding singleplayer a little boring, and I haven't been able to find a small vanilla server where the players don't troll/grief/steal/etc... With the new update, it should make it super fun though!

Anyway, I think it's a great idea, and would be more than happy to join! :kaojoy:

Blackyu

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was there before, and Ima see if I can have fun there too ! Count me in ! ^^

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would love to but tbh I'm not a fan of the recent update, they starting to make classic minecraft look just kinda like a modpack

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy to hear there's interest! :)

I'll look into getting it set up tonight, so keep an eye on the thread.

Before I get it set up though, are there any preferences to starting biome/etc? It's pretty easy to configure, if anyone had any fun ideas they wanted to try out.

Mystic_Enigma

A shadow keeping itself together...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vis_Mage Actually, unlike most, I like to start in/find a snowy Biome whenever I start a game. Preferably Ice Plains. Sure there's a danger of Strays, but I like those kind of environments the most due to the supply of snow and the general atmosphere. Plus there's quiet snow instead of noisy rain!

Of course, it'd be good to see what everyone else has in mind first.:kaoblush:

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd be interested, but we'd have to have times in which we all could be online together so we can raid the water temples as a group. I like how the fishes can be caught by myself in this update, so the surviving part is really easy now haha.

Starting in a snowy biome sounds fine to me.

Last edited:

PhotonDragon13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A very late reply, but I agree with what has been said about the starting biome. All I recommend is that it's not an overly large one, as it can be hard to find other resources early on.
To make it fair as well, would it be possible to have the Elytra drop from the Ender Dragon? (It can be done with command blocks) Or perhaps we could possibly have a set time(s) for Ender Dragon fights, and after the dragon has been defeated, we could get an Elytra each? Seeing as how the Elytra are very rare and very far away, having it so either they drop from the dragon, or maybe summoned in after we defeat it (based on how many people were fighting it) would be great. Just an idea though :kaoswt:
Having times when we're all online, and raiding dungeons/temples/end cities/etc... would be fun as well, although, seeing as how we're mainly in all different places, finding a good time might be hard, maybe we could have 2 sessions? Around 12hrs apart from each other or something? Of course, this just means, we'd need to find multiple places to raid.

Can't wait for the server! :kaojoy:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the radio silence the past few days. Internet around here had gone out for a few days, although it's back up now. You bring up a good point with coordinating times for bigger events. For that matter, it'd be cool if we found a time that worked for opening the server for the first time. No sweat if anyone can't make it, but it would be cool to aim for.

As for the elitra, I'm not against the idea, given how difficult they can be to get multiples of.

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm GMT -4, it's 9:42AM right now and I'm mostly available on evenings and midnights (night owl here). Great idea on having an opening meeting; maybe we should start a big event on that day as a kick-off.

iorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A community mindcraft server? Count me in I've always found the idea of brainwashing people to be interesting

PhotonDragon13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm GMT+8 here, I'm usually on around nighttime. Although, the afternoon is also a good time (mainly on the weekend though). I'm probably the odd one out here haha
Of course, go with a time that's suited to the majority of people. :kaojoy:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was also on the server last summer, and I'd love to join one again, it was a lot of fun! (Especially since I've just gotten back into playing Minecraft again with 1.13 :kaojoy:)

I'm GTM+2, and currently on summer break, so I'd be pretty flexible time-wise.

IreneGrant

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russe
Primarily Uses
IGM
I have never been interested in comunity servers, I always created my own servers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS