iRonan

Scrub
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to let your game sync with a download link/package from a website? It would be great, as my game is in beta stage and it has some bugs in it. I don't really want people (neither do they) to download the game over and over again, I want it to make a message pop up that there's a new update available, and then the options to download it or wait.

Is this possible or do I have to create something with C++ before it starts the game? - Regards

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes its possible. It requires VAST amounts of coding and ALOT of trial and error.

This is actually something i have been doing for quite a while for my own projects. Its not easy...

If you created a dll in C++ that had all your required methods it would make it slightly easier as you can then use ruby code to 'converse' with the dll and perform the required actions.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeigold123