Interesting Bug, and potential additional feature?

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure how it happened, and I haven't been able to replicate it since then, but I was using the steam edition of Rpg Maker one day and I was able to open up both the Database and Script windows simultaneously. While it is a bug, it was pretty useful as I was able to work a bit more efficiently instead of switching between both windows.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance you had two instances of the editor running at once? I know it's possible (I can't manage it with the Steam version, but I can with the non-Steam one) - but don't know if it'd allow you to open the same game in two different windows. That'd definitely cause problems if you were editing the database in both.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Possibly, I know it's happened at least twice on my end, not sure how though. I had two instances of the same project in two editors (both steam versions). Can't see whether not it's the cause though.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Two editors. And both were not in fullscreen. I can see different windows :p

oNZ1rBc.jpg

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Two instances of Rpg Maker opened with the same project, the former didn't have the bug, but the latter did. Even after closing the first editor, the second still had the effect.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How did you manage to open 2 instances of RPG Maker with same project? Did you have steam and non-steam version? I can't manage with non-steam version.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think if you open them fast enough you can open two projects at the same time.

However that doesn't mean they are synchronized.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What Tsukihime said, I also noticed that if I clicked fast enough, I could open up two windows within the same project(IE: Music Player & Databse).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badalias