Interest in a "let's learn programming" group?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
In a couple months or so, when my daughter has free time and/or is done her school year, I am planning to work through a free online course with her and my brother. She specifically wants to learn Java, but it occurred to me that this is also the way I learned in school, and provided a baseline of how programming works that provides a person with knowledge of programming that can be transitioned to many other languages.

So, I'd like to present a question now - how many people would be interested in this? I've already learned much of the stuff and will be more of a review for me, but I was considering making a Skype group in order to help people with questions and such. The goal in general would be to complete one unit every 1-2 weeks.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might be interested. I did some programming long ago, and I've also studied Ruby and JS a bit, to better understand scripting related to RM. It's hard for it to stick though, without a more solid base. And we will be done with school as well, so that will give me more free time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoetSmith