Interrupting Walking Cycle Loop (ft. PKMN)

Lilliput

Lilliput
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Henlo, all!

I've been trying to wrap my head around a problem I've had for a little while now.

I have an npc event running around a point in a continuous circle. But, whenever I walk the player character infront of this npc, they dead stop, which is what I want. However, the issue comes when the player steps out of the npc's way. They just sit there, their loop cycle apparently broken.
I know that "Skip if cannot move" works, but that completely wrecks the perfect circular path I have them on, spiralling them into the far reaches of the map.

What I need is a way for the npc to stop when they walk into the player, and then after continue their cycle when the player leaves like it never happened. The most apt example of what I want, in case I'm explaining myself poorly, is something similar to Mr. Briney's house in the Gen 3 pokemon games, where the old man is chasing his wingull around the table. I'd always have fun walking the middle of his chase, blocking the two from moving. They'd always go back to chasing after I got out of their way.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you show a print screen of your event? I'm pretty sure all you need to do is make the box next to the 'Skip if cannot move' have no tick. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you...

Lilliput

Lilliput
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[MOVE]MV Support[/MOVE]
Thank you, and sorry! I'm new here.

Could you show a print screen of your event? I'm pretty sure all you need to do is make the box next to the 'Skip if cannot move' have no tick. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you...
I've tried "Skip if cannot move", but doing that just makes the character run hogwild around the screen if the player moves in front of it's route.
I'm just looking to find a way to pause the character's movement while the player stands infront of them, and then to resume it's regular route like nothing every happened when the player moves out of the way. I hope that makes what I'm looking for clearer!

Attachments

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried making your event and it works fine for me if the 'Skip if cannot move' is not ticked. My player can walk in front of the event and it doesn't ruin it's cycle.
1590554231193.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.
Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirty_score